Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

I like the ork and the demon marine

Go home hixson yer drunk

Post your models

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Hixson posted:

Post your models

They're bad

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

They're bad

Being bad at everything is pretty much your brand though.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Being bad at everything is pretty much your brand though.

I cant be too bad since I have u as a fan (:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The hand joke has successfully been run into the ground, congrats.

It’s best to give Hixson poo poo for posting actual cool content. Dont reserve that instead for the people posting spreadsheet analysis of a game they’ve never played and their dryrbushed army of mould lines.

It’s a mystery why the warhammer hobby threads are so bad now.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Zeal post your models

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

TTerrible posted:

The hand joke has successfully been run into the ground, congrats.

Its best to give Hixson poo poo for posting actual cool content. Dont reserve that instead for the people posting spreadsheet analysis of a game theyve never played and their dryrbushed army of mould lines.

Its a mystery why the warhammer hobby threads are so bad now.

*old grognard in a thread kept alive by people who are trying to police another thread* I cant believe these threads are so bad now

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

*old grognard in a thread kept alive by people who are trying to police another thread* I cant believe these threads are so bad now

Good content

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Hixson posted:

Zeal post your models

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

kys

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

Hahaha unironically agreed

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hixson posted:

Zeal post your models

but of course

behold, a stalwart pewter biel-tan warlock, straight from third edition when i last (and first) painted models

note the unthinned paint, spots still showing white primer, entire lack of highlighting, and mostly dispersed flock

i also have a squad of striking scorpions from the same era in approximate Florida Gators colors

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
now your avatar makes sense

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

It's a community service. The current 40k thread is what the old 40k thread used to mock on Dakka and Warseer. You're a huge part of that problem.

https://twitter.com/somethingawful/status/996153179761987585

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

TTerrible posted:

It's a community service. The current 40k thread is what the old 40k thread used to mock on Dakka and Warseer. You're a huge part of that problem.

https://twitter.com/somethingawful/status/996153179761987585

Trying to figure out if you think lowtax is tweeting because of my avatar or if you think I'm in any way dismissive of palestine

also if the 40k thread back when 40k was unplayable made fun of people who cant afford to immediately buy an army and paint it in a day then that sounds pretty bad

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
You're like a dog dragging your rear end across threads I read. The only poster worse is Schadenboner. You both need to get Hollis Mason'd fast.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

Trying to figure out if you think lowtax is tweeting because of my avatar or if you think I'm in any way dismissive of palestine

also if the 40k thread back when 40k was unplayable made fun of people who cant afford to immediately buy an army and paint it in a day then that sounds pretty bad

You've been shitposting for months and months and have never posted a single finished model. The 12 year old at the game store has painted more than you. That's not being un able to buy and paint an army in a day, that's being a lazy moron.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
There is the guy saying anyone who doesn't spend 2-5hours a night and more on weekends painting models is "just lazy" and there are the people that post fifteen army lists a day, haven't played a single game and have painted three models in their lives.

The full gamut of idiots.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Booley posted:

You've been shitposting for months and months and have never posted a single finished model. The 12 year old at the game store has painted more than you. That's not being un able to buy and paint an army in a day, that's being a lazy moron.

I've got six LotD nearing completion (main models are painted, guns/hands glued on, backpacks being painted), two more lotd to go there before I need to pick up some more, two of the three inceptors painted (last one's torso & head are painted, working on the limbs & backpack), I'm just not a fan of posting WIP shots. I don't try to rush painting because I use it to help relieve my depression, and also because there's a gaggle of weirdos looking for any excuse to complain about me and derail threads in some bizarre attempt to scream me out of TG

how about instead of trying to space cop threads you dig up this post because it sounds amusingly horrible

https://twitter.com/thoedosius/status/996153897159938048

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

TTerrible posted:

There is the guy saying anyone who doesn't spend 2-5hours a night and more on weekends painting models is "just lazy" and there are the people that post fifteen army lists a day, haven't played a single game and have painted three models in their lives.

The full gamut of idiots.

I think you're misreading Thanqol pretty uncharitably but yeah there's an awful lot of 'I haven't played 40k in fifteen years, let me theorycraft the best list endlessly without considering abstract concepts like 'movement' or 'objectives'' right now.

I'm trying to post actual content but I'm one man against the darkness.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

I've got six LotD nearing completion (main models are painted, guns/hands glued on, backpacks being painted), two more lotd to go there before I need to pick up some more, two of the three inceptors painted (last one's torso & head are painted, working on the limbs & backpack), I'm just not a fan of posting WIP shots. I don't try to rush painting because I use it to help relieve my depression, and also because there's a gaggle of weirdos looking for any excuse to complain about me and derail threads in some bizarre attempt to scream me out of TG

how about instead of trying to space cop threads you dig up this post because it sounds amusingly horrible

https://twitter.com/thoedosius/status/996153897159938048

Just stop being loving terrible in every aspect of your posts dude holy poo poo. Do you ever wonder why people are looking at every possible angle to poo poo on you? It must be them, right.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Corrode posted:

I think you're misreading Thanqol pretty uncharitably but yeah there's an awful lot of 'I haven't played 40k in fifteen years, let me theorycraft the best list endlessly without considering abstract concepts like 'movement' or 'objectives'' right now.

I'm trying to post actual content but I'm one man against the darkness.

A few people have said that but I straight up read two posts in a row where the first one said "I've painted all this in the past six months, you're all lazy!" and then another that said "I paint 2-5 hours a night and more at weekends" I'm not sure how else to connect them man.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Booley posted:

Hey, now. I've got models that have gone unpainted for decades...

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Cessna posted:

Hey, now. I've got models that have gone unpainted for decades...

Sure, so do I. But I've also got finished models. I don't just endlessly post lists and theorycraft and never paint an entire model.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

TTerrible posted:

Just stop being loving terrible in every aspect of your posts dude holy poo poo. Do you ever wonder why people are looking at every possible angle to poo poo on you? It must be them, right.

well most of the actual 40k thread posters dont seem to be as incredibly bothered by my posts, it's usually just one 30k thread poster who idk, links the post in an irc so the rest can come and get their shitposts in

IDK why you even read the 40k thread when you've outright said ITT that you hate 8thed and you think their new stuff looks like "saturday morning cartoon crap"

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

TTerrible posted:

A few people have said that but I straight up read two posts in a row where the first one said "I've painted all this in the past six months, you're all lazy!" and then another that said "I paint 2-5 hours a night and more at weekends" I'm not sure how else to connect them man.

you could just not take it personally and live your life

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

I'm just not a fan of posting WIP shots. I don't try to rush painting because I use it to help relieve my depression, and also because there's a gaggle of weirdos looking for any excuse to complain about me and derail threads in some bizarre attempt to scream me out of TG

I can think of a way to both cure your depression and get the weirdos to talk about something besides how bad a poster you were.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

Idgaf what anyone thinks of me, I like arguing

Why's your rap sheet so long?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

TTerrible posted:

I just assume they have even the slightest bit of self awareness and realize that painting two to five hours a Day is being an outlier

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

well most of the actual 40k thread posters dont seem to be as incredibly bothered by my posts, it's usually just one 30k thread poster who idk, links the post in an irc so the rest can come and get their shitposts in

IDK why you even read the 40k thread when you've outright said ITT that you hate 8thed and you think their new stuff looks like "saturday morning cartoon crap"

I play 40k regularly and still think your posts are even worse than the normal garbage of the 40k thread.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Two Beans posted:

Why's your rap sheet so long?

Because I post a lot in forums with IK's, Fishmech spent 3 days chain probing me before he lost IK rights, was pretty funny.

Why are you so obsessed with that post, and why do you think rap sheets and red avs are indicators of poster quality?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

you could just not take it personally and live your life

The Something Awful forums: well known for letting people post dumb poo poo without getting told they are dumb.

I get mad about the 40k thread because it used to be the only sensible place to discuss hobby poo poo on a forum online. The rest of the web was Dakka/Warseer poo poo with people calling each other brother unironically and posting Dr Thunder tit marines to applause. It was an island of normal people and now look at it. :cripes:

We've had actual "so much for the tolerant left" posts and a multipage derail about how Titty Necrons are actually cool and good.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

TTerrible posted:

We've had actual "so much for the tolerant left" posts and a multipage derail about how Titty Necrons are actually cool and good.

There was one poster who made the former who was then laughed at by everyone else in the thread, and the latter was something 30k players actively derailed the thread to continue arguing about every other page

like, have you considered that this bitter griping over a game you liked changing is a major influence on the kind of posts that make you of dislike these threads

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

There was one poster who made the former who was then laughed at by everyone else in the thread, and the latter was something 30k players actively derailed the thread to continue arguing about every other page

Sure dude. It was us. It wasn't you endlessly defending necrons with tits. It was all us.

Do you notice how when you posted about how 30k worked and how you could put an army together we all replied normally? Do that more.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

TTerrible posted:

Sure dude. It was us. It wasn't you endlessly defending necrons with tits. It was all us.

Do you notice how when you posted about how 30k worked and how you could put an army together we all replied normally? Do that more.

I defended a single model that I thought wasn't bad, on the grounds that people were using excessive hyperbole, with the caveat that I wasn't particularly attached to said model and that I'd be fine with titless necron women if they were actually being made

this was enough for thread strangers to incidentally pop into the thread every 2 pages to act like they're owning conservatives on facebook

this current shitstorm literally happened because you were crying that a new poster was getting in on your stupid injoke, while making passive aggressive disses on the time I posted an unfinished model in the miniatures thread to get an opinion on color choices

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

This owns.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Lowtax, thank you for reading our thread. PLz move us back to GBS where we belong so we may be saved from ourselves

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Let the Galaxy Thread Burn!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

I defended a single model that I thought wasn't bad, on the grounds that people were using excessive hyperbole, with the caveat that I wasn't particularly attached to said model and that I'd be fine with titless necron women if they were actually being made

this was enough for thread strangers to incidentally pop into the thread every 2 pages to act like they're owning conservatives on facebook

this current shitstorm literally happened because you were crying that a new poster was getting in on your stupid injoke, while making passive aggressive disses on the time I posted an unfinished model in the miniatures thread to get an opinion on color choices

The current shitstorm happened because people getting in on the hands joke made me break my rule of "don't encourage Neurolimal in the 30k thread". Hixson posts really cool poo poo and either gets ignored or people that don't even really talk to him start posting about hands like its comedy gold. Its just loving tiresome when he is posting good poo poo and people who post constant waterfalls of poo poo are let slide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

Because I post a lot in forums with IK's, Fishmech spent 3 days chain probing me before he lost IK rights, was pretty funny.

Why are you so obsessed with that post, and why do you think rap sheets and red avs are indicators of poster quality?

What would you call someone that openly stated they don't care about public perception and enjoyed arguing with people?