Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm interested in what soo-won's endgame is. He seems to know or is expecting something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I like watching Soo Won play the different tribes against each other. Keeps things interesting

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This was ok and honestly found it way better than Bokura no Hentai. I don't really like Bokura no Hentai.

Also good ending

e:

Rodyle posted:

Least Lili is around.

Lili should get a spinoff manga with her going on some sort of adventure with the battle Princess from that other country.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 12, 2018

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The Otome Villainess LN that's with Eliza instead of Bakarina is very very good so far even is the plot is very very slow.

I'm not sure yet if there's romance but there are some potential candidates for shipping and there was at least one chapter with a bunch of noblewoman mistaking her for a beautiful boy that she didn't notice.

I like it because it engages seriously the topic of a young girl trying to manage a CK2 style demense while navigating political intrigue and border warfare and scratches the same itch A Song of Ice and Fire does. Except we only have one character so the plot is much more stable.

It's the one where the girl reincarnates as the evil villainess in a otome game and immediately wipes the board clean to avoid her bad end by murdering her entire family.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the title my dude, the TITLE

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Rodyle posted:

the title my dude, the TITLE

Akuyaku Tensei Dakedo Doushite Kou Natta.

My apologies, I thought I was in some other thread where they just post images to interesting content without posting the title. ;)

Omega Harem Translations is pretty good until they randomly stopped, took up by Asian hobbyist (some patreon thing) at about 207 onwards.

Another thing I like, is I haven't read Forgotten Realms/Dragonlance/Drizzt in a long while, but the fight scenes that do happen feel very much like D&D encounters/early Dragonlance.

edit: The comments in Omega Harem are a bit of a treat as they come off as being from people for who English isn't their first language and generally not creepy, I'm kinda impressed at how much female isekai mc has quite the fervant fanbase.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 12, 2018

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Snooze Cruise posted:

This was ok and honestly found it way better than Bokura no Hentai. I don't really like Bokura no Hentai.

What would you say Himegoto has over Bokura no Hentai? I'm really curious since I've read both and I'm not entirely sure if I like one over the other.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
In this chapter, Saya tries to get her boyfriend to kiss her:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
In this week's Kaguya, the mind games are taken to a new level!

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/kaguya-wants-to-be-confessed-to/en/0/107/page/1

And kudos to Jaimini's Box, for whom this must've been an absolute nightmare to translate.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

It's such a good chapter.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Waci posted:

oh my god page 10

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
oh my god

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I am already filled with so much dread for the next chapter.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Waci posted:

Which one is this one again.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Raenir Salazar posted:

Kaguya wants to be confessed to.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Raenir Salazar posted:

The post directly before what you quoted and which the quoted post was in response to has a link...

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Every Fujiwara/Shirogane chapter is an absolute gold mine.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
I picked up the 2nd volume of Kaguya in english and it had the chapter with Fujiwara rapping through the word game. I can't believe it made a return, yo.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Other than an extra, Bambi to Dhole is done now. It was a good story :unsmith:

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Waci posted:

This chapter is solid gold

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 13, 2018

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I have to be honest, the latest Kaguya chapters really aren't doing anything for me. I think Akasaka has run out of ideas, he keeps doing the same poo poo over and over again, and it's not even funny. This is one manga that really doesn't deserve a thread of its own.

BUT THAT WAS A LIE!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

In what can only be described as a end-game boss telegraphing their moves, Smile Style appears to have an exact formula that it's sticking to - and I'm gonna read it exactly because I'd like to see whether it avoids some of the more common themes in stories of its ilk that it seem to be referencing.

So far I've spotted references to half a dozen things like Nichijou, Hidamari Sketch, Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o, K-ON, Yuru Yuri, Yuyushiki, and some others whose names don't immediately spring to mind..

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Compendium posted:

What would you say Himegoto has over Bokura no Hentai? I'm really curious since I've read both and I'm not entirely sure if I like one over the other.

Bokura no Hentai's characters just, weren't that interesting? I only end up liking the trans girl and the crossdressing guy who wasn't part of the main three. I mean one of the three leads just ends up kinda falling into the background after a while and never does anything interesting again. Himegoto is way more trashy, and the three were way more toxic to each other, but I found them way more interesting and likable as well.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

Bokura no Hentai's characters just, weren't that interesting? I only end up liking the trans girl and the crossdressing guy who wasn't part of the main three. I mean one of the three leads just ends up kinda falling into the background after a while and never does anything interesting again. Himegoto is way more trashy, and the three were way more toxic to each other, but I found them way more interesting and likable as well.

Hm. Seeing it expressed like this, I think I agree.
BnH was much more low-key, and I think that actually hurt it a little. Sometimes the characters themselves seemed very apathetic about their own problems, and that made the story feel flat sometimes. In contrast, Himegoto is p. loving ~*melodramatic*~ but it does feel more like the people in it are actually going through emotional struggles.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
I really liked Bokura no Hentai's trans character. Most of the trans stuff I've seen in manga has been, I dunno, more dignified? But BnH makes its characters more vulnerable and depicts their internal feelings in panels in ways that made me think "Oh, I've totally been there mentally."

I think I actually liked the three kids in Bokura no Hentai as people and was cheering for them, while Himegoto was purely like watching a trainwreck happening in slow motion.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Cephas posted:

I really liked Bokura no Hentai's trans character. Most of the trans stuff I've seen in manga has been, I dunno, more dignified? But BnH makes its characters more vulnerable and depicts their internal feelings in panels in ways that made me think "Oh, I've totally been there mentally."

I think I get what you mean, and its not really just a manga thing. When a trans character shows up in something, and is not treated as a joke, its tends to be the "struggles with prejudice" story about them holding their head up high despite it all.

Also I think another large part of this is the whole "trans = crazy" thing that has been prevalent in pop culture forever, so you see writers who want to treat their trans characters with respect make them like, extremely mentally healthy individuals, and never really get into how like messed up dysphoria and poo poo can make you feel. I mean even trans creators themselves seem to tend to shy away from more introverted works.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=136021

Art is cute and story is decent.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shouraiteki_ni_shindekure_ch09

Summer has come and that means heat and summer uniforms.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qByKEu0zdco

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I really like this Juukyuusai no Seifuku manga that people have been mentioning, though I feel like it exaggerates the whole "hosed up people being trashy" angle a bit too much. I wish there were more things that had characters that are kinda hosed up, but to a more normal and easy to relate to extent. The character in Bokura no Hentai who wasn't glasses guy or the trans girl kinda hit this balance, from what I can recall.

Zore posted:

Spider starts off okay for an isekai but gets real bad

My feelings are the complete opposite; I couldn't stand the "spider wandering through the dungeon and leveling up" parts, but found the stuff covering the greater setting and other characters fun/interesting in a general "YA fiction" sorta way.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 15, 2018

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Schubalts posted:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shouraiteki_ni_shindekure_ch09

Summer has come and that means heat and summer uniforms.

The art style really complements how completely crazy Shun is

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Forward thinking is very important.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bright_and_cheery_amnesia_ch21

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 15, 2018

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I'm really bored of the one joke in Amnesia at this point and I think it should mine new comedy by having them gently caress

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

I'm really bored of the one joke in Amnesia at this point and I think it should mine new comedy by having them gently caress

Lol nice av

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
thanks mysterious benefactor

this is a lot funnier than the t shirt edit

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

I'm hoping they move past it since she got her memory back, at least.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
gaaaah six months for the next chapter

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
if you think about it, that's almost 4 times the chapters most yaoi get

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

StandardVC10 posted:

The art style really complements how completely crazy Shun is

Yes, I too find the Laserdisc sized tongues unnerving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Someone mentioned the spider isekai thing so I decided to read it and imo it was worth it for this: