Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, giving a satifying finale season for AoS would be a drop in the bucket if they use existing sets and such.

I noticed that Dove Cameron is Spider-Gwen in the new animated series, so they probably said "hey want to come on AoS for a few episodes?".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Maybe with Inhumans cancelled they can bring the royal family onto Agents of SHIELD season 6 to salvage their characters for a good story.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
For the love of god, no.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Argue posted:

Maybe with Inhumans cancelled they can bring the royal family onto Agents of SHIELD season 6 to salvage their characters for a good story.

The royal family loving sucked and were the worst part of Inhumans. Every one of them was terrible in their own unique way.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Best thing that could happen with that Inhuman show is that we all collectively forget it existed.

I know I almost have. Except for a few bits that still linger to remind me how awful it was.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I only made it 1,5 episode into inhumans before bailing on the show. I had blessedly forgot all about until it was brought up in this thread.

Thanks, thread.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Slashrat posted:

I only made it 1,5 episode into inhumans before bailing on the show. I had blessedly forgot all about until it was brought up in this thread.

Thanks, thread.

Just wait until we reach our semi-regular Heroes reminder :v:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Xtanstic posted:

Just wait until we reach our semi-regular Heroes reminder :v:
Funnily enough, I thought the "I can fly now" Talbotron says to his son was maybe a small nod to Petrelli's flying power on Heroes.

And now I helped reminisce.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

AbstractNapper posted:

Best thing that could happen with that Inhuman show is that we all collectively forget it existed.

I know I almost have. Except for a few bits that still linger to remind me how awful it was.
Otherwise we have to believe that in the MCU continuity, there was a secret city on the moon and all that stupid junk.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Argue posted:

:getout:

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
We could bring the good characters across maybe.

Yeah. Lockjaw. That's about it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Man I can’t believe they renewed AOS and then immediately canceled it

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

AbstractNapper posted:

Yea its in the part of my memory that contains Allen Gregory and the Napoleon Dynamite cartoon.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Aaaaaaand Inhumans is officially canceled.

e: whoops late news, choked again :negative:

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Yeah, they can bring across Lockjaw. Just get a normal dog, glue that headpiece on him and say some Inhuman shrunk him and leave it at that.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Andrew_1985 posted:

Yeah, they can bring across Lockjaw. Just get a normal dog, glue that headpiece on him and say some Inhuman shrunk him and leave it at that.

Bring him over in the finale and have gravitalbot start crushing him before being stopped. Leaving him dog sized.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
What if Ward's dog was Lockjaw?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Masonity posted:

Bring him over in the finale and have gravitalbot start crushing him before being stopped. Leaving him dog sized.

He can still teleport around and it annoys Daisy to no end

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lockjaw should just be saved for the Ms. Marvel film where they can do him justice and not just have him sleeping in a barn because the CGI is too expensive.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I still can’t believe Medusa only had her hair powers for the first episode.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

ApeHawk posted:

If we DO get another season/show, it better have a bigger budget. IW is getting Marvel/Disney truckloads of money a second; they can afford to throw some of that to AoS.

The thing is, ABC wanted to cancel AOS after Season 4. Disney said NO!, so ABC had a tantrum and cut the budget.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Kheldarn posted:

The thing is, ABC wanted to cancel AOS after Season 4. Disney said NO!, so ABC had a tantrum and cut the budget.

ABC is a business. Cutting the budget for a long-running show with terrible ratings is perfectly sensible.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Disney xould have said NO! Again. They literally own ABC.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Masonity posted:

Disney xould have said NO! Again. They literally own ABC.

Disney for the most part doesn't seem to be into micromanaging their properties. Yeah they said AOS keep it around, but I'd be surprised if they said "fully fund it".

Hell it isn't like the Netflix shows are super high budget either.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Barry Convex posted:

I still can’t believe Medusa only had her hair powers for the first episode.

Even better was that she had the power to regrow it the whole time.

They could not possibly have made it more obvious they didn’t have an effects budget without turning to the camera mid episode and declaring it verbatim.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I really find it jarring that they keep alluding to events in Infinity War. I really wish they'd just ignored it and used a flexible timeline that they could work with if they get a season 6.

Now (spoilers for Infinity War) they're in a tough spot. If they follow Infinity War and half the people vanish, and they get a season 6, will it wait until after Avengers 4? Or will they just keeps everyone around, which puts them in the same place - if they get Season 6, it will either have to definitely address Infinity War unless they wait till after Avengers 4 and just ignore it.

Though it would be hilarious if the final showdown with Gravitron ends with him and Coulson just Vanishing.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Medullah posted:

I really find it jarring that they keep alluding to events in Infinity War. I really wish they'd just ignored it and used a flexible timeline that they could work with if they get a season 6.

Now (spoilers for Infinity War) they're in a tough spot. If they follow Infinity War and half the people vanish, and they get a season 6, will it wait until after Avengers 4? Or will they just keeps everyone around, which puts them in the same place - if they get Season 6, it will either have to definitely address Infinity War unless they wait till after Avengers 4 and just ignore it.

Though it would be hilarious if the final showdown with Gravitron ends with him and Coulson just Vanishing.

I agree. But so far it seems like the showrunners had no idea what was happening in IW so they just wrote generic scenes to reference it. There's no way in hell they transition from 'generic reference that would conceivably fit in any scenario' to outright referencing it or having it completely influence the ending of the season like they were able to do in season 1.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
It seems like another purpose of introducing alternative timelines and the future-presence of the characters outside of the world's destruction is so whatever happens next season can focus on that rather than the IW stuff. They're probably going to save Coulson but he'll do the good old self-sacrifice thing while Daisy sorta kinda loses her battle against Graviton. It seems like they'll probably just have Robby show up and take everyone in the room to hell. Maybe we'll get a pentinence stare as Talbot that literally kills the minds captured in the infused Gravitonium.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Medullah posted:

I feel like they can ignore it because half the people vanishing doesn't mean everyone in the same room has to vanish at all.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
maybe everyone will get sucked into that fear dimension so they can ignore IW entirely

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
A pod in hell would be pretty awesome and yet another excuse to bring back Ward.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I feel like they can ignore it because half the people vanishing doesn't mean everyone in the same room has to vanish at all.
CAUTION INFINITY WAR SPOILERS BELOW

I think they've brought enough 'fluff' characters that they can easily lose half without ruining the show. Here are my thoughts:

Piper - dust
Davis - dust
Quake - survives
Fitz - survives
Simmins - survives
Mack - survives
Yoyo - dust
Coulson - dust
Deke - dust
Graviton - survives and becomes an agent
May - survives and becomes the leader

Then the next season airs after the next IW and Coulson is back and healed.

I think having an expanded cast with Piper and Davis and Deke gives them just enough people to dust so that they can have a decent show while still getting rid of half of the 'agents.'

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

CornHolio posted:

I think they've brought enough 'fluff' characters that they can easily lose half without ruining the show. Here are my thoughts:

Fitz - survives
Simmons - survives

Nah, gotta change one of these.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

OB_Juan posted:

Nah, gotta change one of these.

I'm actually really afraid that they will. I refused to do it though.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

CornHolio posted:

Piper - dust
Davis - dust
Quake - survives
Fitz - survives
Simmins - survives
Mack - survives
Yoyo - dust
Coulson - dust
Deke - dust
Graviton - survives and becomes an agent
May - survives and becomes the leader

I think having an expanded cast with Piper and Davis and Deke gives them just enough people to dust so that they can have a decent show while still getting rid of half of the 'agents.'

So Robin's visions are just dumb and wrong?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Aleph Null posted:

Well yeah, she didn't see poo poo about Thanos coming.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Ouhei posted:

Well yeah, she didn't see poo poo about Thanos coming.

She was still under the NDA. She can draw all about it now.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Aleph Null posted:

I mean, we know they'll come back somehow...

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
also Piper is becoming a good character, she better not go anywhere yet :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
So far every movie plus AoS has always taken place in real time*. The MCU could easily turn into a massive clusterfuck if they started airing things that take place out of order and I genuinely hope they never do. Despite the fact that nerds are constantly theorizing that they are.

*except for obvious period pieces that are clearly taking place in different decades like Carter and Ms Marvel or future travel