Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
1 flash gotten is a successful gank my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

KirbyKhan posted:

"HE'S ON FIRE!!!" after purchacing Bamis Cinder.

Just play Brand and have every line replaced by that.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Both flashes prove neither jungler had any idea what the gently caress was happening in top lane.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

nobody sane actually wants anything to do with top

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

As adc, I can mostly blame the support when things go bad. I have nobody to blame but me up in top lane. I haven't been there in years.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Verviticus posted:

how to make life hard for your top laner . jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZN77jxw.mp4

"Even though he took me to 50% hp before I even dented him, I'm sure if I stick in melee for another 7 seconds I'll make up the difference, no need to even try escaping over the wall"

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

"Even though he took me to 50% hp before I even dented him, I'm sure if I stick in melee for another 7 seconds I'll make up the difference, no need to even try escaping over the wall"

To be fair, that's literally true in some matchups, like if a burst champ runs up and uses all their poo poo and only brings you to half and you're Jax or something you're probably going to be fine (maybe not at level 1)

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Stefan Prodan posted:

To be fair, that's literally true in some matchups, like if a burst champ runs up and uses all their poo poo and only brings you to half and you're Jax or something you're probably going to be fine (maybe not at level 1)

That's not the case in this situation though. Sej had no chance of sustaining the damage from Lee, then Sej chose to run all over the river instead of flashing into jungle and using a plant for disenage.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

DaStampede posted:

As adc, I can mostly blame the support when things go bad. I have nobody to blame but me up in top lane. I haven't been there in years.

Never forget the jungler is a support to everybody.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

DaStampede posted:

That's not the case in this situation though. Sej had no chance of sustaining the damage from Lee, then Sej chose to run all over the river instead of flashing into jungle and using a plant for disenage.

Well right, which is why I gave an example that wasn't this

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
I think I am really stuck in Silver 2. I have bounced back and forth between S3 and S2 about ten or so times in the last 30 days.

I really only play Draven and across nearly 400 games this season I have a 52% win rate. Keep in mind that this is my first season.

Some mental notes on why I am stuck.

1) I lose lane and cant get back in the game. I have a really hard time versus Kaisa, Lucian, MF, Cait, alistar and brand. Here I can only try to learn from my mistakes and play better.

2) Cant finish game out and then my Draven grte outscaled. I may get huge early and cant seem to get the entire team together to finish. I notice in league that a lot of top laners want to constantly split push. At what point do they join the fight? In DotA if you have a big lead, you just group and go. So there may be a difference in this game where I shouldn't expect people to group but to just 4-1. It's that or I am running into dumb teammates that dont want to push an advantage.

3) Enemy mid gets big. To me it seems like it is much easier, as an adc, to build armour items than magic resistance. Besides maw and scimitar, I dont really know what I could build that would be useful on draven and give a ton of MR. There are quite a few games where I just get popped like a cherry by magic damage. Maybe this just boils down a positioning thing but in big fights Dravens lack of mobility sometimes becomes a problem. I want to be close to the guy initiating to be able to take advantage of his jump.

Any help would be appreciated. I just went on a 8 game losing streak so I need to change something up.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Enigma89 posted:

I really only play Draven

I found your problem. Playing a super feast or famine champ who can be rendered irrelevant by a single early game kill.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Besides branching out champs you play, try looking at a recording of your own gameplay and look for the minor little mistakes that either pile on to snowball into a lost game like tiny little mispositions that either let the enemy hit you for free, you neglecting to hit the enemy for free, or missing last hits either because you didn't pay attention or because you hit the enemy while you should of been in a position to last hit instead.

A large difference between good players and bad players are all those times the good player lands a autoattack on the bad player and the bad player doesn't react, after enough times suddenly the bad player is 10% hp under tower while the other guy is 100% and prepared to dive with the jungler or just get that final auto on the guy who let him chunk 90% of his health off just free autos.

Bad players make a lot of mistakes, good players still make mistakes, but they recognize when the other person is and capitalize on it, sometimes those mistakes are just being a couple feet in the wrong direction.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 13:55 on May 14, 2018

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

njsykora posted:

I found your problem. Playing a super feast or famine champ who can be rendered irrelevant by a single early game kill.
The go-to advice for anyone struggling in low-elo are stop playing fancy champions.

If you made it to Silver 2 with only Draven, you can probably make it to Gold by only playing Sivir, Ashe, or Caitlyn the rest of the time

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

The go-to advice for anyone struggling in low-elo are stop playing fancy champions.

If you made it to Silver 2 with only Draven, you can probably make it to Gold by only playing Sivir, Ashe, or Caitlyn the rest of the time

That too, on top of needing to get your basic positioning in order, you got to position for axes which can land contrary to good positioning and if you aren't super twitchy and on top of making them land where you need to be will be getting you killed or halving your damage potential by missing them.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

what is everyones favourite type of poo poo talking? i like the armchair psychology masters who can analyze your whole life over a video game but only when losing. love being called a 40 year old 350 pound unemployed virgin because i killed a guy in a game

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

pog boyfriend posted:

what is everyones favourite type of poo poo talking? i like the armchair psychology masters who can analyze your whole life over a video game but only when losing. love being called a 40 year old 350 pound unemployed virgin because i killed a guy in a game
Typing "ok" in all chat is my only form of BM and it still triggers people

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

i like to scoreboard shame, and render my allies small by pointing out their every mistake, which is simple to do from my place afk farming the jungle

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

RealFoxy posted:

Thanks for this. I have actually been seeing a lot of Ashes lately and losing a few times to her late because of that drat ult.

Caitlyn I can play well but I feel so limp dick most of the game. Until I get more than two zeal items and an IE, I feel like I am just tickling people.

As for Sivir. She seems decent so I will try her out. I am curious on why her versus others? I was expecting people to suggest trist and vayne because of their movement spells. What makes sivir so good?

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

RealFoxy posted:

Typing "ok" in all chat is my only form of BM and it still triggers people

The solo ? Is nice.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

Enigma89 posted:

The solo ? Is nice.

Especially in response to stuff that wouldn’t merit it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Enigma89 posted:

Thanks for this. I have actually been seeing a lot of Ashes lately and losing a few times to her late because of that drat ult.

Caitlyn I can play well but I feel so limp dick most of the game. Until I get more than two zeal items and an IE, I feel like I am just tickling people.

As for Sivir. She seems decent so I will try her out. I am curious on why her versus others? I was expecting people to suggest trist and vayne because of their movement spells. What makes sivir so good?
Tristana and Vayne have the same type of issues that Draven have, they're feast-or-fammine types that have the same types of weaknesses. Sivir is a general all-around type, Ashe has great utility, and Caitlyn when played properly is a great lane bully that scales very well.

When you're climbing and especially if you're newish, you don't need anything flashy, just get good at the basics. If you're plateauing on Draven at Silver 2, a more basic champion should be more than good enough to keep climbing

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
also recommended, as the thread knows well:

Miss Fortune Miss Fortune Miss Fortune

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Enigma89 posted:

Sivir forces you to get good with your positioning because besides her spellshield she has zero way to self peel. Her ricochet as well means you can just attack the frontline and so long as you crit them you'll crit the entire team if they're grouped up so it's very easy to just play safe and not worry too much about who you're attacking. Plus once you have a BF Sword you can just clear just about any minion wave with a few ricochet auto attacks and a Q.

I'd also recommend Varus, he's pretty similar in a lot of areas but has a much better teamfight ult and potential to pull off sick kill snipes and objective steals with his Q because no-one in silver knows how to smite.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Enigma89 posted:

I think I am really stuck in Silver 2. I have bounced back and forth between S3 and S2 about ten or so times in the last 30 days.

I really only play Draven and across nearly 400 games this season I have a 52% win rate. Keep in mind that this is my first season.

2) Cant finish game out and then my Draven grte outscaled. I may get huge early and cant seem to get the entire team together to finish. I notice in league that a lot of top laners want to constantly split push. At what point do they join the fight? In DotA if you have a big lead, you just group and go. So there may be a difference in this game where I shouldn't expect people to group but to just 4-1. It's that or I am running into dumb teammates that dont want to push an advantage.

Everyone's already said 'learn another champ' and if you're good at draven, it won't take long to get good at someone else.

Regarding split pushers: they're a valid and annoying tactic. If they're on your team, resign yourself to the fact that they won't be joining teamfights much until super late game. Don't initiate team fights - skirmish, defend objectives, look for picks on isolated enemies. If you're doing it right, they may end up killing 4 of you but in the meantime that Nasus has smashed down a tower, inhib and a nexus turret. Good split pushing champs can either 1v1 someone who tries to stop them, or requires 2-3 people peel away from a fight to stop them. While they're busy with your toplaner, you've taken a drake/tower/whatever.

They're annoying as poo poo to deal with, especially someone like tryndamere who may have died 5 times in lane but through persistance has made it to your nexus turrets and can take down 1-2 people if his ult is up.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Also if you're having trouble against a particular champ, learn that champ. Get to know their cooldowns, figure out when they spike or slow down in power, learn the range on their abilities, find out what champs they have difficulty with.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Thanks everyone. Anything regarding question #3?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
It's the other way around. MR is much easier to build for ADC than armor. Edge of Night and Maw are both useful and you can grab nullifying orb too if you need it. By contrast trying to survive an angry rengar who wants you dead is just not possible on certain ADCs.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
Also, you can just stay away from the fed mage. Assassins, not so much.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Transient People posted:

It's the other way around. MR is much easier to build for ADC than armor. Edge of Night and Maw are both useful and you can grab nullifying orb too if you need it. By contrast trying to survive an angry rengar who wants you dead is just not possible on certain ADCs.

There's also Wit's End, which serves the dual purpose of giving you MR while taking it from whoever you're attacking and giving you attack speed.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My favorite allchat responce is to just type "videogames". Gotta keep the perspective at all times.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Transient People posted:

My favorite strat for when I'm the ADC and the enemy team has a fed as gently caress Rengar but that's really the only thing going for them is to buy a stopwatch, pop it when he blows all his poo poo and goes to jump me, let my team kill him, then sell the stopwatch and buy it again for the next fight.

This probably isn't a good idea, but it worked the two times I've done it and was very funny.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Enigma89 posted:

Thanks everyone. Anything regarding question #3?

You can also go ninja tabi to splash in armor. Also consider deaths dance and/or bloodthister. In reality your positioning will matter more.

One other suggestion other than standard carries is jhin. He has a different farming style than other ADC that can make you more deliberate with you auto attacks. He struggles against tanks but can be really fun and bully similar to draven.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

milkman dad posted:

You can also go ninja tabi to splash in armor. Also consider deaths dance and/or bloodthister. In reality your positioning will matter more.

One other suggestion other than standard carries is jhin. He has a different farming style than other ADC that can make you more deliberate with you auto attacks. He struggles against tanks but can be really fun and bully similar to draven.

I actually play a lot of jhin and find him incredibly fun but I lose a poo poo load with him. When I am on a team that can peel and group it's awesome. But most of the time I feel like I cant get 4 or 5 items before the game is over.

It just seems so easy for some adcs that have movement / dashes to do really well because you can reposition yourself do easily.

Enigma89 fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 14, 2018

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Enigma89 posted:

I actually play a lot of jhin and find him incredibly fun but I lose a poo poo load with him. When I am on a team that can peel and group it's awesome. But most of the time I feel like I cant get 4 or 5 items before the game is over.

It just seems so easy for some adcs that have movement / dashes to do really well because you can reposition yourself do easily.

Are you winning bot lane with him? A good reason to play him in low elo in my opinion is his trade pattern is very straightforward. You only trade on 3/4 shot (it's good to use q or w after you fire your 3rd shot to maximize dps). That said if your support is a potato you're in for a bad time.

When do you usually play?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
If you want to win in soloqueue, my opinion is just one trick a champ. It really doesn't matter which one. Just keep playing whatever champ you play and have one backup only for when it gets banned/picked away.

e: you can literally play the hardest/worst champ, but if you only play that champ for like 300 games you're going to be better than most people in whatever elo you're currently at

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF8cZE79ZG0

Pyke is literally yasuoDarius but a support

https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/champion-reveal-pyke-bloodharbor-ripper

e2: hahahahahahahahaha

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 14, 2018

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

So a support assassin that, if he pops the gently caress off, can also feed his ADC.

I like.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
if they dead, they controlled