Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

iran_bomb_UN.jpeg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/IDFSpokesperson/status/995994265955250176

:thunk:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Man I would move.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Yeah if those assholes what that dirt path so bad they can have it, f that.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Don't worry, it won't be one mile from there for long with ongoing settlement construction

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Living next to a bunch of racist assholes who rev up their bulldozers and knock poo poo over at the slightest provocation? Yeah, I agree that would suck.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

That is some mediocre propaganda. Some people, a fence, some drone footage of a lovely field, suddenly a fire, and then a small group of people coming through a random fence.

Sure gets my blood boiling.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

quote:

Assad isn't even a Shiite

Can you elaborate on this given that he is an Alawite.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
but did you hear that heartbeat and garbly electronic noises?!

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
What's loving gross is the side-by-side comparison from the Opening ceremony to the crowd shots. This isn't good for anyone, much less to have the President's halfwit son-in-law and his very own freudian projection there as his proxies.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Holy moly, big one out of the Supreme Court.

https://twitter.com/oskargarcia/status/996029110873935875?s=19

https://twitter.com/WALLACHLEGAL/status/996028364233363456?s=19

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Considering the type of poo poo the IDF, settlers and Israel get up to in general, I would feel safe living at the border. I mean, when things start getting out of hand the IDF just up and moves the border wall another mile into Palestine territory.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Sweet, I've always wanted to be a seedy low level sports bookie who works for a mob soldier.

All I need is a vaguely insulting mob nickname and I'm set.

'Tiny' Dave Sarducci

BigDave fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 14, 2018

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I would be happy if I could bet on sports as easy here as I could in England mid-00s, just using your remote

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

I'm not done reading it all yet, but they completely overturned PASPA. For those that don't know, PASPA was passed in the early 90s to restrict sports betting in any place that didn't already have it. Four states were grandfathered in (Nevada for all of it's gambling and sports lotteries in three other states) and an exception was provided that would have allowed NJ to legalize sports betting provided they did it within one year. They didn't so sports betting remained illegal in NJ for another 20 years. 2012 a popular referendum passed that legalized gambling on sports and the NCAA and others sued under PASPA to enjoin the activity. They won all the way to the SCOTUS. In 2014, NJ just said "gently caress it" and repealed all of their sports betting laws to make gambling quasi-legal. There was no state sponsored structure or regulation, but there was also no criminal penalty. This is similar to a lot of pot decrims in various states. The same people from the first case sued again under PASPA. This time, however, SCOTUS ruled that PASPA's two sections at bar violate the anti-commendeering rule. This rule is something that prevents the feds from requiring states to affirmative act pursuant to a federal law. This is also why states cannot be forced to accept medicaid expansions. The court held that the two sections are not severable from the law, so it's completely overturned. Sports betting is now 100% in the control of the various state governments.

E: this sums it up
"The legalization of sports gambling requires an im­portant policy choice, but the choice is not ours to make. Congress can regulate sports gambling directly, but if it elects not to do so, each State is free to act on its own. Our job is to interpret the law Congress has enacted and decide whether it is consistent with the Constitution. PASPA is not. PASPA “regulate[s] state governments’ regulation” of their citizens, New York, 505 U. S., at 166. The Constitu­tion gives Congress no such power."

So yeah PASPA is completely gone.

E2: Thomas' concurrence would basically get rid of any severability rules if it were the law. This is funny, to me, because Texas and other republican strongholds use severability as a method to keep parts of heinous laws like their various bullshit abortion rules on the books.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 14, 2018

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Looking forward to soon seeing a Ladbrokes on every other street corner in most major cities.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I’ve been able to bet on sports using bovada since forever. Now I can just do it more inconveniently!

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

The Iron Rose posted:

Guys you realize s twitter post is not a final deal right

A bit late to this but those of us on the border mission did get deployed by tweet. I used to be worried about executive overreach, now I'm worried about executive cell phone reach.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Most states probably have laws on their own books preventing sports gambling, so this doesn't necessarily change anything right away, but I expect plenty of states to legalize bookies soon.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I have no social commentary on the below because it would detract from the picture.

https://twitter.com/shadirahimi/status/995862720292384768?s=19

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Most states probably have laws on their own books preventing sports gambling, so this doesn't necessarily change anything right away, but I expect plenty of states to legalize bookies soon.

Maryland apparently requires a constitutional amendment or something.

Indeed

https://twitter.com/SenBillFerg/status/996030922884616192?s=19

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 14, 2018

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Glenn Greenwald, human garbage

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/996023491634913280

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
In case anyone hasn't kept up with the news, the USA opened it's embassy in Jerusalem (the capital of loving palestine) which has, of course, led to protests at the border wall. IDF soldiers have been using live rounds in addition to rubber bullets. Kush, Ivanka, and a whole crew of trump/alt right/republican celebrities are in attendance while a short ways away civilians are being hosed up. Last casualty count I saw had 52 dead and 2400+ wounded.

Reminder the evangelical right pushes for this not really in support of israel, but because they need israel to be destroyed again to usher in the second coming of jesus.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/996062335549820930

Gonna be great when we have to evacuate our newest embassy complex when East Jerusalem and the West Bank finally boil over.

Trump’s gonna get the bigliest best Intifada ever!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Third Intifada's the charm?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Where's SnowdensSecret to white knight the IDF.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Mr. Nice! posted:

In case anyone hasn't kept up with the news, the USA opened it's embassy in Jerusalem (the capital of loving palestine) which has, of course, led to protests at the border wall. IDF soldiers have been using live rounds in addition to rubber bullets. Kush, Ivanka, and a whole crew of trump/alt right/republican celebrities are in attendance while a short ways away civilians are being hosed up. Last casualty count I saw had 52 dead and 2400+ wounded.

Reminder the evangelical right pushes for this not really in support of israel, but because they need israel to be destroyed again to usher in the second coming of jesus.

Palestinians storm the embassy, take Kush and Ivanka hostage.

Lets party like it's 1979!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Annual repost re: IDF and Palestine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Palestinians are Nazis. Got it. Thanks Israel.

Coldwar timewarp
May 8, 2007

Its telling that this isn't happening in Jerusalem or the West Bank. That and knife attacks. The Palestinians are abandoned and castrated, each Intifada weaker than the last. Your choice is to be starved and blockaded or allowed to exist as an occupied people with limited autonomy in a slow motion ethnic cleansing. Of course there is no choice, you get one or the other based on where you are born.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

I have no social commentary on the below because it would detract from the picture.

https://twitter.com/shadirahimi/status/995862720292384768?s=19

Fifteen Love

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Ted Cruz was also in Israel for the Embassy move, and posed with a Pastor who has openly said the Nazis were right and that Jews should've moved to Israel.

Strange bedfellows.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
One of the pastors giving an address for the opening has said that Jews, Muslims, gays, etc are bad and going to hell.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

I like that the Israel brick is bigger than the others.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

I really feel bad for the Palestinians because the rest of the Arab world has basically left them out to dry (they rather have Israel as a shadow ally against Iran) and most American media seems to only want to parrot IDF talking points.

I guess cultural genocide and ethnic murder is cool and good so long as it’s one of our “friends” doing it. But then again that has been the case since at least 1945 :(

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's better to think of the Arab world not caring much for the Palestinian issue unless they could use it for their own purposes.

And since Israel has effectively shunted all the Palestinians into boxes they can't escape or make much noise from, there's even less reason to trumpet the Palestinian cause.

It's still a cause worth trumpeting and all around hosed-up on the part of the Israelis but they've been relegated to just another minority group attempting to achieve justice in an unjust system.

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 14, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Arabs hate each other in ways that we can never possibly understand. That's what I've learned in the last 18 months or so.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
the wholesale murder of people of different religious viewpoints is a huge good thing in the eyes of american conservatives

lol

mods changed my name fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

mods change my name posted:

the wholesale murder of people of different religious viewpoints is a huge good thing in the eyes of american conservatives

lol

The biggest difference between hardcore conservative christians, zionists, and radical islam is which prophet of god they chose. Everyone else is wrong and blasphemous. Women are property, children are instructed to and obey god's law above all else and brought up to believe their way is the only right way, and that the men in charge are always right. The people in charge are also typically guilty of the most heinous crimes they preach against.

• Locked thread