Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Hey, maybe Shane Black can direct Sherlock Holmes 3 if Guy Ritchie doesn't want to. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

kiimo posted:

And sometimes your name is Gore and you decide well this production isn't enough work for me I'm also going to cut all the Trailers and TV spots and color and mix them myself. What's that you have a bunch of :20 TV spots for Korea? Send them my way.

Inconvenient Truth 2 really was a mess

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I genuinely feel a little bad for CelticPredator about how dogshit that movie seems

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The MSJ posted:

I'm guessing that Deadpool movies have their own people making the posters and trailers, separate from the other Fox stuff?

Nope.

I mean, you do have the contributions of Ryan Reynolds though, which is significant.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Peccadillo posted:

I genuinely feel a little bad for CelticPredator about how dogshit that movie seems

I'm gonna wait and see. I've adored every Shane Black flick so far.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

kiimo posted:

And sometimes your name is Gore and you decide well this production isn't enough work for me I'm also going to cut all the Trailers and TV spots and color and mix them myself. What's that you have a bunch of :20 TV spots for Korea? Send them my way.

every single story i've ever heard about Gore Verbinski makes me appreciate him more, but also understand why maybe studios don't want him making their blockbusters.

but he was completely correct about wanting to make a high budget R-rated Bioshock and someone should get back to him about that

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Always wondered what a SciFi original Predator movie would look like. Turns out it looks real bad.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

I'm gonna wait and see. I've adored every Shane Black flick so far.

Yeah I'm struggling to imagine a Black movie that isn't at least watchable

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

This should've been made in spanish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxYcfoepEoY

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

I mean, you do have the contributions of Ryan Reynolds though, which is significant.

Hmm one wonders why Tim Miller didn't direct Deadpool 2 haha

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m spoiled by Narcos but yeah.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiAWS5QrgBE

The comments are exactly what you expect.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Javier Bardem owns, but does he own as much as Wagner Moura?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS_G8PpeRDA

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gotta beat Disney to the punch, I suppose.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDDeCOarFtU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Gotta beat Disney to the punch, I suppose.

Disney's got Lin-Manuel Miranda writing songs with Alan Menken, they're going to make all the money in the world (again).

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Timby posted:

Disney's got Lin-Manuel Miranda writing songs with Alan Menken, they're going to make all the money in the world (again).

I didn't realise they had their own remake coming out but I shouldn't be surprised. I presume that'll be in 2021? I know Lion King is next year and Aladdin is the year after. There's a Mulan remake in there somewhere too, isn't there?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I didn't realise they had their own remake coming out but I shouldn't be surprised. I presume that'll be in 2021? I know Lion King is next year and Aladdin is the year after. There's a Mulan remake in there somewhere too, isn't there?

Yeah, Mulan starts shooting soon, and they've also got Dumbo coming next year, Snow White, Alice in Wonderland and Sword in the Stone are being worked on, Emma Stone's starring in a Cruella de Vil origin story movie, I think they're redoing Peter Pan ... after Beauty and the Beast made a hojillion dollars, they're doing pretty much every animated classic they have in live-action.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, of course, Dumbo's the one Tim Burton is doing. Not sure how I feel about that.

As for Cruella DeVil, I'd kind of like them to get Glenn Close back for that somehow. I saw that live-action Dalmatians movie in the cinema twice when I was little and she remains the highlight.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Timby posted:

Yeah, Mulan starts shooting soon, and they've also got Dumbo coming next year, Snow White, Alice in Wonderland and Sword in the Stone are being worked on, Emma Stone's starring in a Cruella de Vil origin story movie, I think they're redoing Peter Pan ... after Beauty and the Beast made a hojillion dollars, they're doing pretty much every animated classic they have in live-action.

I hope if we are getting more Alice In Wonderland, i hope it's like Through the Looking Glass and not the first film. and ditch Johnny Depp because ick.

TheBigBudgetSequel fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 13, 2018

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I hope if we are getting more Alice In Wonderland, i hope it's like Through the Looking Glass and not the first film. and ditch Johnny Depp because ick.

I believe those weren't actually by Disney, and the first one making a billion dollars is apparently what prompted Disney to go, "Oh, poo poo, we're sitting on a goldmine here."

Obviously Alice in Wonderland - the story by Lewis Carroll - doesn't belong to Disney, but I think it's a Hook situation where it wasn't a Disney thing but was clearly assuming familiarity with the Disney movie rather than the novel.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I believe those weren't actually by Disney, and the first one making a billion dollars is apparently what prompted Disney to go, "Oh, poo poo, we're sitting on a goldmine here."

Obviously Alice in Wonderland - the story by Lewis Carroll - doesn't belong to Disney, but I think it's a Hook situation where it wasn't a Disney thing but was clearly assuming familiarity with the Disney movie rather than the novel.

No, it was Disney (it was actually the movie that made them start developing Maleficent and Cinderella).

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

This man is insane and I love him.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

the sangria :woop:

THE SANGRIA :getin:

THE CHILD :stonk:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

GrandpaPants posted:

So, what's the movie really about that has a lot of youtube boys angry? and :lol: at the person saying the comments in the trailer look scripted.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is the story of the people who orchestrated a plan to buy one of Britain's largest companies for the Malaysian government within 4 hours in 1981.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwbc41mzQJE

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

If nothing else, that's a good trailer. I like how it seems silly and gets creepy.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

GrandpaPants posted:

So, is it a remake of I will spit on your graves?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

So, who's going to be the victim of sexual violence this time?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Jedit posted:

So, who's going to be the victim of sexual violence this time?

Seriously looks like a pseudo sequel to Irreversible

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The MSJ posted:

This is the story of the people who orchestrated a plan to buy one of Britain's largest companies for the Malaysian government within 4 hours in 1981.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwbc41mzQJE

this looks fun

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Lars is back on his bullshit (:nws:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYF2tfdD1fA A24, too

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

New Lars and new Gaspar makes me very happy!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Hahah this is such a great trailer concept:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FuDnAbDbrY

Well done, Neon.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

feedmyleg posted:

Hahah this is such a great trailer concept:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FuDnAbDbrY

Well done, Neon.

:lol:

This is great. gently caress toxic men pieces of trash.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’ve been hearing it isn’t very good, but that was only from one thread from a couple people. Anyone see it yet? It looks pretty and colorful.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

This trend where seeing movies about scantily-clad models killing people is feminist is pretty convenient.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Sir Kodiak posted:

This trend where seeing movies about scantily-clad models killing people is feminist is pretty convenient.

I Spit On Your Grave is feminist empowerment! *gag*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sir Kodiak posted:

Surface level solidarity to sell spectacle; lotsa retreads of I Spit on Your Grave era exploitation.

ruddiger posted:

New Lars and new Gaspar makes me very happy!

:emptyquote: