Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

Aren’t their battery packs COTS cells wrapped together?

I think they’re just 18650 batteries. The cells themselves probably represent a tiny fraction of the complexity of the power system.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The white House and EPA suppressed a study by HHS showing that certain chemicals found in drinking water are lethal at far lower levels than previously thought.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/14/emails-white-house-interfered-with-science-study-536950

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

^^^THAT'S THREE PAGES IN A ROW POST A DOG YOU DUMMIES

Old and busted: wearing diapers to own the libs
New hotness: getting waterboarded to own the libs

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/IDFSpokesperson/status/996081181539127297

This isn't Hamas propaganda, but the actual images the IDF chooses to publish.

Beware of protesters throwing back teargas canisters, doing gymnastics, and catching themselves on fire, I guess?

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

^^^THAT'S THREE PAGES IN A ROW POST A DOG YOU DUMMIES

Old and busted: wearing diapers to own the libs
New hotness: getting waterboarded to own the libs

I'm so glad he got the poo poo beat out of him by an fat Mexican Millennial in front of a crowd of Canadians.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/NTarnopolsky/status/996112936249765889

this is cool

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Also slightly confusing.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
It turns out that Palestinian children are no angels

https://twitter.com/IDFSpokesperson/status/996051651399208960

These videos would be sent back for being too overly ridiculous in a B-movie about a dystopia

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's like Elysium made videos about the poor people stuck on Earth.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
I'm not religious, though sometimes I buy into the idea that Divine Retribution is a real thing that exists.

https://twitter.com/capitalweather/status/996153231976910849

Today is one of those times. Someone is mad at Washington today.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Oh poo poo gonna be a hell of a night. Poo.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have a tornado warning until 6:45

I have never had a tornado warning before.

But my building is huge and made of bricks and steel so my odds are pretty good.

It's currently cloudy outside with no rain.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I want this to not miss. But it will and we'll all wake up tomorrow and live through more Trump based bullshit.

Jumbo Jet-Size Asteroid 2010 WC9 Buzzes Earth Soon: See It Live Online Tonight
https://www.space.com/40576-asteroid-2010-wc9-flyby-slooh-webcast.html

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Tornadoes are dicks. Seems weird they'd be up your way.

Go to the ground floor and stand in the hallway. Stay away from windows and doors, try to get to an area with no glass. At the very least, a closet works, but it should be the most interior closet or shitter, no shared wall with the exterior.

Tornadoes often hit before rain or storm, in the south, it's usually the south east side of the front.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I want this to not miss. But it will and we'll all wake up tomorrow and live through more Trump based bullshit.

Jumbo Jet-Size Asteroid 2010 WC9 Buzzes Earth Soon: See It Live Online Tonight
https://www.space.com/40576-asteroid-2010-wc9-flyby-slooh-webcast.html

This happens in like, an hour.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Go to the ground floor and stand in the hallway. Stay away from windows and doors, try to get to an area with no glass. At the very least, a closet works, but it should be the most interior closet or shitter, no shared wall with the exterior.

Tornadoes often hit before rain or storm, in the south, it's usually the south east side of the front.

i'm not doing any of those things

i'm watching my stories

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
yeah I wouldn't much worry about it. probably been through like a thousand loving watches and warnings, and a few real tornadoes and its like whatever man its a force of nature if a loving F5 drops into DC there isn't much you can do about it unless you want to curl up in a bathtub all day

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I hate our stupid weather

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Soulex posted:

This happens in like, an hour.

Yeah, I'm trying to find a way to watch it on my tv.

I don't do poo poo for tornadoes either, but that's what you're supposed to do. I was also the dumbass that was always outside with a camera during lightning storms.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

mods change my name posted:

unless you want to curl up in a bathtub all day

Close enough here:

https://twitter.com/arthurbrooks/status/996156085529665536

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Oh that has to suck balls. I can imagine the smell.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

DC area has been a regular member of tonado alley since the 90s. My hometown in central MD got 1-2 per year. No F5s, but F2-F3s were common enough and usually destroyed a few houses or barns.

e: I made it out of BWI about 20 minutes before that bullshit started. Another reason Dulles can kiss my rear end.

psydude fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 14, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I said this about a hurricane taking out Maralago last summer and He failed to come through on it, but if a tornado touches down on the White House lawn I will take it as positive proof that God exists.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Lol at loving Turkey protesting actions by Israel

Turkey: What Kurds?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
god is real and he voted trump

edit:

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 15, 2018

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Bored As gently caress posted:

Lol at loving Turkey protesting actions by Israel

Turkey: What Kurds?

What Armenians?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Niton posted:

I'm not religious, though sometimes I buy into the idea that Divine Retribution is a real thing that exists.

https://twitter.com/capitalweather/status/996153231976910849

Today is one of those times. Someone is mad at Washington today.

I wonder if Virginia's governor will give a poo poo about severe weather impacting the more monied parts of the state, as we had a tornado last month that did some pretty solid damage and he was all oh well shrug gently caress 'em they're in the sticks and therefore not of any interest to me.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I’m all for republican voters boot-strapping their way out of natural disasters. Might teach them something.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Glad that you decided that coding classism in a political sheath gives you an excuse to lust for poor person death, since the signifiers in the post you replied to were "rural/poor don't matter as much as urban/rich"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I’m all for republican voters boot-strapping their way out of natural disasters. Might teach them something.

That they need more guns to keep the "urban ferals" away when they start looting while white people look for supplies?

I ask because by now anyone still proudly supporting MAGA is a pretty out and out personality cult worshipper not interested in learning anything anymore.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Professor Bling posted:

Glad that you decided that coding classism in a political sheath gives you an excuse to lust for poor person death, since the signifiers in the post you replied to were "rural/poor don't matter as much as urban/rich"

Shut the gently caress up with your high ground bullshit. That isn't what he was getting at.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Professor Bling posted:

No I propose FEMA go door to door and ask people who they voted for. Relief goes to people who voted correctly/didn’t vote.

e: also, lol

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Professor Bling posted:

Can't we just wish death on everyone and push the loving button already. I want Oprah to welcome home the apocalypse with a stage show broadcast worldwide. "Oklahoma, you get a bomb! Venezuela, you get a bomb! Pakistan and India, you already have some, but you too, each get a bomb!"

Let's make earth like a cheap hotel room that isn't worth watching decay slowly and just burn it now.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Can't we just wish death on everyone and push the loving button already. I want Oprah to welcome home the apocalypse with a stage show broadcast worldwide. "Oklahoma, you get a bomb! Venezuela, you get a bomb! Pakistan and India, you already have some, but you too, each get a bomb!"

Let's make earth like a cheap hotel room that isn't worth watching decay slowly and just burn it now.

thats pretty loving racist dude

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
To hate earth is to hate a lot of black people. But my favorite part is all the people from the north or the west who forget about black people.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Don't nuke indiscriminately. We share this planet with dogs and children <:mad:>

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://thinkprogress.org/white-house-chinese-financing-trump-project-violate-constitution-76456a21225a/

quote:

White House can’t explain how Chinese financing of Trump-linked project doesn’t violate Constitution

Deputy Press Secretary Raj Shah cannot explain how the Trump Organization’s involvement in a project in Indonesia partially financed by the Chinese government adheres to the Constitution’s emoluments clause and Trump’s personal promise not to pursue new foreign business deals while he’s president.

“The Trump Organization is involved in a project in Indonesia building hotels, golf courses, residences — it is getting up to $500 million in backing from the Chinese government,” Noah Bierman of the Los Angeles Times said during Monday’s press briefing. “Can you explain the administration’s position on A, how this doesn’t violate the emoluments clause; and B, how this wouldn’t violate the president’s own promise that his private organization would not be getting involved in new foreign deals while he was president?”

Shah didn’t even attempt to answer Bierman’s question. “I’ll have to refer you to the Trump Organization,” he said.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wasabi the J posted:

Shut the gently caress up with your high ground bullshit. That isn't what he was getting at.

lol yes the "high ground bullshit" of "y'all bad for calling for poor people to die because they checked the box y'all don't like"

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

It's fine, the constitution is more of a set of guidelines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

And absolutely nothing will be done about it.

• Locked thread