Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Zoran posted:

There was a period of three months or so when BW2 came out where the consensus on Smogon was that Lando-T sucked because his speed was lower than regular form's by ten points, and so using him was unorthodox and cool

Wasn't that because Lando-I got Sheer Force and was killing poo poo left and right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kikas posted:

If it's Kanto again I am gonna be so pissed cause there's no place for Ice types to be in the wild, which means that Pokemon distribution will be absolute rear end.
I mean let's not kid ourselves with 807 of the lot it's gonna be hard to make an even Pokemon distributrion even in a completely new region, but with Kanto it's gonna be especially hard without some massive revamping.

"Massive revamping" = "Cerulean cave is open immediately and has ice types" or "There's a mountainy snowy area behind Bill's House" or even the SS variation of "Hey it's mount silver, there's snow on it"

there's a lot of off-the map area in Kanto that could be repurposed pretty easily, ime

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The Seafoam Islands or wherever you catch Articuno is the OG ice type area

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wonder if it'd have the Sevii isles from FireRed/LeafGreen.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Eox posted:

The Seafoam Islands or wherever you catch Articuno is the OG ice type area

And since it's 20 years later it's been taken over by invasive species from Alola like Vulpix and Sandshrew

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm probably the only person that loves the Sevii Islands and I want them to come back.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This time there will be eight of them.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Getting to the Sevii Islands was really cool when I was 10, because I had absolutely no idea that they were there and each island had its own little questline.

Unfortunately, they also had the kidnapping Hypno

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Hustlin Floh posted:

They've been renamed to the Aytii slands

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Eox posted:

Getting to the Sevii Islands was really cool when I was 10, because I had absolutely no idea that they were there and each island had its own little questline.

Unfortunately, they also had the kidnapping Hypno

What was so bad about the Hypno?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RatHat posted:

What was so bad about the Hypno?

He was creepy and kidnapped a young girl.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Hustlin Floh posted:

They'll be completely revamped and be the six other regions in miniature, and that's where you'll catch other region's pokemon

The seventh island is the Battle Frontier/Resort equivalent

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zore posted:

He was creepy and kidnapped a young girl.

Isn't that literally an episode of the anime?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Vernatio posted:

People seem to be giving these supposed leaks a lot of credit, are they from a notable leaker or something? Integrating with Pokemon Go seems kinda unlikely considering it's Niantic's baby, and on the whole it sounds like general wish fulfillment/making people on the internet mad stuff. Maybe I don't have the context of who the leaker is or where the leaks came from, but it all seems very unlikely.

On the Japanese side, there are a few known leakers that have been hinting at things but the major fansite operators know who they are and won't just take a picture posted to 4chan with google translated Japanese as proof of anything.

Just this morning, Emily Rogers (leaker with a decent track record) just comes out of the blue and says the games will have interesting naming and branding. Serebii has also apparently heard this from other sources and trusted it enough to put it up as a rumor when a picture appeared. Pokebeach also seems to have known something pretty early this morning and is writing up an article now.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

oddium posted:

i hope the man with the machop built that building finally

The Machop died from stess

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I don't need a code but I wanted to chime in on the favorite town chat. Mine is Fortree City in Hoenn. I grew up in a desert so I never got to have a treehouse, but I always wanted to have one. It just seemed like such a cool thing to be able to hang out in a tree! I love trees. Foretree City is a whole city of treehouses and it owns! If I could pick one city in all of the Pokemon world to live, I would pick there. I even made my Secret Base in a tree near Fortree so I could live there in a sense.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I hope those leaks are super wrong and Game Freak doesn't continue to pander to idiot genwunners that want nothing more than to remove most of the roster.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hustlin Floh posted:

There's already nine :troll:

Sevii is alright, it just doesn't have a huge amount to it, especially with FRLG's kinda boring graphics. Though them not being in HGSS was a crime, kinda.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Dizz posted:

The Machop died from stess

Then he hired Primeape, and they also died from the workload

They looked peaceful in death, however

Sheesh, the Sun/Moon 'dex entries were all kinds of whack

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Primeape's Ultra Sun dex entry is me every time Zore uses a semicolon instead of a colon

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

less laughter posted:

And since it's 20 years later it's been taken over by invasive species from Alola like Vulpix and Sandshrew

Porygon supplants Rattata in the wild.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

ItBreathes posted:

Porygon supplants Rattata in the wild.

Having all the instances of Pidgey/Rattata on RBY encounter tables past route 1 replaced with anything else would improve the game significantly. Those drat things show up unevolved way later in the game than they had any business doing.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Everytime someone in this thread says the Pokedex entries are especially brutal or edgy I wonder at how technology has advanced to the point where children can post on a paid internet forum

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The ridiculous number of Ratatta and Pidgey is even funnier when the first gym was Rock, a type they were completely useless against(at that level).

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm not buying another Kanto-set game in tyool 2018 :lol:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Shneak posted:

They don't care, in your place there are millions of children who have never played a mainline Kanto game before who will.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

less laughter posted:

They don't care, in your place there are millions of children who have never played a mainline Kanto game before who will.

well, okay, but im still going to say it sucks for me

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Shneak posted:

It'll probably come out in 2019.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
you guys bitching about Rattattas and Pidgeys but not Zubats and Tentacools?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Here's the Pokebeach writeup of what is going on.

http://www.pokebeach.com/2018/05/major-pokemon-switch-rumors-today-a-breakdown-and-analysis

It apparently is all based on the Emily Rogers rumor so it could be true, it might not.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 15, 2018

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i celebrate every zubat, very cute and good friend

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

i celebrate every zubat, very cute and good friend

Zubat, Woobat and Noibat are all very cute and good friends

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Crobat is my strong friend and I'm willing to suffer through his previous two forms so he can be free.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Bongo Bill
Ohtsam
Zore
Truecon420

PMs sent. I got one more!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kurieg posted:

Crobat is my strong friend and I'm willing to suffer through his previous two forms so he can be free.

Golbat will be blocked from evolving like in FRLG

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Kurieg posted:

:hai:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

I hope those leaks are super wrong and Game Freak doesn't continue to pander to idiot genwunners that want nothing more than to remove most of the roster.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

i've already confirmed a reverse Johto trip in my head and i'm gonna be disappointed when it doesn't happen

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Tired: head west for postgame johto
Wired: head north for postgame sinnoh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Eox posted:

Tired: head west for postgame johto