Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The heads are left over just sitting there even though he's gone :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Yes, but the human-possessed frog caused the harm, not the pacifist-enchanted human.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The heads are left over just sitting there even though he's gone :allears:

Severed heads aren't impossible. They're quite common actually.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo, that immaculate VW bug. The thing holding a DIE stop sign. I imagine Thorsby just cackling madly as he comes up with these things.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I hope he can still cast the spell.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

The Lone Badger posted:

That's why it's amazing! Other things that are common include a scimitar and a hammer.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

The Lone Badger posted:

And two is one of the smallest numbers of severed heads you can have!

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 10:16 on May 15, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So far, Trixie has pissed off a small but vocal group of intellectuals, ruined relations with a foreign civilization and committed an act of genocide. Most people don't get that much accomplished until after they're elected.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
I wonder if Lyndon is going to be stuck with one stretched out leg.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
This is the first time I've seen someone reference Thorsby outside of SA

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I'm not convinced that having your mind transferred into an animal, no matter how sober it is, would be the best way to confirm to yourself that you aren't hallucinating.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 16, 2018

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Well, going by the parrot, you keep all your faculties when you transfer into the animal.

To be honest, I'd kinda forgotten the plan was for one of them to do that.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Dr Christmas posted:

I'm not convinced that having your mind transferred into an animal, no matter how sober it is, would be the best way to confirm to yourself that you aren't hallucinating.

So long as that doesn't actually occur to Trixie they're golden

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

They probably should have put Trixie back in her body.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

They probably should have put Trixie back in her body.

Nah, there might be still some imposible ones around to see.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
CARNIROOS!

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Didn't Rock Paper Shotgun have an article on the adventure game Thorsby made? Also this seems like a setup for possessing the Carniroos. Or forgetting that Trixie's body is just lying there.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

habituallyred posted:

Didn't Rock Paper Shotgun have an article on the adventure game Thorsby made? Also this seems like a setup for possessing the Carniroos. Or forgetting that Trixie's body is just lying there.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/oyvind-thorsby/

The only thing about Thorsby here is this paragraph:

quote:

Then there are more extreme approaches. Øyvind Thorsby disliked the pacing effects of EXAMINE so much that he wrote a couple of games that got rid of it entirely, including Attack of the Yeti Robot Zombies, which you are supposed to play only once, in order to make sure you take its puzzles and pacing seriously. (I lost. I am not supposed to ever play again. The Yeti Robot Zombies defeated me.)

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Another paragraph or two in this article:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/24/live-free-play-hard-the-theme-is-vegetable-murder/

My mistake, not actually a full article. Sort of a sub article. And not really about the webcomics at all.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/277

Ok forget D&D, I want to play Mage: The Ascension with Thorsby

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahah incredible

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

EndOfTheWorld posted:

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/277

Ok forget D&D, I want to play Mage: The Ascension with Thorsby

That's what I've been thinking this whole story. Samantha would be dead if she had to deal with Paradox.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I wonder if just the roos got poofed away or if all of her magic is gone now

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

I wonder if just the roos got poofed away or if all of her magic is gone now

That's a good question. Perhaps there was someone else around who may have cast that spell. There's no way to know for sure.

Also isn't Frogtrixie still the only one who isn't drugged? These roos might have only disapeared because Trixie trusts Klara's words without a doubt.
To be fair that might be a factoid Trixie already heared at some point.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Ah but they know the Carniroos weren't a hallucination because the extremely sane Samantha pointed them out

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Theory: Klara then goes on to prove that black equals white and gets herself killed at the next zebra crossing.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I dunno what Klara knows about deities, but she really knows her fauna.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/278

I'm loving dying here

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
loving incredible.

I hope the carniroos end up stuck in some kind of half-real half-unreal state because of all this back and forth.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Considering they've faded away in eye-view three times now, I feel like the protagonists could make a very good case (to 'reality', I guess?) that any future carniroos, even if possible, would be likely to be magic just on pattern alone.

I figured the wand would 'break' after the first time they figured it out, but I guess not.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Bobulus posted:

Considering they've faded away in eye-view three times now, I feel like the protagonists could make a very good case (to 'reality', I guess?) that any future carniroos, even if possible, would be likely to be magic just on pattern alone.

She isn't in the school of likeliness. Depending on how far you can stretch plausible deniability, she could come up with the most absurd explanation and it would still work.

"The ship could have belonged to a group of secret scientists who tried to breed especially vicious, smart and cold resistant carniroos. They must have broken out and took control of the ship, bringing it here. Obviously, the whole affair was covered up, so you wouldn't know any better."

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
If just one real Carniroo is on the island, they're also screwed, because the plausibility of "However this one that you now know is real got on the island, the others made it the same way" is now an option.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Guess Landon's going to have to find another spell again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey it's not his fault if his clothes go on a murder spree

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hey it's not his fault if his clothes go on a murder spree

Technically, he threw his clothes at her, so it is sorta still his fault.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I love just how done with all of this Lyndon is.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
A decisive end to the Samantha story arc.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The Lone Badger posted:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Audrey rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin
There's still like a 50% chance that Trixie's body has gotten eaten and they now have to figure out a way to run a frog for president without anyone noticing, right?