Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

call to action posted:

Does anyone actually blame Arab Muslims for being anti-Semitic

Being anti Israel and anti Zionist is not the same thing as being an anti semite. The vast majority of Muslims know the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/996148219808829441

Man, they can really get stuff done quick when they want to, huh?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Old gay punk song in scratchy video 

The male loves death
It excites him sexualy
Already dead inside
The male wants to die

To tear the road in jeeps/ undergo the integration
Smoking Noblesse/ work on my tan
gently caress fast/ always finish first
Throw her after two weeks/ pay the bill

Yes, I too want to be a hero of the Israeli 'Defence' Force
And I too would have a beautiful woman waiting for me in bed
And when I'm done taking care of business
She'll give me a handjob and she'll say
Ahhhhhh - you're amazing

To Find that loose girl/ to run and tell
Make lots of money/ drive as fast as possible
Knock up the secretary/ drink without a care
Always stink and never ever cry

Yes I too...

Become a high officer, kill all the enemies
And always be erect with no problems, no complications
If I could then I would be a farmer
But Meanwhile I am a violent and happy pig

Yes, I too want to be a hero of Israeli 'Defence'* Force
And I will a truncheon, too, I will have a truncheon
And when I'm done taking care of business
She'll give me a handjob and she'll say
Ahhhhhh - you're amazing

*Substituted with 'Israeli Assault Force' on the video

(My translation)

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 15, 2018

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

The Kingfish posted:

NPR dick-sucking interview live rn.

Is that the one where the NPR reporter whined that Gaza protesters were casting a shadow on the festivities?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
The White House is now placing all the blame on Hamas.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Not Operator posted:

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/996148219808829441

Man, they can really get stuff done quick when they want to, huh?
Not sure how you can claim to stand for justice while blocking independent inquires into...anything really. "We should found out exactly what happened here. Its important th- oh, its against Israel? Nevermind."

pro starcraft loser fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 15, 2018

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

pro starcraft loser posted:

Not sure how you can claim to stand for justice

i dont think anyone is claiming that seriously, anymore

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Being anti Israel and anti Zionist is not the same thing as being an anti semite. The vast majority of Muslims know the difference.

My feeling is that, for someone in the Palestinians' situation, it's wrong, but in a way that is a lot more understandable than either Israeli racism against Palestinians/Arabs or, say, white racism against black people in the US.

It's sorta like how black against white racism is technically wrong but completely understandable and ultimately irrelevant in the US. As far as Palestinians are concerned, the power dynamic isn't really any different; while Jewish people have faced persecution historically (and currently in non-Israel countries), that isn't really relevant to the lived experience of a Palestinian right now (and their relationship with their Israeli oppressors). I can't exactly bring myself to feel angry or indignant at a Palestinian who has antisemitic feelings as a result of their friend or family member being killed or maimed by the IDF, even if it's wrong (and those circumstances likely apply to a significant portion of Palestinians, particularly in Gaza).

edit: I want to clarify that I'm only referring specifically to Palestinians here, not all Muslims. Palestinians have more of an "excuse" because they're involved in a power dynamic where they're being oppressed by Israelis. Muslims elsewhere have less of an excuse for missing the bigger picture (in which Israel obviously isn't all Jews, and Israel's crimes aren't tied with its "Jewishness").

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 15, 2018

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
As I said 6 weeks ago, this is another horrific, embarrassing debacle. Gaza getting this far gone is sickening. We need to de-escalate the conflict in a constructive way.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Kim Jong Il posted:

As I said 6 weeks ago, this is another horrific, embarrassing debacle. Gaza getting this far gone is sickening. We need to de-escalate the conflict in a constructive way.

Mate a horrific embarrassing debacle is when you trip at your wedding and go head first into your mother in law's cleavage. This is a prelude to genocide being committed by Israel.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Kim Jong Il posted:

Israel needs a nuclear bomb dropped on it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
If you support israel you're a nazi. its pretty plain. i know its hard to understand because the original nazis hated jews, but israel has nothing to do with judaism and exists solely as a white supremacist genocidal imperialist state that has no right to exist, so its totally sensible. if you support israel you are a nazi. you are as much of a nazi as richard spencer, or trump, or several actual nazis from the original nazi party.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

Mate a horrific embarrassing debacle is when you trip at your wedding and go head first into your mother in law's cleavage. This is a prelude to genocide being committed by Israel.

No it isn't. We have a decade's worth of evidence against that. We have the past few weeks of decreasing protests until today. This is a crescendo before a steady drip of low grade misery.

Your Parents posted:

If you support israel you're a nazi. its pretty plain. i know its hard to understand because the original nazis hated jews, but israel has nothing to do with judaism and exists solely as a white supremacist genocidal imperialist state that has no right to exist, so its totally sensible. if you support israel you are a nazi. you are as much of a nazi as richard spencer, or trump, or several actual nazis from the original nazi party.

And this proves my point. Saying Israel are Nazis when they haven't actually killed millions, when their neighbors to the north have killed about 100x the civilians and get a pass from half of the left, crowds out fact-based criticism. And in fact, proposals to drop a nuclear bomb are a lot more Nazi-like than anything they've actually done.

And they're pretty much synonymous with Judaism. Read the Book of Joshua. There's not much of a distinction between the Torah and modern day Israel.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Kim Jong Il posted:

No it isn't. We have a decade's worth of evidence against that. We have the past few weeks of decreasing protests until today. This is a crescendo before a steady drip of low grade misery.

And this proves my point. Saying Israel are Nazis when they haven't actually killed millions, when their neighbors to the north have killed about 100x the civilians and get a pass from half of the left, crowds out fact-based criticism. And in fact, proposals to drop a nuclear bomb are a lot more Nazi-like than anything they've actually done.

And they're pretty much synonymous with Judaism. Read the Book of Joshua. There's not much of a distinction between the Torah and modern day Israel.

The idea that the left gives violent dictators a pass is such diseneguous bullshit.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

You're talking about prejudice. This is where a good definition of racism/antisemitism is extremely useful. Racism/antisemitism require institutional support. Black people can be prejudiced against whites, but cannot be racist against them.

So, racism and antisemitism are not excusable. Prejudice comes in a lot of forms and can be dealt with in different ways.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Kim Jong Il posted:

their neighbors to the north have killed about 100x the civilians

no they havent

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
nazis do love lying about mass death though so i cant blame you

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Your Parents posted:

no they havent

not to defend israel but israel's murder numbers are far lower than those of syria or lebanon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli%E2%80%93Palestinian_conflict#Fatalities_1948%E2%80%932011

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Your Parents posted:

no they havent

A 2016 estimate had 470k civilians in Syria dead, and surely it's gone way up since then. The majority of these are attributable to Assad. Certainly they're split on this, and I have respect for people who speak up for Syrian civilians even if I disagree with them elsewhere. Then you have the Robert Fisks of the world who apologize for Assad, or cowards like Glenn Greenwald who do but don't want to go out and explicitly say it. Do you know how many Palestinians Assad's thugs murdered in Yarmouk a few weeks ago?

poo poo can be loving awful on its own without resorting to hyperbole.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Celexi posted:

not to defend israel but israel's murder numbers are far lower than those of syria or lebanon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli%E2%80%93Palestinian_conflict#Fatalities_1948%E2%80%932011

not sure what syria and lebanon have to do with comparing israel and palestine's numbers. israel is not currently attempting to genocide the syrians or lebanese.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Your Parents posted:

not sure what syria and lebanon have to do with comparing israel and palestine's numbers. israel is not currently attempting to genocide the syrians or lebanese.

No but you see, Dictators do bad things therefore it's unfair to criticize apartheid.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

It's always amazing to see that, no matter where in the world you are, the bassist is always the biggest loving dork.

(Thank you for this, old gay punk is my life.)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nice

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Israeli public security minister Gilad Erdan said the number of Palestinians killed at Monday’s protest “doesn't indicate anything – just as the number of Nazis who died in the world war doesn't make Nazism something you can explain or understand.”

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
If only the Nazis in ww2 had the ability to call everyone who challenged them Nazis.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
These events are brought about directly by immoral greedy shitbags like KJI pretending they want a fair solution while looking the other way as Israeli abuses increase and increase.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Kim Jong Il posted:

That Eric Andre meme with WHY WOULD BDS DO THIS

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 06:12 on May 15, 2018

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

KJI, please go troll BYOB about strawberry jam or something, the adults are talking.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I mean a. people on the left are genuinely concerned and angry about Syria and b. Syria isn't busy pretending to be a first world democracy while it's engaging in the slaughter of civilians

haven't seen Ivanka hanging out in Damascus palling around with Assad much recently (although I wouldn't put it past her)

e:
https://twitter.com/IDFSpokesperson/status/996159982927339520

looks like the IDF are doing more bombing in Gaza. I guess if they can provoke someone into launching some rockets they can start another war?

Might be slightly better PR than repeatedly massacring civilians at protests

XMNN fucked around with this message at 07:35 on May 15, 2018

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

After The War posted:

It's always amazing to see that, no matter where in the world you are, the bassist is always the biggest loving dork.

(Thank you for this, old gay punk is my life.)

I'm glad that it got to you.
I'll translate another salient one soon, in the meantime have an english one on gays and holy wars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRApCgf2ZW8

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Ornedan posted:

Not the first Palestinian journalist the jews have sniped during the current Gaza demonstrations, either.

Don't conflate 'the jews' with Israel. Also don't use the term 'the jews'.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/ELINTNews/status/996326169422323712?s=19

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Does it show that? I'm not saying it's horseshit, it's probably the most likely explanation, but that video isn't proof of anything.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
This is the original source

https://twitter.com/HodaAH/status/996311316003508224?s=19
https://twitter.com/HodaAH/status/996303949044113408?s=19

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Yeah fine, but even according to the video that's not necessarily sniper fire, and we don't know who's doing it. Again, it probably is, but that video is crap for 'proof'. You'd be very hard pressed to have any sort of evidence of sniper fire on video though. Also these 'elite snipers' are 20 year olds who have had about a year of training at best, and maaaaaybe 6 months of that is with sniper rifles.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah, that video does not show what is purported in the description.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I've decided to volunteer to Betselem.
I have plenty of free time because I'm a depressive mess, and I have to do something anything before I loving explode.
More ideas are welcome, of course.

Doing something that matters, and volunteering for Betselem does, will make you less depressed. You made the right choice.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
At least today is the culmination of the planned protests so there should not be these kind of death tolls occurring again.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Flayer posted:

At least today is the culmination of the planned protests so there should not be these kind of death tolls occurring again.

Is that so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Flayer posted:

Except, y’know, today. Hoping it doesn’t break yesterday’s record.