Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

In Training posted:

Winning Rainmaker in under 30 seconds :discourse:

Nothing like bumrushing the rainmaker by yourself even with a slow weapon like the 96 gal equipped.:cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im a proud proponent of the Get It And Don't Stop For Nothing gambit when it comes to Rainmaker and I only want teammates who also agree

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Expect My Mom posted:

im a proud proponent of the Get It And Don't Stop For Nothing gambit when it comes to Rainmaker and I only want teammates who also agree

When you have 3 swim speed up pure gears it feels like you don't really have a choice

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Fun game but holy poo poo the motion controls are bad in handheld mode

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Yeah, in handheld, they are less than ideal.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Adjust the sensitivity, they actually aren't that bad.

Alternately stand the console up and use a controller separately.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

Adjust the sensitivity, they actually aren't that bad.

Alternately stand the console up and use a controller separately.

That's what I do but the problem is that the screen is so tiny I have to practically be kissing it in order to focus/see everything that's happening. On the opposite end my 50" tv tends to give me motion sickness because I have the sensitivity cranked up all the way

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They’re perfectly fine to me in handheld mode, I just up the sensitivity to max.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Just played a Goldie Seeking round where the Goldie spawned in the same spot, right next to the basket, 4 out of 4 times we found it. What are the odds :psyduck:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

repiv posted:

Just played a Goldie Seeking round where the Goldie spawned in the same spot, right next to the basket, 4 out of 4 times we found it. What are the odds :psyduck:

peak jealousy considering how many times that round is a run-killer for me

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.
Well, it's probably just as well none of the turtles I picked won, because I'll be out of town visiting my folks next weekend so I won't have time to participate in the finals. Sucks that I'll miss out on the new shifty station, though. :smith:

repiv posted:

I've had a few Goldie rounds in the past where someone would find it first time, every time. I don't know how they do it.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I've had to turn motion controls off. I hated them on both the Wii systems and I guess I dont like them on the switch either.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

g0lbez posted:

I hope that Nintendo implements uploading to YouTube when the paid service launches because Twitter has always been hot garbage. Videos always buffer or just quit loading and every account I make gets swarmed with spam bots and then eventually locked

I don't mind Twitter I just wish we could get more than 30 second low quality clips. Not even remotely hopeful for that though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Idk I'm so used to motion controls in handheld mode that anything else feels terrible to me now, it's by far far my favorite way to play and the most accurate way for me. I don't think I'm in the majority tho

edit: yes though you definitely want to turn sensitivity up in handheld

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
at least this makes the final easier

Raph vs Mikey would have been tough

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I am happy that the video recording thing is actually showing up in new games, I was worried it was gonnna be something we'd only ever see in Nintendo first party stuff.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Pretty sure I'm getting matched with children. I've played like 30 turf wars.

I've won 4

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I am happy that the video recording thing is actually showing up in new games, I was worried it was gonnna be something we'd only ever see in Nintendo first party stuff.

There was some issue with Unity that made it not work in Unity games (which is like most of the indie switch stuff) but either a dev or the unity official account tweeted something recently about how it works now in the newest version of the engine. Hopefully we'll see it in more games than not going forward

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

so i was sucking, stuck at C+ in splat zones, until i decided to just be obnoxious with the curling bomb launcher and the aerospray.

equipped as much special power up gear as i could get, a hat with tenacity and a bunch of ink resistance and i don't think i've lost a game since i equipped it. it's just great. stand back, play relatively defensively, and hit them with wave after wave of curling bombs. it's terrific

Spellman
May 31, 2011

e: wrong thread

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

alf_pogs posted:

peak jealousy considering how many times that round is a run-killer for me

Usually it's a run killer for me because my loving idiot teammates immediately shoot every geyser near the basket, regardless of how much light there is (or, on occasion, even if we have already found the goldie) and then when we have found the goldie and shot a dozen eggs out of it, they will proceed to shoot the geysers open again immediately after they re-close rather than running any of the eggs to the basket.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

https://twitter.com/MiniFoo/status/995522619121127424

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

raditts posted:

Usually it's a run killer for me because my loving idiot teammates immediately shoot every geyser near the basket, regardless of how much light there is (or, on occasion, even if we have already found the goldie) and then when we have found the goldie and shot a dozen eggs out of it, they will proceed to shoot the geysers open again immediately after they re-close rather than running any of the eggs to the basket.

yah. even on profreshional, a lot of people seem to not understand how it works and just open up every drat thing. having to fight off an army of kohoks while barely hitting the egg ratio is painful

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Pretty sure I'm getting matched with children. I've played like 30 turf wars.

I've won 4

Try ranked. I never play turf war anymore unless it’s for Splatfests.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

SeANMcBAY posted:

Try ranked. I never play turf war anymore unless it’s for Splatfests.

Yeah I'm doing ok in ranked. Guess it was just a bad day on turf wars

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

alf_pogs posted:

so i was sucking, stuck at C+ in splat zones, until i decided to just be obnoxious with the curling bomb launcher and the aerospray.
After getting utterly crushed the first few times I played it, I’d been avoiding Splat Zones for weeks until the N-Zap ‘89 + Ink Resistance/Ninja Squid/Stealth Jump broke it open for me starting last night after Splatfest ended. I kind of fell apart on a bad run in Walleye Warehouse after getting to B tho.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

g0lbez posted:

I hope that Nintendo implements uploading to YouTube when the paid service launches because Twitter has always been hot garbage. Videos always buffer or just quit loading and every account I make gets swarmed with spam bots and then eventually locked

Would be nice if the video quality didn't potato out after 3 seconds too.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I know this is old news for everyone by now, but I just bought the game and the low fps you get in the city hub feels really jarring. Wish they'd just lower the detail to keep it at 30fps. It's hard to appreciate the nice visuals when it feels like my console is dying.

It's no big deal since the game itself runs flawlessly, of course. It's just weird since Nintendo is usually so good about this stuff.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The hub is at 30 FPS. The gameplay is what's at 60 FPS.

Winning animations of the Octolings were found.

Octoling Girl.

Octoling Boy.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

It definitely doesn't feel like 30 FPS while docked. More like 20-25. I was honestly worried there was something wrong with my game till I googled it and saw people online complaining about it :shobon:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Dr. Fetus posted:

The hub is at 30 FPS. The gameplay is what's at 60 FPS.

Winning animations of the Octolings were found.

Octoling Girl.

Octoling Boy.

Cute and good.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Do aerosprays share an animation with another weapon or are they just not included here for whatever reason?

Also that animation finna turn me into a dualies main, drat :stwoon:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Wrist Watch posted:

Do aerosprays share an animation with another weapon or are they just not included here for whatever reason?

Also that animation finna turn me into a dualies main, drat :stwoon:

Aerosprays count as shooters. So do all blasters.

Brushes and Rollers are considered to be in the same class.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Wrist Watch posted:

I believe aerosprays use the splattershot animation, like other shooters.

e:f;b

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Elman posted:

I know this is old news for everyone by now, but I just bought the game and the low fps you get in the city hub feels really jarring. Wish they'd just lower the detail to keep it at 30fps. It's hard to appreciate the nice visuals when it feels like my console is dying.

It's no big deal since the game itself runs flawlessly, of course. It's just weird since Nintendo is usually so good about this stuff.

If you just bought the game, there's a chance you were playing during a Splatfest (Friday night thru Saturday). The hub always gets laggy during splatfests I've noticed, there's a lot more going on than normal. The hub gets a special stage, lighting effects, more squids and such

If that's not the case though I have no useful advise sorry, never had enough lag in the hub to notice otherwise.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The N-Zap 89 is too good. I don't think I'll ever move past it, and all these greyed out weapons I have yet to unlock can just gather dust for all I care.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

g0lbez posted:

If you can be arsed to swap the sd card in and out, you could always put the videos on a PC then upload them from there. It would be way better to have it built in though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Elman posted:

It definitely doesn't feel like 30 FPS while docked. More like 20-25. I was honestly worried there was something wrong with my game till I googled it and saw people online complaining about it :shobon:

People actually give a poo poo about the frame rate in the hub not being the same as in-game? Enough to complain about it online??

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
gah! My glorified menus have a slightly slower framerate! gah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

LawfulWaffle posted:

The N-Zap 89 is too good. I don't think I'll ever move past it, and all these greyed out weapons I have yet to unlock can just gather dust for all I care.

I haven't touched the nzap since the neo splash-o-matic released