Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
It's interesting because defensive items are more efficient. If the conversion is good enough it could be their way of allowing him to get carry-ish levels of AD on a support budget. The problem with making an assassin support the usual high base low growth option is that if your assassin doesn't need to build damage they can build bruiser and then you either have a tanky as gently caress assassin (horror) or an assassin actually balanced around high survivability (aka. not an assassin). Making him scale but off of efficient items might work around the problem.

But it's not gonna be an easy balance act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I'm waiting for that patch where Riot over-balanced the new champion for being too weak in bot lane, that pushes him to jungle because now he's over-powered, nerfing him 3 times, and then seeing him show up randomly in a year and a half because an item makes him broken as poo poo and then deciding he's too OP and making random changes that make him a mid-laner for the rest of the game.

e: According to Reddit he doesn't gain health from items, runes, or masteries AT ALL and only from leveling up, which is I guess is their attempt to keep him exclusively in bot lane.

that sounds awful. as a melee char he wants to get a relic shield but it won't even be good? sightstone upgrades won't help him

trash

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

My first thought was he'd rather have a Coin for the movement speed than Relic.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

kingcobweb posted:

Zac is a "nerfed around pro" champion, honestly. Everything about him seems like he should be perma-low Elo stomp, but he really isn't right now. Part of it is that his ult is about 1/5 as good as his old ult was.

Good, they made him scale a lot better with teamwork.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

that sounds awful. as a melee char he wants to get a relic shield but it won't even be good? sightstone upgrades won't help him

He converts his bonus health into AD, so Relic and its upgrades will still benefit him. They've been talking about an AD support item in the works, too, so he'll eventually be able to take that as well.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Futuresight posted:

It's interesting because defensive items are more efficient. If the conversion is good enough it could be their way of allowing him to get carry-ish levels of AD on a support budget. The problem with making an assassin support the usual high base low growth option is that if your assassin doesn't need to build damage they can build bruiser and then you either have a tanky as gently caress assassin (horror) or an assassin actually balanced around high survivability (aka. not an assassin). Making him scale but off of efficient items might work around the problem.

But it's not gonna be an easy balance act.

he doesnt get to keep the HP when it gets converted, he works like jhin not vlad

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Pyke is going to be Zed's favorite champ to roam down to bot to gank with ult.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

slydingdoor posted:

Pyke is going to be Zed's favorite champ to roam down to bot to gank with ult.

*guy pointing at head meme* they can’t dive you bot if you’re diving them mid

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Pyke is going to be Zed's favorite champ to see randomly roam into his lane and feed him 5/10/15% of his AD (+5).

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
https://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-810-notes

Pretty cool, the jungle changes are happening pretty much identically to what they announced that got all that flak

e: lol you wont hit 2 from a buff either. well at least it aint my fault anymore when a teammate eats poo poo in lane early
e2: fiddlesticks is hosed
e3: ivern however is going to be a dick again :getin:

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 15, 2018

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lol they just outright prevented junglers from buying support items now.

They also made Krugs give a lot more exp, so combined with the nerfs to everything else they're definitely gonna be worth doing now.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 15, 2018

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm really confused about jungle XP changes. How do you hit level 2 now? You have to take a second camp still at level one??? That can't possibly be right.

Edit: ah https://twitter.com/Riot_Maple/status/996488268500758528

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 15, 2018

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

If it is, I am heading right over to the other jg getting their rear end kicked by the second camp at level 1.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

DaStampede posted:

If it is, I am heading right over to the other jg getting their rear end kicked by the second camp at level 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vhfEgQVDAc

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Using your trinket level one puts it on a FOUR MINUTE cooldown :stonk:

This patch also buffed My Favorite Mastery the item cdr one, which actually gives relevant CDR to trinkets now. I think my "item CDR support" build might become meta for that reason.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

DaStampede posted:

Hey! There's a line missing from the patch notes, you'll be able to hit lvl 2 off of the first camp, but you won't hit level 3 off of 3 camps.

We're getting the extra line added in

Still awful but not nearly as bad as it it could be i guess

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Watching a pbe game; pyke looks like a really solid jungler. First clear isn't bad, ganks are incredibly strong, and he gets a lot of health back when he leaves lane and goes back into jungle.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

d0grent posted:

Watching a pbe game; pyke looks like a really solid jungler. First clear isn't bad, ganks are incredibly strong, and he gets a lot of health back when he leaves lane and goes back into jungle.

Oh poo poo he’s on PBE already??

Honestly I’m super disappointed that he’s a jungler.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Omg the voice line when he gets a penta:

https://youtu.be/ycnC5x0KNyc

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

pbe posted:

Stats:
Base HP: 600
HP Per Level: 110
HP Regen Growth: 0.1
Mana Per Level: 50
Base MR: 32
MR Per Level: 1.25
Base AD: 60
AD per level: 2
Base Armor: 42
Armor Per Level: 4
Attack Speed Growth: 2.5
Base Move Speed: 330
Attack Range: 150
That’s 10th highest base HP, second-highest HP/level, sixth highest armor, and trash garbage AD and AD scaling.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

Omg the voice line when he gets a penta:

https://youtu.be/ycnC5x0KNyc

Cant wait to hear a monologue every time he places a ward

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I need to place this ward in the river... Oh river.....how I hate Water as I drowned in it many moons ago

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Pyke is basically Nautilius if Naut was a edgelord instead of a goofy diving suit tank isn't he?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
They both have hooks and are water themed and that's where the similarities end

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

kingcobweb posted:

That’s 10th highest base HP, second-highest HP/level, sixth highest armor, and trash garbage AD and AD scaling.
High base HP and HP growth were expected, given that he cannot obtain HP from any incidental sources.

Poor base AD and growth also checks out for someone who will likely want to build oodles of it.

:ninja: Excited he's performing well on the PBE in the jungle. Everything needs to be able to jungle.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

Oh poo poo he's on PBE already??

Honestly I'm super disappointed that he's a jungler.

I have no clue how he's supposed to have any kind of reasonable clear with his main waveclear tool being a 16s cooldown at rank 1. I think you'd be getting into jungle Leona territory with poo poo like that.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I wanna math out the AD gained by Black Cleaver compared to Warmogs. I'm also curious if Bonus Health is still used to calculate Titanic Hydra or if that is a dead item.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Vermain posted:

I have no clue how he's supposed to have any kind of reasonable clear with his main waveclear tool being a 16s cooldown at rank 1. I think you'd be getting into jungle Leona territory with poo poo like that.

Auto attacks my dude. Just watched a pyke and diana clear 3 camps side by side and the pyke was a few seconds faster and slightly healthier as well.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Surrender at 20 has his scaling. .6 bonus AD on Q if held, but the short one does MORE damage including scaling harder. Move speed on W +4% per 100 bonus AD who cares. .8 bonus AD on E. Ult scales on HIS LEVEL, in addition to 140% bonus AD. Bizarre for a roaming support.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

almost as if hes only nominally a support

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
His passive is 14 HP > 1 AD, so a ruby crystal is almost the same as a longsword on him, which is about 40g or so more expensive AD-wise then just buying the longsword, but opens some build paths or beefs the damage on black cleaver type items.

Black cleaver comes close to 70 AD on him I think?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

His passive is 14 HP > 1 AD, so a ruby crystal is almost the same as a longsword on him, which is about 40g or so more expensive AD-wise then just buying the longsword, but opens some build paths or beefs the damage on black cleaver type items.

400g ruby crystal gets 375g worth of AD.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

400g ruby crystal gets 375g worth of AD.

Ah, I was 5g off.

I feel like the HP > AD is more of a penalty then a help and a way to force him to just not go pure tanky support with a true damage ult.

However with his crazy base HP/Scaling it probably won't matter, at 18 he will have around 550 more HP then zed, he just needs to make sure he gets those levels and doesn't become one of those support players who is still level 5 at 13 minutes.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

It is with a heavy heart that I report that I'm still extremely Mad Online about the jungle changes. I hope someone beats Hashashin and takes his lunch money.

I'm going to throw hands at any perfidious laners taking my camps after 8.10.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Radical posted:

he doesnt get to keep the HP when it gets converted, he works like jhin not vlad

Yes I know. I'm saying that the HP->AD scaling could essentially turn support and tank items into efficient damage items for him. Meaning he scales, which means he doesn't just build tank and be both high damage and high survivability, and he's not worthless because he has to buy the same items as carries. Being literally unable to build tank, but not needing to buy the most expensive items to scale is probably the only way a support assassin could work.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I’m gonna see whether he works better building non-HP Support items like Aegis. gently caress your “don’t be a tank” passive

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

68.something. Along with the armor shred and 20% cdr.

Real standout is Frozen Mallet. With 700 hp and 30ad you get a flat 80AD with your autos acting as a slow, helping set up his wierd ghost stun. Edit: the only other items that hit 80Ad is Deaths Dance, Ravanous Hydra, and BT, two of them costing 3500 and BT costing 3700. Frozen Mallet costs 3100.

Warmogs is entirely dependant on if he gets 3000hp by level 18 or if the bonus health converted still counts toward the thing. But for reference it coverts to 57AD with some cdr and 200% base regen.

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 16, 2018

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
PBE:

[new] Ghostwalkers (Melee Only)
Total Cost: 1000g
Recipe: [Boots of Speed + 300g]
Unique Active: Become Ghostly for 6 seconds, ignoring terrain collision. While inside terrain, gain 125 movement speed and become untargetable, stealthed, and silenced. (60 second cooldown).
Unique Passive - Enhanced Movement: +45 Movement Speed

what the gently caress

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

PBE:

[new] Ghostwalkers (Melee Only)
Total Cost: 1000g
Recipe: [Boots of Speed + 300g]
Unique Active: Become Ghostly for 6 seconds, ignoring terrain collision. While inside terrain, gain 125 movement speed and become untargetable, stealthed, and silenced. (60 second cooldown).
Unique Passive - Enhanced Movement: +45 Movement Speed

what the gently caress

ARAM only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Triple-Kan posted:

ARAM only.

Oh thank the loving lord I missed that. I’m dumb