Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dizzy reboot was a failure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Until you have a tasteful outfit/facepaint/focus color combination picked out for every possible climate in Horizon Zero Dawn, you are playing the game on casual mode.

I'm only just getting started but I'm an idiot who loves to play Pretty Pretty Princess in every single game with customizable clothing options so don't you worry about this once I get going.

First I'm gonna get hella distracted by all these side quests tho

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Anybody remember mixed up mothergoose?

I remember mixed up mothergoose.

It was certainly a game that existed.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I remember it being used to mock you in a Space Quest death message.

Like "Nice going buddy, maybe 'Mixed Up Mother Goose' is more your speed."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How many games did sierra put out that didn't have tons of deaths and/or tons of potential reset points where you've missed a crucial item and can't go back to get it?

Because mixed up mother goose is pretty much the only one I can think of, but it is also the only sierra adventure game I've ever played

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

FirstAidKite posted:

How many games did sierra put out that didn't have tons of deaths and/or tons of potential reset points where you've missed a crucial item and can't go back to get it?

Because mixed up mother goose is pretty much the only one I can think of, but it is also the only sierra adventure game I've ever played
The Gabriel Knights weren't nearly as bad about them compared to most of their Sierra brethren.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i got through freddy pharkus a few times as a young lady so that probably doesn't ??

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Colonel posted:

move over persona 5

His archnemesis is Billy Hatcher.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

al-azad posted:

His archnemesis is Billy Hatcher.

Good Munning

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it still makes no sense to me why the best armor set in horizon has that stupid honeycomb pulse effect every few seconds, it's incredibly distracting and makes the armor basically unwearable

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZKcZbi1rg

Eggs-cellent

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I only have four trophies left to platinum Dark Souls 2 but three of them require covenant stuff and I don't know if I can be bothered. Heck I don't know if it's even possible at like level 170 something and probably a billion soul memory without starting again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can grind covenant items from enemies IIRC. But that poo poo isn't really worth it for a trophy

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Oxxidation posted:

it still makes no sense to me why the best armor set in horizon has that stupid honeycomb pulse effect every few seconds, it's incredibly distracting and makes the armor basically unwearable

Shieldweaver looks cool imho, and anyway it's not even better in the base game than Carja Silks or Shadow Stalwart.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

You can grind covenant items from enemies IIRC. But that poo poo isn't really worth it for a trophy

If I was going to do something insanely unfun for it I'd just get to NG++ so I could buy the spells I need

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Sakurazuka posted:

If I was going to do something insanely unfun for it I'd just get to NG++ so I could buy the spells I need

Its definitely faster to do it this way and NG+ is actually pretty cool in DS2 since it changes some things.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I thought that Crowbcat did a video on Metroid Other M but I guess it was someone else. It was a video with all the times a character said "baby" or "bottle" or "Adam" if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

This guy has been funny for a while i should sub

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

ProZD is good.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i first heard ProZD through his comic fandubs of Lackadaisy Cats and he uses the same voices for his work in Hat in Time and it drove me out of my drat mind trying to place where i'd heard these meek railroad owls before

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuByMZzLxpM

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

Shieldweaver looks cool imho, and anyway it's not even better in the base game than Carja Silks or Shadow Stalwart.

I was a little bit disappointed that you can't have her run around in the giant bulky fallout-looking power armor.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh yeah you can just go to NG++, it's way faster that way since you can skip the first 4 spokes pretty easily with how the big drangleic door works

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xo7ytuwPbA

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I bought Bloodborne GOTY for £18 new on eBay

Now I need to save up for a PS4 :( Are there any hardware issues like with the original PS3 and 360, or am I ok to get a pre-owned one from CEX or somewhere?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Convex posted:

Now I need to save up for a PS4 :( Are there any hardware issues like with the original PS3 and 360, or am I ok to get a pre-owned one from CEX or somewhere?

Early units are mostly fine except they might run loud (but if they're properly refurbished this shouldn't be an issue). Also the non-slims don't have 5 GHz Wi-Fi if that's an issue.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a free copy of Pillars of Eternity 2 by shitposting about Star Citizen so I’m gonna play that when I return from my vacation to South Carolina tonight

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Early PS4s with the touch eject buttons can have issues so I'd avoid those if you can.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Convex posted:

Some early models might have an issue where the capacitive disc eject button spontaneously triggers. There are fairly simple fixes for this and the slim or pro models should not ever do it.

They do have better wifi than the launch model but it's still garbage, go wired if you can.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

Early units are mostly fine except they might run loud (but if they're properly refurbished this shouldn't be an issue). Also the non-slims don't have 5 GHz Wi-Fi if that's an issue.

Some of them have a disc eject issue too

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Is Sierra the one that made a game called Hunter Hunted? I used to play that with my brother a lot

It was a game where one person was a human dude who could pick up special weapons and his goal was to escape from a labyrinth by finding keys. The other player was a huge rear end minotaur looking thing and its goal was to murder the human dude before he escaped.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Some of them have a disc eject issue too

Ahh yes.

I think any where the hard drive panel is matte instead of glossy is fine, though.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Cheers, sounds like a new one or a slim is the way to go then! I have a wired connection anyway so not bothered about WiFi but don't want it to overheat.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Convex posted:

Cheers, sounds like a new one or a slim is the way to go then! I have a wired connection anyway so not bothered about WiFi but don't want it to overheat.

They really cant overheat unless you block airflow Even when the jet engine fan is roaring its nowhere near its emergency shutdown tenperature

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, it should be fine unless you lock it inside a sealed cabinet or your room is unbearably hot. In normal circumstances it does not have heat issues.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Retro's big secret game is Star Fox Racing

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/996021609864548352

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah on older models you just might trigger Dreamcast Jet Engine memories with certain games, and some games like Uncharted 4 will do that regardless.

univbee fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 14, 2018

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Why not just make a new F-Zero with the Star Fox characters in it?

Nintendo really have no idea what to do with Star Fox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Do a barrel roll takes on a whole new meaning as tragedy strikes the Slippy Cup

Accordion Man posted:

Why not just make a new F-Zero with the Star Fox characters in it?

Nintendo doesn’t make good games anymore BOOM

• Locked thread