Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
lol i just mach 3 my poo poo every other day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i installed a clock manager and was able to get it up to mach 3 turbo but the razor only lasts half the shave

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I've been thinking about getting it cue balled but I fear the day-moon's poisonous rays?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

I've been thinking about getting it cue balled but I fear the day-moon's poisonous rays?

bowler, obv

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sapozhnik posted:

lol i just mach 3 my poo poo every other day

same op

thanks dna :(

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Schadenboner posted:

Yeah you gotta wear a cap or a beanie pretty much at all times but if you already got your horseshoe crew membership card then this should be nothing new to you

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sapozhnik posted:

Yeah you gotta wear a cap or a beanie pretty much at all times but if you already got your horseshoe crew membership card then this should be nothing new to you

Nah, it's receding a little bit but I wouldn't call it balding and I already wear a hat pretty much all the time so :shrug:?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

imo a full cue is cool and a coworker did that and looked tough as heck

if he added a beard he looked scary, no beard was friendly. you got options, and either way you look like you're form the future

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I just feel like I'm going to end up fulfilling the stereotype that black dudes with cueballed heads look badass (I mean, even Gordon from Sesame Street is probably a :shlick:-target for uncountable millions) and white dudes with cueballs look like chemo patients?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

white dudes with cueballs look like chemo patients?

lift a weight and be mr clean

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Bobby Digital posted:

lift a weight and be mr clean

i worked with another guy that fit that category and he was ambiguously 'older' but still looked like he'd punch through a brick wall. dude was super nice and it was cool :shobon:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Agile Vector posted:

i worked with another guy that fit that category and he was ambiguously 'older' but still looked like he'd punch through a brick wall. dude was super nice and it was cool :shobon:

that’s probably my destiny in a few years. judging from older relatives i’d be surprised to still have most of my hair by 35. hell, i’m lucky to still have it now. both of my younger brothers have already started losing it fast

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Schadenboner posted:

white dudes with cueballs look like chemo patients?

i was directed not to get a #1 trim because "you look like fuckin mini me and your beret somehow makes it worse"

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

flakeloaf posted:

your beret

:whitewater:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
he's a soldier in one of those silly countries where people still wear berets with a straight face

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

was, and uh, don't the yanks wear them too

and yeah they are a bad hat

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

a small number of specific units (or whatever the term is) wear them, but the vast majority do not

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Endless Mike posted:

a small number of specific units (or whatever the term is) wear them, but the vast majority do not

in order to improve morale they made berets the standard uniform for all army members

special units just get special colors

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
observing that army rangers and green berets have better morale than the main body of troops, then concluding that it must be caused by the headwear, is the most army thing that ever armied

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
oh ok I was just picturing a big, floppy raspberry beret. the kind that you find in a second-hand store

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i wonder how long it is before cops start wearing berets for the same reason

i'm a high speed low drag operator, baby *can't fit into squad car*

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

nah, this is a high impact tactical use of force crisis emergency, a part of your uniform that comes off is a part of your uniform that becomes a weapon for the wolves to use against the sheepdogs fap splooge

gotta have those APCs for when some shutin grandma racks up too many parking tickets though

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

we should make american police wear high viz like the british, that could deflate a some of the "I'm the punisher, the thin blue line that separates order from chaos"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oh fun cop story from my canadian hometown btw

so on friday there was a little league (~8 year olds) hockey game in the next town over and my town's team lost. all the hockey dads have been drinking the entire game and are drunk on the bus ride home. one of the dads is a local cop and is incredibly hammered and starts yelling at all the kids about how lovely they are while the other dads try to calm him down.

they get back into town, get out in the tim hortons parking lot or whatever, and the drunk cop dad grabs his son by the arm and yanks him into his truck. the other dads try to stop him but he drives off.

so the other dads call the police on him. because the local cops all know this guy and they don't want there to be a conflict of interest, they in turn call the OPP (provincial police/highway patrol) instead. the OPP quickly nab him, cause they're super psyched to get a cop. impound the truck, charge him with drunk driving and child endangerment, take the kid home.

THE NEXT DAY

the chief of police finds out and hits the roof. he suspends the two cops who took the original call from the other parents, because they called the bigger cops on one of their own instead of "handling it internally." the suspended cops in turn report this also to the OPP, and now the OPP has started an internal affairs investigation into the chief and the local cop shop as a whole

:yum:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

in order to improve morale they made berets the standard uniform for all army members

special units just get special colors
looked this up, and yeah, it happened in 2001. dang and also

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

observing that army rangers and green berets have better morale than the main body of troops, then concluding that it must be caused by the headwear, is the most army thing that ever armied
lol

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

the chief of police finds out and hits the roof. he suspends the two cops who took the original call from the other parents, because they called the bigger cops on one of their own instead of "handling it internally." the suspended cops in turn report this also to the OPP, and now the OPP has started an internal affairs investigation into the chief and the local cop shop as a whole

someone forgot he was in canada i guess

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i'm down with opp

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

qirex posted:

we should make american police wear high viz like the british, that could deflate a some of the "I'm the punisher, the thin blue line that separates order from chaos"

they should have to keep daisies in their shirt pockets, like clowns

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

qirex posted:

it gives me conniptions to see "thin blue line" stickers on cars parked outside the police station

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
i want police and security who patrol in pairs to hold hands

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

it gives me conniptions to see "thin blue line" stickers on cars parked outside the police station

someone post that tweet with the sheriff's dept that stuck their cars with vinyl decals of the punisher logo and "blue lives matter"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ynohtna posted:

i want police and security who patrol in pairs to hold hands

i want to take away the policemen's cars

cops hide in their cars and only talk to people when there's something bad going down. instead make them walk a beat, so they interact with people on a regular basis in a normal context. "hi officer, how are you" "oh pretty good, nice day today innit?" etc. both the policemen and the populace will benefit

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

i want to take away the policemen's cars

cops hide in their cars and only talk to people when there's something bad going down. instead make them walk a beat, so they interact with people on a regular basis in a normal context. "hi officer, how are you" "oh pretty good, nice day today innit?" etc. both the policemen and the populace will benefit

this requires american cities to be walkable

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

this requires american cities to be walkable

no it doesn't

it requires cops to be held to a higher standard of physical fitness than the average person

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the sfpd has been operating in direct defiance of city statutes passed by both the supervisors and voters over the last 3 decades requiring them to not sit in their cars their entire shift and do community policing like ride muni or walk a small amount but they just don't bother and never will

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
being an sfpd officer always struck me as a very relaxing way to make a living

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

qirex posted:

the sfpd has been operating in direct defiance of city statutes passed by both the supervisors and voters over the last 3 decades requiring them to not sit in their cars their entire shift and do community policing like ride muni or walk a small amount but they just don't bother and never will

this is the same city whose parks department was found to have hundreds of employees who didn't go to work

they got paid, they just never showed up, and nobody ever checked

in other words, while lots of police departments are poorly run, given the general pattern of san francisco city government, i expect sfpd is exceptionally wasteful and stupid

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
sfpd has one of the lowest arrest and conviction rates among major city police departments

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

no it doesn't

it requires cops to be held to a higher standard of physical fitness than the average person

i mean there are literally cities that don't believe in sidewalks in the south

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that's probably good though? arrest rates don't tell you anything about the legitimacy of the arrest

overall reported crime rates are probably a better indication of whether the cops are doing their job (deterring crime)

hobbesmaster posted:

i mean there are literally cities that don't believe in sidewalks in the south

give em bicycles

huh, just noticed that this is google thread, not sure how it became cop thread

• Locked thread