Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Party In My Diapee posted:

The skaven artillery was really disappointing so these guys are my last hope for massive firepower.

I was expecting so much more out of the Warp lightning cannon's animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Party In My Diapee posted:

The skaven artillery was really disappointing so these guys are my last hope for massive firepower.

Skaven are still missing Ratling guns, Jezzails, and poison wind mortars all of which could be added.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

S.J. posted:

They could have made the 'projectile' invisible and have a glowy green horizontal lightning bolt appear when the projectile hit something. So while it wouldnt truly be instantaneous it would appear so, but could also still 'miss' its intended target.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

S.J. posted:

You got a laser cannon, which isn't... the worst thing.

I really do love the skaven disparity. loving monstrous and terrifying feats of engineering (genetic and otherwise) to back up.... basically children armed with spears-ish.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Panfilo posted:

They could have made the 'projectile' invisible and have a glowy green horizontal lightning bolt appear when the projectile hit something. So while it wouldnt truly be instantaneous it would appear so, but could also still 'miss' its intended target.

Someone made a mod to fix this:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1364680813&searchtext=lightning

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Looking at mods, I feel like they're are some ways to ensure you don't get traits that offer redundant abilities. It can be kind of a drag to get, say, poison on your LL that already has it. But there are similar abilities that could stack-

Poison - Weeping poison (-X armor to target, also stacks with armor sundering)
Frenzy- Prey sighted (bonus melee attack/charge when near enemies)
Regeneration - Blood Drinker (a weaker regen when engaged in melee)

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Dramicus posted:

At it's core Warhammer is about everyone killing everyone forever. A "chaos" mode would be both fun and lore friendly anyway. Chaos makes anything possible.

If memory serves me right there was a mini-campaign on tabletop where some 40K artefacts dropped on Albion and every faction sent an expeditionary force to retrieve them.

So what I am saying is that an Albion Mini-Campaign would be pretty fun thing to have all the factions represented in a smaller and more gameplay-oriented map, plus teched-up so everyone is using their fun toys.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The one thing all published stuff about the Amazons agrees on is laser cannons.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Hellooooo, sailor! :eyepop:

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
No tuesday newsday today...

Buuut...

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Warhammer 1 question: Is there a mod that makes the Chaos invasion not ignore everyone in its path and beeline towards the player? I'm playing as Bretonnia right now and four Chaos stacks are marching in a neat single file line, waving at the Empire as they pass, and heading straight for Couronne.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ninjahedgehog posted:

Warhammer 1 question: Is there a mod that makes the Chaos invasion not ignore everyone in its path and beeline towards the player? I'm playing as Bretonnia right now and four Chaos stacks are marching in a neat single file line, waving at the Empire as they pass, and heading straight for Couronne.

Check the Advanced AI mod, I know it does exactly that in Warhammer 2 but I forget if the previous version has it too

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Gejnor posted:

Buuut...

:pray:

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Please oh please. I took the day off work to get some stuff done at home. Taking off for a surprise dlc drop would be better.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
My body is ready, CA

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
I mean it's not really a surprise, they've said ages ago that the lord pack (which we now know is The Queen and The Crone) is coming along with Norsca and all the other ME changes at the end of May.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Pretty sure that still just means trailer Thursday for release on the 31st, but we'll see.

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013
Do they do the letter thing for Lord packs?
Letter tomorrow and trailer Thursday or no letter and trailer on Thursday is my guess.

Honestly I just want to see the patchnotes, even if I can't touch the game until the last day of the month. But they usually don't drop until like the day before release. :(

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Jum-Jum posted:

Do they do the letter thing for Lord packs?

I might be wrong but I think they've only done them for Race Packs and Campaign Packs.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I hope Hellebron starts somewhere exotic instead of further crowding Naggaroth. Maybe the old world races will finally see an elf.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

I might be wrong but I think they've only done them for Race Packs and Campaign Packs.

They've done it for Lord Packs too.

We don't get Tuesday Newsday because they're announcing blood DLC for ThroB.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Gejnor posted:

Buuut...

“Grace_CACreative Assembly 18 points 3 hours ago
there's some thrones news“
:(
Edit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/8jl20r/around_what_time_on_the_day_have_the_previous/dz0h3lh/
Apparently people on reddit are not taking this well. “Please be patient”
Was it this?
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/thrones-balance-update

Truecon420 fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 15, 2018

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Truecon420 posted:

“Grace_CACreative Assembly 18 points 3 hours ago
there's some thrones news“

:(

:unsmith:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Checked steam stats for the hell of it, more people are playing Rome 2 than Thrones.

...what? I thought Rome 2 was considered to be the black sheep of the Total War games or something.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 15, 2018

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Broken Cog posted:

Checked steam stats for the hell of it, more people are playing Rome 2 than Thrones.

...what? I thought Rome 2 was considered to be the black sheep of the Total War games or something.

The launch was an unplayable disaster but it got significantly better with patches and its a very popular era .

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

It's also got a great modding scene and unlike Attila isn't so badly optimised all modders give up.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Check the Advanced AI mod, I know it does exactly that in Warhammer 2 but I forget if the previous version has it too

Someone mentioned this and some other mod being critical for this game, but I never got around to getting them. Do you remember which one was the other?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Broken Cog posted:

Rome 2 has been throughly fixed and is probably one of the better Total Wars.

Now Empire, that's a real black sheep and up there with Hellgate: London on my list of greatest gaming disappointments.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

THE BAR posted:

Someone mentioned this and some other mod being critical for this game, but I never got around to getting them. Do you remember which one was the other?

Never leave home without Gejnor's Global Recruitment Buff, the only mod you truly need.(and the camera mods too)

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

ZearothK posted:

Now Empire, that's a real black sheep and up there with Hellgate: London on my list of greatest gaming disappointments.

I'd be really interested to see what they would do with Empire II if they ever make it. There are a lot of really fun and interesting ideas in there (overseas trade, colonialism) that are counteracted by a bunch of really loving stupid ones (the entirely of France as one province? Really?)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

THE BAR posted:

Better Camera maybe?

Advanced AI is the real game changer since it’s all vanilla stats and units, it’s just that the game knows how to use them better. Especially magic

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Thanks. I'm done banging my head against Legendary, it's time for some fun modding instead.

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 15, 2018

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

I'm gonna advice against Advanced AI if you're planning to play a faction that lives next door to Norsca, as the mod makes the Norsca factions spit out even more annoying marauder stacks.

However Dwarf start with Advanced AI is a lot of fun, even if you spend a good 100 turns trying to survive Grimgor.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
One nice thing for some of the more defensive races like Dwarves is that by fending off waves of trash stacks early you level up your guys extremely fast, so when the opportunity arises you can launch your counter offensive with lords 10 levels above theirs.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
For some spice, get Leylos' tweak mod that switches around start positions for some of the Skaven clans, putting Tretch and some minor in the Badlands, and Skarsnik in Eight Peaks. That way, you might just get to fight someone else than Grimgor in your first 100 turns.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Electronico6 posted:

I'm gonna advice against Advanced AI if you're planning to play a faction that lives next door to Norsca, as the mod makes the Norsca factions spit out even more annoying marauder stacks.

However Dwarf start with Advanced AI is a lot of fun, even if you spend a good 100 turns trying to survive Grimgor.

He’s talking about game 1, where Norsca is actually cool and fun to fight

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1326805764

Celtiks Advanced AI mod, this for me is the only "must have" mod. It does so many things like picking reasonable skill points, rebalancing confederation for AI, better at recruiting high tier units etc.

Jum-Jum fucked around with this message at 12:47 on May 16, 2018

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

toasterwarrior posted:

For some spice, get Leylos' tweak mod that switches around start positions for some of the Skaven clans, putting Tretch and some minor in the Badlands, and Skarsnik in Eight Peaks. That way, you might just get to fight someone else than Grimgor in your first 100 turns.

If you want to play Skaven, I like the mod that puts Tretch in Skavenblight. It lets you fight a wide variety of different factions and you can reenact Vermintide by invading the Empire.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Broken Cog posted:

The whole reason Rome 2 got so much DLC way after the fact was because it was still stupidly popular. There's some genuine fundamental problems with the way that the game's put together, but overall it's a pretty big sandbox that's easy to mod out the one or two things that bug you personally.

As far as "must-have" mods go for TWWH2, my vote is for Leylos's Regional Occupation. It tweaks the climate system into acting like the TWWH1 occupation system and is basically required to make Mortal Empires playable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I don't really know why people have so much trouble with marauder horsemen. They simply melt under any sort of missile fire.