Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

How can I catch a good Landorus-T in Ultra Sun? It seems a little tricky to bring the right Synchronizer with you.

Can't you just faint the Synchronize mon and keep in the first slot to Synchronize natures but don't actually fight with him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
with synchronize and thunder wave alakazam is almost the perfect stooge for catching legendaries but yet it doesn't learn false swipe even though he has the spoons and honestly the whole situation is unacceptable

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 08:57 on May 15, 2018

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

I am Reverend posted:

with synchronize and thunder wave alakazam is almost the perfect stooge for catching legendaries but yet it doesn't learn false swipe even though he has the spoons and honestly the whole situation is unacceptable

Just be normal and use a master ball

Also please do more Gold Nuzlocke vids

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
but what if i really need it for something else

and yeah sure just as soon as i find a better video editing program than smoking weed and playing civ all day

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Emily Rogers is saying Pokemon Switch will be announced before month's end.

https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2018/05/15/random-thoughts-5-15-2018/

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
I caught all my wormhole legendaries with desirable natures by trading in the appropriate sync Abra once I got there. If that's a viable option for you.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/996392637732130817
Ok Leak is coming out now

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

While I can't believe anything yet, pretty much everything about this sounds like the most uninteresting, nostalgia-baiting, several-years-too-late idea ever.

I'm sure I'll end up utterly excited for it eventually because Pokemon but man, the leaks are not promising.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I would rather have had a proper next gen title to be honest but ok (though I'm sure one's coming eventually).

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
Yeah, I can't say I'm too thrilled with what's been leaked so far

(which, for the record, is this:)

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/996367282023649280

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Wow never have two sentences repelled me from a game so much.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I can’t wait for content to be gated behind a mobile game I stopped playing two years ago

But oh well, that’s the way things are going now. Pokémon Switch is gonna own tho, wonder if there will be a Johto opportunity because uh there’s not a ton to do in just Kanto

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i hope the man with the machop built that building finally

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Waterfall of Salt posted:

Yeah, I can't say I'm too thrilled with what's been leaked so far

(which, for the record, is this:)

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/996367282023649280

Not super exciting to me as things currently stand. :smith:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

oddium posted:

i hope the man with the machop built that building finally

That's where the Pokemon Go content is held hostage :v:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I'm going with Eevee version because I'm a sly fox

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

less laughter posted:

I'm going with Eevee version because I'm a sly fox

The Gay Oak Experience.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

That name doesn't come off like a mainline pokemon game at all, which I thought was what they're working on. Suppose it's possible they want to shake up the formula in a Breath of the Wild / Odyssey manner but right now that leak has me kinda ehhhh with the Go stuff.

It's been my personal speculation the switch games would go back to Kanto with the references to it in S&M - it sort of feels fitting for the transition to a new platform where I assume they might be trying to recapture old fans or bank on nostalgia. Plus I think we're now further away from Fire Red/Leaf Green then those were from Red/Blue? If the leak is true, I hope Kanto has changed a whole bunch and been expanded. Also, I do like the idea of being able to start with Eevee.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Oxyclean posted:

That name doesn't come off like a mainline pokemon game at all, which I thought was what they're working on. Suppose it's possible they want to shake up the formula in a Breath of the Wild / Odyssey manner but right now that leak has me kinda ehhhh with the Go stuff.

It's been my personal speculation the switch games would go back to Kanto with the references to it in S&M - it sort of feels fitting for the transition to a new platform where I assume they might be trying to recapture old fans or bank on nostalgia. Plus I think we're now further away from Fire Red/Leaf Green then those were from Red/Blue? If the leak is true, I hope Kanto has changed a whole bunch and been expanded. Also, I do like the idea of being able to start with Eevee.

We're almost twice as far out. 96-2004 vs 2004-2018

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah normally I wouldn't believe it but Red and Blue showed up in Sun/Moon and there are so many Kanto references. I thought they said the Switch Pokemon would be a new generation though?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It’ll be a new generation if it has new evos for Pikachu (Gorochu) and Eevee (Celesteon) as well as other new mons

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If there is a new Eeveelution what type do you think we're getting? Dragon finally?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Flying.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
normal

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'd totally love to see some old mons get new evolution. Wishlist item for me is for them to revisit and iron on some of the janks of weird evolution methods that were basically there as a "here's why you couldn't evolve this before."

RatHat posted:

Yeah normally I wouldn't believe it but Red and Blue showed up in Sun/Moon and there are so many Kanto references. I thought they said the Switch Pokemon would be a new generation though?

I don't really see why it can't be a new generation while using an old region. Just switching hardware is enough to necessitate a "new gen" and they probably just said "new gen" to be clear it wouldn't be Stars or a Sun/Moon port of some kind.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

If there is a new Eeveelution what type do you think we're getting? Dragon finally?

puncheon, the fighting eeveelution

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Far'fetched has been waiting for an evolution for like 25 years.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Straight White Shark posted:

puncheon, the fighting eeveelution

it’ll be called Bludgeon

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
A Kanto remake with Johto as postgame as a reverse of Gold/Silver would be really cool and would probably be the only thing to get me excited about it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i want a yellow remake and being able to choose eevee would be awesome, so im sure these leaks are fake

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Why are these ancient April Fools' images being associated with this lol

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

that ivy guy posted:

Why are these ancient April Fools' images being associated with this lol

Because there is an Eevee traveling along with the player character.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Zore posted:

Because its Therian forme has;

1) intimidate
2) 145 base attack/105 base Sp. Attack
3) 91 base speed
4) Decent bulk

It can basically slot in to any team, get a free stealth rock set up since it has such useful resistances and immunities to enable its switch in, has an absurd variety of viable sets it can run which don't share the same counters...

Its a swiss army knife that also hits like a loving truck and can force any physically oriented pokemon out. Basically Gyarados if it was faster, had a usable special attack, better stats all around, better movepool and better typing.

gently caress Lano-T. Its the worst goddamn pokemon in existence and I am so sick of it.

There was a period of three months or so when BW2 came out where the consensus on Smogon was that Lando-T sucked because his speed was lower than regular form's by ten points, and so using him was unorthodox and cool

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

A sequel to Yellow with following Pokemon and Eevee as a starter option would be pretty cool, especially with the current ride Pokemon instead of HM's.

But "catching Pokemon works like in Go" is the worst sentence I have heard today.

So, you don't bring your Pokemon out to battle, and you just huck balls at it until you catch it?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if they'll remove False Swipe if that's true. RIP Final Gambit Shedinja.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think they just meant the motion control stuff for throwing the pokeball rather than just pressing a button. It'll probably be optional anyway.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Nessa posted:

A sequel to Yellow with following Pokemon and Eevee as a starter option would be pretty cool, especially with the current ride Pokemon instead of HM's.

But "catching Pokemon works like in Go" is the worst sentence I have heard today.

So, you don't bring your Pokemon out to battle, and you just huck balls at it until you catch it?

like you don't open and close 90% of your wild battles with Quick Balls anyways :colbert:

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone who catches anything without a Luxury Ball is some sort of sexual deviant

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ok, a Yellow remake is a little better in that case. The title made it sound more like one of the spinoff games. It's kind of weird that they'd start things off with a Gen 1 remake instead of a new title or at least a Diamond/Pearl remake and I'm not sure how I feel about them adding in Pokemon Go mechanics but hopefully it'll be optional or at least not that intrusive. Cautiously looking forward to this overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Eox posted:

Anyone who catches anything without a Luxury Ball is some sort of sexual deviant

this is true strictly by coincidence tyvm