Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
You all are real jerks that think ill of those who vote for all minorities and non christians to die please think of their feelings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Fallom posted:

You want pick up? Ok, be there in 45 to 200 minutes.

Yup, when I lived in Madison, WI that was the experience pre-Uber. On top of that a ride would cost $20. Uber is an awful company but clearly they are addressing a market that wasn't being properly served in a lot of areas with cabs.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Professor Bling posted:

lol yes the "high ground bullshit" of "y'all bad for calling for poor people to die because they checked the box y'all don't like"

We’d just be giving them what they explicitly ask for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Caufman posted:

Don't nuke indiscriminately. We share this planet with dogs and children <:mad:>

I stand by my fantasy daydream.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

We’d just be giving them what they explicitly ask for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So what's the value floor for A Bad Voter to earn their life back?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Professor Bling posted:

So what's the value floor for A Bad Voter to earn their life back?

I'm a fan of "don't treat civil rights like it's a zero sum game" but that's me.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Vasudus posted:

I'm a fan of "don't treat civil rights like it's a zero sum game" but that's me.

:same:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I didn't bulldoze a bunch of people out of their homes and made that my backyard so I guess I can't really relate.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

For real though, fam, be sure to link your next NYT Op-Ed about economic anxiety 👌

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lots of rural poor ain't trump voters (or white) but hey, whatever fits the narrative

(and there's a difference between "the last 30 years have been poo poo and that's what Clinton promised so I'm voting Not That" and loving chuds but let's ignore that too I guess)

edit: trump's base was racist suburbanites so this "dumb hillbilly" poo poo is absolutely just a way for you to make making GBS threads on poor people acceptable

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

:gas:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Please stop discussing the merits of disenfranchisement.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Did you miss the part where I said Good Voters and People Who Didn’t Vote get FEMA aid?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Professor Bling posted:

Glad that you decided that coding classism in a political sheath gives you an excuse to lust for poor person death, since the signifiers in the post you replied to were "rural/poor don't matter as much as urban/rich"

Puerto Rico got it in the rear end and they didn’t vote DTrump. So it’s only fair don’t you think?

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LingcodKilla posted:

Puerto Rico got it in the rear end and they didn’t vote DTrump. So it’s only fair don’t you think?

No, because PR not already being back on its feet is *a goddamned national tragedy* and *needs to be taken care of immediately* just like the water situation in Flint, but they aren't Republican voters so this admin doesn't care

and goddamnit I may not be much but I can be goddamn sure I'm less petty than Trump

NSA WIZARD
Jan 20, 2016

gently caress

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Professor Bling posted:

lots of rural poor ain't trump voters (or white) but hey, whatever fits the narrative

(and there's a difference between "the last 30 years have been poo poo and that's what Clinton promised so I'm voting Not That" and loving chuds but let's ignore that too I guess)

edit: trump's base was racist suburbanites so this "dumb hillbilly" poo poo is absolutely just a way for you to make making GBS threads on poor people acceptable

Studies have shown that voting Trump had nothing to do with economic anxiety and everything to do with culture wars, racism, and sexism. In fact, Trump voters had, on average, a higher income than Clinton voters, even when controlling for rich Republicans.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

LingcodKilla posted:

Puerto Rico has been getting hosed in the rear end for decades, just not this publicly.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I vote we have an election thread where we talk about 2016 in 2018.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

psydude posted:

Studies have shown that voting Trump had nothing to do with economic anxiety and everything to do with culture wars, racism, and sexism. In fact, Trump voters had, on average, a higher income than Clinton voters, even when controlling for rich Republicans.

Oh hey it's what I said in the edit of my post

which is why making GBS threads on rural poor isn't some "lol trump voters" thing, it's a "gently caress the poor" thing disguised to be socially acceptable to urban liberals/Clinton voters

Caufman
May 7, 2007
]

psydude posted:

What have the studies shown about those who voted for Barack Obama but then voted for Donald? Shifting culture war allegiances?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Professor Bling posted:

Oh hey it's what I said in the edit of my post

which is why making GBS threads on rural poor isn't some "lol trump voters" thing, it's a "gently caress the poor" thing disguised to be socially acceptable to urban liberals/Clinton voters

You're assuming that the rural poor and culture warriors are mutually exclusive. My point was simply that economic anxiety had nothing to do with their support for Hair Furor.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Caufman posted:

]

What have the studies shown about those who voted for Barack Obama but then voted for Donald? Shifting culture war allegiances?

Phone double posting. In terms of scientific studies? I dunno, but a common refrain in anecdotal reporting suggest that rural whites are confused as to why black people are complaining, since we had a black president and that apparently fixed racism.

Also remember that Obama was the first time the government took a active pro-gay-marriage stance, which was a reversal from the message he ran on.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

NSA WIZARD posted:

gently caress

Is this about the Tornadoes or Jerusalem or something else

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

What a dishonest, scummy headline. It's a no loving comment, not an admission of anything.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Bored As gently caress posted:

Is this about the Tornadoes or Jerusalem or something else

Classified

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
in other news I think my state trying to keep my wife and I from absentee voting because the primaries are tomorrow and we never received our ballots~~~

my fault for not catching it sooner though.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

psydude posted:

You're assuming that the rural poor and culture warriors are mutually exclusive. My point was simply that economic anxiety had nothing to do with their support for Hair Furor.

I'm "assuming" that there's a Venn diagram where parts of the circles don't overlap, you gently caress.

Here, here's a dog and I'm going to walk it off because apparently it's bad to defend poor people if I can make fun of them instead

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/995455967792779264

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Imagine using “anti-war” as a pejorative

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Jacob Wohl is a chud just begging trump for a pardon. Nothing he says is newsworthy and his tweets belong in the garbage not here, imo.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

boop the snoot posted:

same and also "progressive"

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

My memory is hazy but isn't this the dipshit that's banned from commodities trading for life because he was not only loving awful at it, but did it without a license?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

boop the snoot posted:

and "genocide" as a verb.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Grover!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Iraq War was a success?

lol I mean not like it was ever in any doubt but this kid is stone loving stupid.

:laffo:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Handsome Ralph posted:

Iraq War was a success?

Well, compared to Vietnam...

We occupied it nearly entirely, captured and killed most of Saddams' people and Saddam, manipulated their politics to include our style of government, decimated their military, rebuilt their military, left and promptly returned when their military called and said they missed us and this Isis guy is a huge douche.

We committed atrocities, but be won the poo poo out of that war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

WTF

MO district attorney drops invasion of privacy case against gov. Eric Greitens, says she plans to refile but wants a special prosecutor appointed first.

http://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article211141514.html

• Locked thread