Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That doesn't mean it's not dumb to immediately run the match again with fewer stakes though.

At least attach a title shot for Brooklyn to it or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That doesn't mean it's not dumb to immediately run the match again with fewer stakes though.

I think the dumb part isn't booking the rematch, but putting Lars vs. Black as the title match instead of Gargano and Ciampa in a 3 way. But because you're doing the Lars match, you need another marquee match on the show to get people to watch. And Ciampa vs. Gargano 2 will do that since people liked it the first time.

I get running the 2nd one so quickly makes the 1st one seem less special. This Takeover will probably be a let down coming off the last one.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
They could have done any number of things to gotten them back to a rematch this quickly, from having Ciampa fake-quit after losing and costing Gargano a title shot, to having a mini tournament where they meet each other at the end.

The issue, as always with WWE, is giving no breathing room to let consequences even have a chance of happening.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or like having Ciampa put Johnny in the hospital.

Just spitballing here.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Aphrodite posted:

Or like having Ciampa put Johnny in the hospital.

Just spitballing here.
Having him derail him again for a couple weeks and then picking on Candace would have been a good continuation of the story. "You should have put me down when you had the chance, but even your wife is more of a man than you are"

wait is that what happened, I didn't pay close attention to the spoilers

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 14:16 on May 14, 2018

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

RealFoxy posted:

The issue, as always with WWE, is giving no breathing room to let consequences even have a chance of happening.

This is totally perhaps the biggest issue with WWE storytelling anymore. They have such a bloated roster that they should be doing this by default but instead it is rushing through matches like it is a race and making everything not matter.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Aparently Jinder's getting cheered at the London taping when fighting Roman.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Lol

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Aparently Jinder's getting cheered at the London taping when fighting Roman.

You think they'll have enough time to swap out the crowd noise?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
jinder owns and he's much more interesting than Roman

as long as they don't make him do any more racist promos

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

quote:

- Roman Reigns is out first, reportedly to the usual negative reaction. He calls out Jinder Mahal, and it’s General Manager Kurt Angle who answers. Angle is putting Mahal in a Triple Threat Money in the Bank qualifier with Bobby Lashley and Elias tonight. Roman wants in on that, but the GM says no. Reigns accepts that but says he’s gonna do what he needs to do and heads backstage to find The Modern Day Maharajah. They brawl backstage and the fans cheer Jinder. When they return to the arena, Reigns lands a Superman Punch and officials pull them apart.

- Seth Rollins def. Kevin Owens via pinfall following a Curb Stomp to retain the Intercontinental Title, in a match which is predictably described as excellent

- Nia Jax and Ronda Rousey’s Money in the Bank title match is announced in the arena

- Bobby Roode def. Baron Corbin and No Way Jose via pinfall (Glorious DDT on Jose) for a spot in the men’s Money in the Bank ladder match

- In a backstage segment, KO demands a rematch with Rollins from Angle. Kurt shoots him down.

- Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel are here, and they’re now known as “The B Team” (“B” seems to be short for “best”)

- The B Team def. Breezango via pinfall following a tandem neckbreaker to Fandango; British fans were into Dallas and Axel, chanted The A Team theme song thoughout the match

- Sasha Banks, Natalya and Ember Moon vs. The Riott Squad

Uhhh did I miss something? Why is Ronda suddenly in a title match?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

If fans cheering Jinder is what will finally sink the Roman boat I will forgive Jinder for everything he's been involved in for the last year, up to and including Jindertitty

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

Uhhh did I miss something? Why is Ronda suddenly in a title match?

When it was first announced it seemed like "Nia got to pick her opponent, wanted Ronda who was conveniently already booked for the event"

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 14, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm glad to hear London isn't hindering Jinder.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Strowman and Balor vs. McIntyre and Ziggler

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Raw sounds very bad tonight. What a surprise!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alexa pinned Bayley, qualifies for MITB

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I honestly expected a you both suck chant. I clearly underestimated how done people are with Roman.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Sami said he found Lashley’s sisters on Facebook and he’s gonna bring them to Raw next week

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Nia vs Ronda is going to suuuuuuuuuuuuck.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Am I the only one who actually finds this funny? Like legitimately?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/996132048925609985

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Alexa pinned Bayley, qualifies for MITB

lol

........but what if Alexa can't reach the briefcase?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gonna laugh so hard when the sisters are diamond and silk

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

You'd think with Sami's recent retweets they'd pretend he doesn't use social media at all. I know it's facebook but still.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm too worried that next week they're going to bring out two muscly black guys in drag.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They are just never going to give Balor two weeks of positive momentum in a row, are they.

Also, is this really what they brought Lashley in to do? Holy poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

gently caress NOOOOOO

I hate Ziggler more than Roman at this point. loving worthless.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Maybe the plan was for JINDER to get cheered all along! :aaaaa:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
At this point Stephanie would probably get cheered over Roman.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Remember the Bayley "This is your life" segment?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/996134731015221249

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Finn retire bitch

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

god i love taped Raws so much, the spoilers are always hilarious

Always skippable, but always hilarious

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/996137350777442309
https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/996137464535412737

Owens wins the main and qualifies for MITB

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This Raw sounds bad. Better watch the NBA instead.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

This Raw sounds bad. Better watch CMLL instead.

ftfy

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

D.N. Nation posted:

lol

........but what if Alexa can't reach the briefcase?

That joke spot is probably like 90% of the reason to put her in a ladder match.

(The other 10% is she seems to be okay with jumping off high stuff and is easy to catch.)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gumball Gumption posted:

Remember the Bayley "This is your life" segment?

I should say it'd CONCEPTUALLY be funny, not actually funny in WWE's hands.

Also Owens winning is cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also just lmao that the only conceivable defense for Jinder at this point is that he's effective as a heel because everybody hates him and then he goes and gets cheered against Roman.