Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Skyridge posted:

The butler guy from the Kunshira story event a few months ago.

weird I feel like I'm looking at his sprite for the first time ever. Maybe I was busy during that event or something. Anyway, I don't have that dude so I guess O can't be optimal Fry Friend until I get one (??)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Policenaut posted:

Hey so I've been playing this pretty casually between console games and such, should I be doing all these side quests or is it fine to just blow past them and continue on the campaign?

Don't blow past the side quests. There are good rewards from some of them, and after there is a trophy for having done 70 of them worth 500 Lapis.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8isc83/lila_dw_wability_clarification/

Kind of eye opening. For Lila, don’t use W-ability to dualcast the same skill twice, it’s wasting mana. But only if you have a dual wield build going.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

So Sephiroth's octoslash damage is massively back loaded. The last hit is something like 10x the damage of the previous hits. It perfect chains with dual wield - so its a self finisher.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Acelerion posted:

So Sephiroth's octoslash damage is massively back loaded. The last hit is something like 10x the damage of the previous hits. It perfect chains with dual wield - so its a self finisher.

It also perfect chains with Prompto's Circular Saw, so surprise! Prompto can actually be useful!

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I was impressed with a Sephiroth LB damage

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
how is 7* CG fina? pulled a second one on the step up banner

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

When people in here are doing a lap of the step up and getting all these rainbows, are you talking the 25,000 lapis all the way through 5 steps lap? :psyboom:

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

WebDO posted:

When people in here are doing a lap of the step up and getting all these rainbows, are you talking the 25,000 lapis all the way through 5 steps lap? :psyboom:

Yes.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

WebDO posted:

Yes. Most of us have been methodically saving all Lapis for this day after it was revealed in JP over eight months ago. These are only going to come around once every 2-3 months or so. Hoard tickets for non step up banners.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
With my Fryevia and all the friend Sephiroths floating around, farming LGD is a breeze this time. I just did six runs and earned 90K coins. :woop:

I might be done farming this one by the end of the weekend. Not having to save up for a 120K sword really helps.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So, I was thinking. I've got two Orlandeu, a Fryevia, a Sephiroth, and an couple Agriasii.

The Twolandeu strategy has served me well for a while, and I'm enjoying Orlandeu/Fryevia, but maybe it would be better to to go Sephiroth/Fryevia, in terms of Best Gear?

My current TMR team is working on Werei, 3 21Os, and about to finish a Tidus.

I still don't have any Champion's Belt ground out, but I do have Aigaion's Fist and Martial Arts Mastery. I don't have the recent good elemental katanas yet either. My first Orlandeu sits at nearly 1100 ATK.

Is it worth it, you think, to gear Sephiroth with my 2 Orlandeu's best stuff?

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Since he's such a versatile chainer, that seems to make sense to me, especially as a friend unit.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

So, I was thinking. I've got two Orlandeu, a Fryevia, a Sephiroth, and an couple Agriasii.

If you have a Rikku Pouch for Chaos Grenade (which isn't an amazing full break but good enough for 99% of content) you could go with Sephiroth unless your Orlandu is heavily enhanced. I wouldn't give Agrias a second thought since you have 4 better units already.

If you have the ice katana you can have Sephiroth chain with Fryevia, though the ideal setup would be for Sephiroth to use a Fryevia Needle + Masamune but you'd need 3 Frys to not gimp your own Fry in the process. Sephiroth's versatility would make him a better friend unit than Orlandu and Fryevia but Fryevia's real strong and good as a friend unit too.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So Olive can spark chain with Sephiroth’s Octoslash when equipped with a pod. For some glitched reason she doesn’t move when using it.

https://m.imgur.com/a/PoUvU8r

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
what were the next events after sephy?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Shoenin posted:

what were the next events after sephy?

Nichol, Star Ocean, Reagan, supertank rain, 7*.

We’re not very likely to get the CGs out of order and we’re still a bit behind. I expect CG Lid next week but Nichol may not be for another month based on their pattern thus far.

We’re missing ff4, Gabranth, the mage EX unit and a few collabs. So I would assume Lid followed by some combination of ff4, ff12 redo, ex unit banner, non-jrpg collab that was announced then finally the triple CG run into 7*.

We’re also short 3 chamber of arms fights, 2 trials, Intangir redo and 4 upgraded espers.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 13, 2018

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007
Blew my lapis on the step up banner and ended up with lots of hot garbage but also got:

Mim x9
Shylt x7
Marie #4
Lila #1 + 2

Argh that last round of the step up had two rainbows.. I was really hoping to get a Seph instead of a second Lila, but I guess I can start doing all the trials I have skipped until now? Can't wait for 7* to come out so I can finally put Loren to good use!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Sephiroth has 160 + 34 ATK, Orlandeau has 155+ 34 ATK.

Sephiroth has +30% ATK (Legendary SOLDIER,) +50% ATK (Katana Mastery,) and +150 % ATK (IF The Chosen procs) for +80% ATK (230% if The Choseb procs.)

Orlandeau has +30% ATK, +80% ATK (from upgraded Black Lion's Crest and wielding two of the three weapon types Orlandeu can naturally equip) for a total of +110% ATK.

My best chaining equipment is Brave Suit (15%,) Fury Ring (30%,) Katana Mastery (50%,) Large Sword Mastery (50%,) and Adventurer V (40%) for a total of +185% ATK.

That puts Sephiroth at +265% ATK and Orlandeau at +295% ATK, and I've got Beatriz's Eyepatch (+15% ATK) in reserve.

I have one mini ATK pot on Sephiroth yet. With Ifrit at 3*45, and this gear, he's at 949 ATK.

It doesn't seem to me like Sephiroth will have a higher ATK than Orlandeu for a while. Am I mathing this wrobg?

Still keeping Sephiroth as my friend unit.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Sephiroth has 160 + 34 ATK, Orlandeau has 155+ 34 ATK.

Sephiroth has +30% ATK (Legendary SOLDIER,) +50% ATK (Katana Mastery,) and +150 % ATK (IF The Chosen procs) for +80% ATK (230% if The Choseb procs.)

Orlandeau has +30% ATK, +80% ATK (from upgraded Black Lion's Crest and wielding two of the three weapon types Orlandeu can naturally equip) for a total of +110% ATK.

My best chaining equipment is Brave Suit (15%,) Fury Ring (30%,) Katana Mastery (50%,) Large Sword Mastery (50%,) and Adventurer V (40%) for a total of +185% ATK.

That puts Sephiroth at +265% ATK and Orlandeau at +295% ATK, and I've got Beatriz's Eyepatch (+15% ATK) in reserve.

I have one mini ATK pot on Sephiroth yet. With Ifrit at 3*45, and this gear, he's at 949 ATK.

It doesn't seem to me like Sephiroth will have a higher ATK than Orlandeu for a while. Am I mathing this wrobg?

Still keeping Sephiroth as my friend unit.

Orlandu is stronger, Sephiroth just also can chain with other people. (and technically has a better imperil)

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Do you really think we'll get the Star Ocean banner? I unironically love the series (well, 2 and 3 at least), but are any of the units good? And what are the chances of a global exclusive Ashton?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I hope they dont do the SO event till we have 7* available because we are like a month or two away from 7* but knowing gumi they probably will release it at 6* because they dont want to step on alims heels in case they do a rerun even though DIFFERENT GAMES. None of the units are noteworthy at 6* except maybe Rena for her hybrid healer puncher role.

I had a 4* ex ticket stored up and it spit out a Basch so now I dont need to gacha for awakened rain. Feels good.

Also mothers day exploitation banner is pretty good

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Skyridge posted:

Do you really think we'll get the Star Ocean banner? I unironically love the series (well, 2 and 3 at least), but are any of the units good? And what are the chances of a global exclusive Ashton?

Probably not. There's not any particular reason for us to get it. It's just vaguely possible. Bravely Default was in there too, so maybe that'll come up (again, doubt it). There was also the SD3 banner in that time but that game never got released here. But, frankly, who knows what's going to happen. It's going to be kind of weird if they release all the unreleased fights after 7* because they'll basically be a speed bump. So, honestly, I don't really know what to expect. They can't delay 7* very far without being transparent about it just because they have so few new banners to do.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 13, 2018

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Managed to snag a Sephiroth, so that's exciting. Not entirely sure what to do with him, though. I have some moogles, but I don't know if I should grab a Buster Style first or if I should go for the Masamune. I usually use OK and Reberta as the core of my chaining, with Ace debuffing whatever element I want to use on that. I assume that changes somewhat if I want to use Sephiroth? I don't have a VoD or a Moonblade, which lessens my options for Dark chaining.

I suppose I could throw my Hoemaru on him with Buster Style and Doublehand and use Rain's sword on OK and do fire chaining like I already was?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 13, 2018

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Echophonic posted:

Managed to snag a Sephiroth, so that's exciting. Not entirely sure what to do with him, though. I have some moogles, but I don't know if I should grab a Buster Style first or if I should go for the Masamune. I usually use OK and Reberta as the core of my chaining, with Ace debuffing whatever element I want to use on that. I assume that changes somewhat if I want to use Sephiroth? I don't have a VoD or a Moonblade, which lessens my options for Dark chaining.

I suppose I could throw my Hoemaru on him with Buster Style and Doublehand and use Rain's sword on OK and do fire chaining like I already was?

If you're using Sephiroth as a chainer, go dual-wield. Most likely elemental katana + Aigalon Fist, or Masamune + elemental greatsword.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Dana Crysalis posted:

If you're using Sephiroth as a chainer, go dual-wield. Most likely elemental katana + Aigalon Fist, or Masamune + elemental greatsword.

That's probably the way to go. I just went for the Masamune and went Hoemaru/Onion Sword with Katana Mastery on OK and Masamune/Crimson Saber on Sephiroth with Large Sword Mastery.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Echophonic posted:

That's probably the way to go. I just went for the Masamune and went Hoemaru/Onion Sword with Katana Mastery on OK and Masamune/Crimson Saber on Sephiroth with Large Sword Mastery.

That'd be fine to chain, but you don't have a couple of Excaliburs or other holy/dark swords to go around? Sephiroth does imperil light/dark so it'd be an increase in damage if you can pull in some of those elemental weapons.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
He said he runs Ace, so he’ll be hard pressed to find an imperil stronger than that. If you need to sub out Ace for more tanking/support on a fight, I would agree.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

DR frames are fantastic but hopefully Fry gets another chain move with her 7*, one that isn't weighed down by having a strong imperil attached to it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

arisu posted:

That'd be fine to chain, but you don't have a couple of Excaliburs or other holy/dark swords to go around? Sephiroth does imperil light/dark so it'd be an increase in damage if you can pull in some of those elemental weapons.

I just have an Excalibur and a few random lower-ATK light weapons that'd probably do the job and I don't think I have much in the way of dark. I switched to Fire from Wind once I pulled Ace and got him fully ability awakened.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

DR frames are fantastic but hopefully Fry gets another chain move with her 7*, one that isn't weighed down by having a strong imperil attached to it.

It’s hard to imagine them fixing her to be anything but frost. Her TMR is frost element so even if they made her have a move that inherits elements from her weapon she’d have to do some serious downgrading just to hit another element. I get the feeling she’s just going to be ice queen and go to plan b if they resist ice. Unless they give her the kunshira treatment for 7* and just give her several elements to chain with.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

for the first time in ages, had a blue that turned into a gold that turned into a rainbow on daily

pictured: me running to the unit screen to unlock a moogle for its fated day.

Also , special mention to gumi being on point and releasing Sephiroth on mother's day weekend.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011

Tengames posted:

Also , special mention to gumi being on point and releasing Sephiroth on mother's day weekend.

:aaaaa:

edit for content: You know what I think would be kind of neat? Being able to choose the sprite displayed for a unit. This occurred to me when I was setting up a dupe Wilhelm to TMR farm and realized I like his 5* sprite better than his 6* sprite. It would be nice to run a team without them all looking like they've gone super saiyan.

werdnam fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 13, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Happy Mother’s Day! Not to late to get the perfect gift!

https://www.etsy.com/hk-en/listing/248995012/ff7-final-fantasy-iiv-jenova-art-blanket
(probably nws for Jenova nipple-less boobs)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ugato posted:

It’s hard to imagine them fixing her to be anything but frost. Her TMR is frost element so even if they made her have a move that inherits elements from her weapon she’d have to do some serious downgrading just to hit another element. I get the feeling she’s just going to be ice queen and go to plan b if they resist ice. Unless they give her the kunshira treatment for 7* and just give her several elements to chain with.

I dont mind the element being frost, just give her a different frame attack that has higher % rates but no imperil built in like what kurasame has.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:27 on May 14, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Hmm, daily was a rainbow Zargabarga#1. At least he has a new TMR...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I have 3 of him now and I'm really curious what they're gonna do for awakenings since it's almost been a year now, and even more so his 7*. He was really useful for a while.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

HGH posted:

I have 3 of him now and I'm really curious what they're gonna do for awakenings since it's almost been a year now, and even more so his 7*. He was really useful for a while.

Enhancing Archadian Light to anything less than 100% is a waste.

Ideally I'd like to see his Bastion skill pumped to Marie's 50% at least; although this doesn't make it that much more useful as enemies either seem to hammer a single element really hard or only split their damage between a few that you can still cover with individual skills.

Word of Law getting a damage increase seems possible, though not particularly useful as you can already spam his LB instead.

Speaking of his LB, tossing innate High Tide/auto limit on one of his passives would be cool. I'd also expect him to the get usual buff to [stats] on one of his passives that most people do.

I never really looked at the guy that closely since he came out, and while he's been power creeped, if Gumi cares to he could actually be a very good character again.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Daily rainbow!

Duke #2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character
I feel ripped off; the bonus mobs for 2 of my LGD runs were Golden Bombs instead of Yin and Yang.

• Locked thread