Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The menu system is kind of bogging me down. One of the draws of Neptunia games is that they play lightning-fast, and that's kind of been disrupted when you have to stick everything in every single battle. The information isn't exactly presented in a great way either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I hated the menu system so much.

Interesting thing of note: Vert's creeper photo album of the CPU Candidates is volume 3, just like how VII is the 3rd game in the current canon.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Having to unlock the ability to use items - or do anything else - with cash is a little terrifying. On the other hand Lily rank appears to raise lightning fast nowadays.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The lower level coliseum battles make money a non-issue

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The game feels a lot easier than VII since you get full HP after every battle. Also nice since it means not having to hear Nep screaming about how she's gonna die every time I finish a battle.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I really hope it comes to PC. These changes sound nice enough for me to want to play through again.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It has VR in it, I'm sure it'll ported by Winter.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

So is it better to wait as long as possible before crafting anything, to try to push the Technology Level (and thus the rank) higher? It seems easier to make stuff which was sorely needed, but oh god the random diablo mods

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

So wait, I missed this whole VII-R thing. Is it just VII with some VR stuff slapped on it, or are there tweaks/improvements? I have VII on my Amazon wishlist.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
VII-R significantly changed how the battle system works, your party members all appear together on the field outside of battle now, some cutscenes are in-engine instead of with sprites to be more expressive, so it's more of a remake than just tacking on an extra with VR. The VR itself is entertaining but is definitely tacked on.

As I mentioned previously, VII-R feels a bit easier in dungeons since your party members recover full HP after every battle now which was not true in VII.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm glad they decided that Neplunker wasn't obnoxious enough. That was a good and necessary change. (I'm never getting any treasure chests in there.)

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Neplunker owns and it was designed just for me, and I don't care.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Between the full heal after battle, the spammability of special moves, and the crazy levelling (Neptune's 50 in her Hyper chapter, without a whole lot of effort on my part...) this is pretty fuckin' easy and I haven't crafted a thing. At least I can just do dressup and not really care about stats.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

R.I.P. Noire's level-up prance, 0/10

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/996799666074238982
Super Neptunia RPG

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

4GO is on sale on the humble store, was that one any good?

(I mean, I'll probably end up getting it even if it isn't, but...)

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
4GO plays like an MMO. You can break it with Uni's ranged attacks but it's pretty fun.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Irisize posted:

I liked it enough to finish it which is a first for Nep games

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

SWITCH-BOUND BABYYYYYYYY

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I hope Ram and Rom get redesigns to look like joycons instead of DS screens

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think this is set in the Super Dimension (possibly as a prequel to Rebirth 1 with the presence of original Arfoire) so they won't be appearing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Irisize posted:

I don't care for the chug mana potions to spam specials play style you have to use on bosses, but that's a matter of personal taste.

Also the parry counterattack misses all the time which is annoying. Otherwise it's fine.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

I think this is set in the Super Dimension (possibly as a prequel to Rebirth 1 with the presence of original Arfoire) so they won't be appearing.

Rebirth 1 lets you make them post-game, so...!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Dehry posted:

Well then I hope it happens in the next mainline Nep, whenever that is. I liked how V redid all the outfits and I hope that happens every so often moving forward

Lord Justice
Jul 24, 2012

"This god whom I created was human-made and madness, like all gods! Woman she was, and only a poor specimen of woman and ego. But I overcame myself, the sufferer; I carried my own ashes to the mountains; I invented a brighter flame for myself. And behold, then this god fled from me!"

Dehry posted:

Hm, not entirely sure I agree with Brave Neptune being in the SD. The issue with it being a prequel is the Console War, which would introduce problems with the characters interacting the way they're hinted to be in the Gematsu article:
"The scenario is being handled by Shougo Mukai. According to Mukai, “The scenario may be more incredibly cheerful than ever.”"

In other words, something rather drastic would need to happen to create the antagonistic and not at all friendly relationships the CPUs have at the beginning of RB1 (and most of HDN). Considering that CH has been moving away from the idea of a "Console War" for years now, I would find it strange if they went back to it.

As well, if it was a prequel, it would have to answer the question of what SD Neptune was like pre-amnesia, and while my memory is hazy, I think part of the thing with Neptune in the SD is that she's pretty different from how was she before she lost her memories. The Neptune in Brave Neptune, however, looks basically the same as usual. As an aside, given the amnesia in Brave Neptune, Neptune would have to lose her memories twice in the SD.

There's also the fact that usually the spinoff Neptunia games are in their own separate universes (4GO being an exception since it takes place in the HD after VII, and Hello New World, Geki Noire, and Geki Blanc existing in the HD as fictional works depending on your interpretation), with the CH games being the mainline entries.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I hope that Super Neptunia RPG doesn't just have VP style battles but also has the evaluation system for how hard you've worked and if not Histoire chews you out.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Nep-Nep posted:

I hope that Super Neptunia RPG doesn't just have VP style battles but also has the evaluation system for how hard you've worked and if not Histoire chews you out.

Only if that includes the bad ending where your evaluator beats the poo poo out of you if you do the worst job possible.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Nep taking over VP after Tri-Ace dropped the ball would be the best possible situation yeah

The fact that it's a side-scrolling platformer outside of combat already suggests they're borrowing more than just the combat.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Tengames posted:

Only if that includes the bad ending where your evaluator beats the poo poo out of you if you do the worst job possible.

Histoire just tells Nep off in the battle engine and in an aside Nep explains "words hurt too."

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lord Justice posted:

Hm, not entirely sure I agree with Brave Neptune being in the SD. The issue with it being a prequel is the Console War, which would introduce problems with the characters interacting the way they're hinted to be in the Gematsu article:
"The scenario is being handled by Shougo Mukai. According to Mukai, “The scenario may be more incredibly cheerful than ever.”"

In other words, something rather drastic would need to happen to create the antagonistic and not at all friendly relationships the CPUs have at the beginning of RB1 (and most of HDN). Considering that CH has been moving away from the idea of a "Console War" for years now, I would find it strange if they went back to it.

As well, if it was a prequel, it would have to answer the question of what SD Neptune was like pre-amnesia, and while my memory is hazy, I think part of the thing with Neptune in the SD is that she's pretty different from how was she before she lost her memories. The Neptune in Brave Neptune, however, looks basically the same as usual. As an aside, given the amnesia in Brave Neptune, Neptune would have to lose her memories twice in the SD.

There's also the fact that usually the spinoff Neptunia games are in their own separate universes (4GO being an exception since it takes place in the HD after VII, and Hello New World, Geki Noire, and Geki Blanc existing in the HD as fictional works depending on your interpretation), with the CH games being the mainline entries.

For what is worth, it would be easier to keep all the CPUs friendly if they're going with the SD shown on Rebirth. Since that retconned most of the animosity found on the original HDN.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

cheetah7071 posted:

Nep taking over VP after Tri-Ace dropped the ball would be the best possible situation yeah

Exist Arfoire

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

As long as we get "Come Forth My Noble Gameharjar!" or some variation....

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The Rebirth 1+ website updated and now the CPU Candidates use Syster instead of Sister.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

oh lord

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Was that a pun the whole time and I didn't notice??

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

HellCopter posted:

Was that a pun the whole time and I didn't notice??

Probably not, because someone would have noticed by now.

More importantly, the Candidates weren't in Rebirth 1 outside of the post-game, so it's actually weird that they're explicitly doing something with them for 1+. I wonder how that will go.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This is a brand new thing. Going back to the mk2 and Rebirth 1 sites they all used sister.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Well, we needed more puns anyway. By the end of this ride everything will be puns.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

PureRok posted:

Well, we needed more puns anyway. By the end of this ride everything will be puns.

:eyepop: there's even more puns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

SoftNum posted:

:eyepop: there's even more puns?

Heck, just the name Arfoire/Magiquone is a pun referencing the R4 DS flash cart, because piracy is the enemy of Gamindustri.