Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Hamshot posted:

You must be great fun at parties.

All those parties where people talk about 90s British tabletop wargame art right?

You loving idiot. You bufoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Propitious Jerk posted:

I didn't know what "Blanchitsu style" was so I googled it and got a bunch of images of really bad-rear end models and some weird ones. I think this one falls somewhere in the middle?

Yo I love Kingdom Death: Monster

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

All those parties where people talk about 90s British tabletop wargame art right?

Well I dunno what parties YOU go to because

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

mango sentinel posted:

Not enough dicks.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

Wow rude.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

mango sentinel posted:

no set of 8 mondo titties and anime rear end eyes

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

fatherboxx posted:

no set of 8 mondo titties and anime rear end eyes

I'm not sure if this is anime-rear end eyes or anime rear end-eyes.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sorry, this rules

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

There are thousands of MLP marines but nobody has done a Star Command Chapter full of Buzz Lightyears?

I hate this hobby.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
You. Are. A. Jewel Like Object of Wonder!

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

AndyElusive posted:

There are thousands of MLP marines but nobody has done a Star Command Chapter full of Buzz Lightyears?

I hate this hobby.

Yeah it's never anything fun. I'd kill to see a Buzz Lightyear army, but no it's all "here's my army painted after a horse I'd gently caress" or "hey Hebrewmagic it's me your sister I had to play against the 13 year old with the Nazi Marines in a tourney again"

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

You know what's weird? I haven't seen any Warmahordes in here. In fact, I haven't met any nazis while playing that game, a few weirdos who took wargaming too seriously, but not nazis.

I hope this is the norm. Let it be the norm.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

DicktheCat posted:

You know what's weird? I haven't seen any Warmahordes in here. In fact, I haven't met any nazis while playing that game, a few weirdos who took wargaming too seriously, but not nazis.

The only warmahordes in here I've seen were warbeasts with dicks

Quest Jefferson
Mar 27, 2010

DicktheCat posted:

I know of one nazi Skorne player in Ohio, but he was at least shamed into painting over all the swastikas.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

DicktheCat posted:

I've met more nazis playing warhammer than playing actual WW2 games that feature actual nazis. Maybe it's harder for neo-nazis to wank over the German army being horribly outgunned in the defense of Berlin than over superhuman space gods?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

This is my favorite model I've seen in this thread. I actually love the way it's painted- the super highlighted typical 40k mini never looks right to me, unless it's done by a better than average painter. Even then, not my favorite. It honestly took me a minute to process that it was Buzz Lightyear.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Quest Jefferson posted:

I know of one nazi Skorne player in Ohio, but he was at least shamed into painting over all the swastikas.

Good for you Ohio, good for you.

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.

DicktheCat posted:

There was the one guy who painted Seige as a white guy with Confederate Battle Flag colors in place of the Cygnus. When the response was just "good control, but Seige is black, and Cygnus doesn't look like that," he never posted again. This was on the main boards, though.

I think it's more to do with the overall lack of conversion support by the meta; there's an incentive to not change the models much. Warmahordes rarely encouges forging the narrative. It'd be like a natzi Magic deck.

gently caress, that's not a thing, is it?

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

bulletsponge13 posted:

This is my favorite model I've seen in this thread. I actually love the way it's painted- the super highlighted typical 40k mini never looks right to me, unless it's done by a better than average painter. Even then, not my favorite. It honestly took me a minute to process that it was Buzz Lightyear.

Didn't even click with me that it was Buzz Lightyear, I just thought some clown painted it in a Biel Tan scheme

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

StErN posted:

From the warmachine thread, so I can't take credit for finding it. Painting isn't bad, but why sculpt this:

:nws: http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=75492 :nws:

From way back on Page 7. Link is dead now but some nerd sculpted a weird vj on their warcaster.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Zark the Damned posted:

From way back on Page 7. Link is dead now but some nerd sculpted a weird vj on their warcaster.

I had forgotten all about that when trying to remember horrors from warmahordes but instantly knew what you were talking about.

The insanity of him removing the lower armor and sculpting the vagina was magnified by the rest of the army being normal and just multiple pages of people seeming to completely overlook what he had done.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

did someone say warmahordes dickwolf?!?

Warboot posted:

Also here's a little NSFW something a guy in my old Warmahordes meta came up with

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

I saw this as well. Magnetized for when he plays with his kids.

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?

Cribbed shamelessly from a kitbash FB group that careens wildly between inspiration and hilarity. I think the big ones are Ad Mech Dunecrawlers, not as sure on the heads. Giant servo-skulls?

BONUS: Marvel at a WIP scratchbuild of another fellow’s Transcendent C’Tan. Sadly, he has yet to post the completed model.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

used ashtray for scale

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Grey Hunter posted:

As one myself I can honestly say some Star Wars fans are the worst.

He needed to mod truck nuts on his AT-ST but he also deems it too vulgar for children, so he magnetized them.

Then don't put truck nuts on your walker, you fuckin wierdo. Or if you do, explain to your kids they're nuts and like nothing to be offended by, because truck nuts are the epitomy of dumb juvenile red neck humor.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 18:15 on May 15, 2018

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cat Face Joe posted:

used ashtray for scale

Real Chat: I have an old 70's glass ash tray on my desk, it's great for holding small parts, I highly recommend getting one at a flea market or thrift store.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

AndyElusive posted:

As one myself I can honestly say some Star Wars fans are the worst.

He needed to mod truck nuts on his AT-ST but he also deems it too vulgar for children, so he magnetized them.

Then don't put truck nuts on your walker, you fuckin wierdo. Or if you do, explain to your kids they're nuts and like nothing to be offended by, because truck nuts are the epitomy of dumb juvenile red neck humor.

Wanna see a multi thousand dollar forgeworld Titan with lovingly crafted greenstuff nuts and General Lee paint job.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Len posted:

Wanna see a multi thousand dollar forgeworld Titan with lovingly crafted greenstuff nuts and General Lee paint job.

I kinda wanna see Dukes of Hazard marines now.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

did someone say warmahordes dickwolf?!?

Hahaha what the gently caress

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

Real Chat: I have an old 70's glass ash tray on my desk, it's great for holding small parts, I highly recommend getting one at a flea market or thrift store.

I use a mesh colander. Deep and nothing slides around in that thing.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Iron Crowned posted:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Just pretend these guys are in there:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Len posted:

Paging Hamshot.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AndyElusive posted:

Just pretend these guys are in there:

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

I'm the right guy's pauldrons.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

ro5s posted:

I'm the right guy's pauldrons.

No wonder we won

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Grey Hunter posted:

Why? That's the magical age where it's actually funny!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009