Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Interesting that the D team's Force Quit Box is too heavy to budge, but Q team was tossing it around just fine. C team didn't try to lift theirs at all, I don't think.

That chainsaw is tempting, but I love Sigma and Phi so I'm gonna go with the D-Team Cool Kids Crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

C team seems to have more fragments than the others for some reason, so let's pick it first. Also there's Akane with a chainsaw so what could possibly go wrong :v:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It's not like we're not going to explore every branch anyway. Just avoid any winking "I vote for X, you'll see why. It's my favorite bit." stuff.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

1234567890num posted:

C team seems to have more fragments than the others for some reason, so let's pick it first. Also there's Akane with a chainsaw so what could possibly go wrong :v:

A blood-stained chainsaw might I add.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

D Team because every other team has at least one jerk on it, while D team is the team of friendship.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I went straight for the chainsaw my first time around so let's mix it up. Team D

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

Gloomy Rube posted:

D Team because every other team has at least one jerk on it

Did we watch the same VLR? Sigma may not count as he was the protagonist, but Phi can be a jerk. The first thing she asked us to do was betray Luna!

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
D Team

Rith
Oct 10, 2012

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!
I feel we're all losing sight of the most important thing here, which is, of course, that Carlos is extremely handsome. C-Team.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

Rith posted:

I feel we're all losing sight of the most important thing here, which is, of course, that Carlos is extremely handsome. C-Team.

On an only vaguely related point, how did Sigma get that buff? He had a pretty slender build, and it's only been six days since he got back from the future!

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I don't have the necessary Photoshop skills to make the ZTD Eric flowchart.

ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING HAPPENS-->did the kid do it?--Y-->"It was you!"/--N-->blame the kid anyway

Anyway, let's go with C-Team

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

Team D , the one with the gun.

TheKirbs fucked around with this message at 09:51 on May 16, 2018

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

TheKirbs posted:

Team D , the one with the gun.

No more hints, sly or otherwise, please.

Rith
Oct 10, 2012

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!
TheKirbs, I'd suggest editing out your second line. It's slightly unsporting to try to sway the vote with future knowledge. (It's a matter of opinion, in any case. I think any order would work.)

(EDIT: Thank you for your quick cleanup!)

Rith fucked around with this message at 10:03 on May 16, 2018

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

Rith posted:

TheKirbs, I'd suggest editing out your second line. It's slightly unsporting to try to sway the vote with future knowledge. (It's a matter of opinion, in any case. I think any order would work.)

It's gone :sweep:

OddHaberdasher posted:

No more hints, sly or otherwise, please.

There's a gun in the picture.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

D team, because the first fragment I did was from D team.

Also,

It's true.
It seems to me they've gotten a full size larger than the last time you told me.
It's been forty-five years. Growing is natural.
You were just sleeping...

The best joke, assuming you followed the timeline from the last game.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550910&pagenumber=128#post426456493

for context, since it's bee pretty long since then.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

TheKirbs posted:

It's gone :sweep:

There's a gun in the picture.

I was referring to the second line. Thank you.

EDIT:

I should also note, for completeness sake, that Sigma (quoted as "packing twelve inches" in that scene) was confirmed by Uchikoshi's twitter to have 'grown' to eighteen inches. He can also fold it into a sigma shape.

OddHaberdasher fucked around with this message at 11:08 on May 16, 2018

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Rith posted:

This is the correct reasoning and answer.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

There's basically no way anyone can resist finding out what's up with "Akane with a Chainsaw". It is basically an unfair choice.

Does anyone ever not pick the chainsaw first?

I'll try and vote D-Team instead though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

OddHaberdasher posted:

I should also note, for completeness sake, that Sigma (quoted as "packing twelve inches" in that scene) was confirmed by Uchikoshi's twitter to have 'grown' to eighteen inches. He can also fold it into a sigma shape.

Oh right, I forgot that little detail.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
D-Team

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Gloomy Rube posted:

D Team because every other team has at least one jerk on it, while D team is the team of friendship.
This. D Team

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

OddHaberdasher posted:

On an only vaguely related point, how did Sigma get that buff? He had a pretty slender build, and it's only been six days since he got back from the future!

Sigma's young body seemed fairly buff in the last game too, though?

His hair being shorter might make his shoulders look broader.

While I still find it weird that Junpei is sudden black-haired and Phi has bright orange eyebrows now, man, the models in ZTD are exponentially prettier than in VLR. In fact, everyone is really pretty, (especially Carlos :swoon:) except for Eric (and Q is a mystery).

It helps that Diana isn't cosplaying an Audino like Luna was.

Squats fucked around with this message at 15:53 on May 16, 2018

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

Squats posted:

Sigma's young body seemed fairly buff in the last game too, though?

His hair being shorter might make his shoulders look broader.

While I still find it weird that Junpei is sudden black-haired and Phi has bright orange eyebrows now, man, the models in ZTD are exponentially prettier than in VLR. In fact, everyone is really pretty, (especially Carlos :swoon:) except for Eric (and Q is a mystery).

I might be able to give you his arms, but just try and convince me his chest was that thick in VLR.

Also, Junpei suddenly going emo-black is the weird one for their hair? Not Akane?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Junpei was put through hell. Akane, as has been established, is just kind of an rear end in a top hat.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Squats posted:

It helps that Diana isn't cosplaying an Audino like Luna was.
Honestly I'm finding the models really off-putting in ZTD. The eyes and mouths feel really weird, the chins are varying levels of poorly proportioned (especially compared to the mouths again), and I particularly dislike Phi's change from one of the best outfits and designs in VLR (and why does she have glasses now). I think it's that certain features are just too wide for the faces, but I think VLR's were way better, Clover's constant poorly-timed smiles notwithstanding.

Oh, and Eric is just obnoxious.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Akane's hair isn't really that weird. You can still read it as brown hair, it's just kinda shaded differently.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

theshim posted:

I particularly dislike Phi's change from one of the best outfits and designs in VLR (and why does she have glasses now).

Phi became a hipster. :ohdear:

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.

Bifauxnen posted:

Does anyone ever not pick the chainsaw first?

I'll try and vote D-Team instead though.

I personally did a D-Team fragment first, though my logic was largely "I like Sigma and Phi a lot more than I like Junpei and Akane."

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Congrats, you missed the joke.

For the record, the joke is (in spoilers in case someone doesn't want to see it) If you were paying attention to how they were jumping from VLR to this game, her mind is after the events of VLR, but her body is younger than it was in VLR.

Edit:

Aumanor posted:

Why do you consider me linking the relevant update missing the joke?

Because I am a dumb person. :downs:

BlazeEmblem fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 17, 2018

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

Why do you consider me linking the relevant update missing the joke?

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?

Rith posted:

Carlos being handsome is also the reason that I'm voting for C-Team :colbert:

Heckspawn
May 5, 2018

Oh well.
I'm gonna leave the vote open for another day, since D-Team is only leading by a point by my count.

Also, I'm rethinking my stance on offsite polling, at least for instances with discrete options like team votes. It gives any potential lurkers a chance to ring in, and also trawling through the thread to manually tally votes is a pain :saddowns:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

BlazeEmblem posted:

For the record, the joke is (in spoilers in case someone doesn't want to see it) If you were paying attention to how they were jumping from VLR to this game, her mind is after the events of VLR, but her body is younger than it was in VLR.

The fact that old Sigma remembers that conversation after decades makes it even more hilarious.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mraagvpeine posted:

The fact that old Sigma remembers that conversation after decades makes it even more hilarious.

You just know it's because he was so drat proud of himself for coming up with the twelve inches comeback.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Sigma's had almost a half century to prepare himself for a snark-off with Phi.

He still might be unprepared.

Fricassee
Nov 29, 2004
Excited to get in this one on the ground floor, I caught Fedule’s VLR LP about halfway through and went back and binged Dragonatrix’s 999 LP as well. Looking forward to this ride!

While Chainsaw Akane certainly looks intriguing, I want to jump on the Sigma/Phi bus and see more of their interactions in this game, so my vote is for D-Team.

I have no idea how this is all going to play out but I think it’s interesting how each team has a pair that have a previous connection (Akane/Junpei, Sigma/Phi, and Mira/Eric) with the “solo” being the team lead. I wonder how or if that’s going to play into the dynamics of everything in this Decision Game.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

DanielCross posted:

Sigma's had almost a half century to prepare himself for a snark-off with Phi.

He still might be unprepared.

Of course he is. He forgot to mention his eighteen inches.

PZ Smeltzenseltzer
Feb 3, 2008

fortran
~*with style*~
Chainsaw-Team.

Also, when you say “left to right, top-down”, does that mean that we’ll be revisiting the fragments not marked with NEW? I’m kinda curious what would happen if the votes changed (but I can wait until after chainsaw).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Unless some identity shenanigans are at play, it seems like Q-team so far is the only one without reoccurring characters (I got a suspicion about the kid, but it's too early too tell), but feels almost like the set up in We Know The Devil where it's set up to keep one person in a trio isolated/shunned.

And gonna have to say while the quality of the models are better than VLR, the design is pretty awful for previously stated reasons - everyone's face just looks lopsided.

• Locked thread