Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

One of the many advantages to using their tricked out new game engine is they can do maintenance without downtime

[Takes 9 months to reduce sniper flinch]

[Takes 5 months to add damage to Prom Lens]

Prom Lens was very likely one of those hard coded things like Jade Rabbit where they couldn't fix it with developer facing tools (lol).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DrNutt posted:

Oof what is with the terrible texture work on that new Vigilance Wing ornament? Like the design already looks like something out of loving Paladins but the low res textures look like they've been poorly shopped in. Lol this is a game that's supposed to look good at 4k and that poo poo looks like rear end in 1440p.

This except the exact opposite.

It rules very heartily.

It looks like Tex Mechanica via mobile phone fantasy game and it. is. great.

Also the wing sights I think are somehow even larger than the anubis dog heads sights and it's hilarious.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
What the hell are catalysts? I got one for the DARCI (which owns now) and it just turns it into a masterwork? Is there more to them than that?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

evergreen post

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

comatose posted:

What the hell are catalysts? I got one for the DARCI (which owns now) and it just turns it into a masterwork? Is there more to them than that?

Inspecting the gun, specifically the Masterwork / Catalyst section, will tell you everything you want to know

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

comatose posted:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Inspecting the gun, specifically the Masterwork / Catalyst section, will tell you everything you want to know

Yeah, Exotic guns not only got a buff, they got a Masterwork "Catalyst" that drops or is earned through activities that makes them even more ridiculous on top of the "basic" buff.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Well, the Jade Rabbit gets like 30 more stability because they can't buff the gun unless they get an engineer to fix it cause apparently the exotic perk is hard coded into the game. Meanwhile Crimson gets +20 range which would be hilarious if it didn't kick like a motherfuck

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It says some generic "kill poo poo anywhere" for darci and crimson and I haven't gotten poo poo

Orv
May 4, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It says some generic "kill poo poo anywhere" for darci and crimson and I haven't gotten poo poo

Crimson at least wants precision kills. It also wants like 400 precision kills so I just laughed and stopped using it.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orv posted:

Crimson at least wants precision kills. It also wants like 400 precision kills so I just laughed and stopped using it.

That's separate from getting the catalyst. The catalyst drops from killing anything, but I haven't had any luck so far.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh yeah, woops. It's completely RNG and blows.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I've had zero catalysts drop for anything yet which is pretty worrisome considering how much Destiny 2 I played last week.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

DrNutt posted:

I've had zero catalysts drop for anything yet which is pretty worrisome considering how much Destiny 2 I played last week.

It's just not in your destiny. 2.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Argas posted:

It's just not in your destiny. 2.

Figures.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Have they done anything to fix the 'hunters suck' problem? I went Warlock because devour is ridiculous, but I'm missing a proper triple jump.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Arcstrider has been and continues to be the best PvP subclass in the game since the Go Fast update and all three specs are monstrous with the appropriate exotics in PvE.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I really enjoy playing gunslinger hunter with the bird hat. The instant damage dump is just super satisfying.

I like crimson for dicking around in the open world stuff where everything dies easily but its definitely less useful in strikes and stuff. I also tried skyburners oath (because its a mini grenade launcher) last night in the nightfall and some public events and it didn't feel like it was doing as much damage as it should be.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I switched out my INSURMOUNTABLE SKULLFORT for the wormgod gloves and have been having an absolute blast even if it means I can't crackle tackle motherfuckers anymore.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Game kicked me out to director while in the middle of A Garden World and I want to die.

I have gotten a few powerful engrams from doing these missions, so that answers my question of 'why even click on the expansion planet' well enough I guess. Still relatively new so this idea of making 100% of drops worthless is a delicious fresh take on creating a videogame. I did this quest I had that gave me a bunch of rep reward tokens and I turned them in and collected this thing that I threw away. True story.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Is this bugged? Seems suspiciously even. Were they just tracking overall kills and they divided by three to backfill?

e: Hm. I thought I'd just gotten CoO, but in hindsight I remember getting the season pass, which I didn't realize until I clicked on mars and started the campaign. Guess I should finish CoO.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 09:02 on May 16, 2018

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

ItBreathes posted:

Have they done anything to fix the 'hunters suck' problem? I went Warlock because devour is ridiculous, but I'm missing a proper triple jump.

There's a new legendary helmet that at least makes dodge do something useful.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Elysiume posted:

e: Hm. I thought I'd just gotten CoO, but in hindsight I remember getting the season pass, which I didn't realize until I clicked on mars and started the campaign. Guess I should finish CoO.

wait until you finish the mars stuff and your weekly milestones. apparently some of the CoO missions are hardcoded to give you powerful reward engrams on first completion

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

heads up, I'm not approving people in [SNEK] unless you post in our discord and try and interact with the rest of the clan. pruning and managing this poo poo is over complicated enough thanks to bungie's dogshit interface.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Junkenstein posted:

There's a new legendary helmet that at least makes dodge do something useful.

Lol what? Dodge has always been crutch-tier OP in pvp

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Video games need to standardize the qualitative ordering for Rarity, and rarity colors

Popping between titles it's hard to keep track of whether I should be excited by a purple, or if legendary is good or bad

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's more standardized than not. White, green, blue, purple and then some combination or swap of red/yellow/orange depending on how many tiers further it goes. Occasionally some jackass somewhere goes "I can do better!" and fucks everything up for their dumb game.

I say occasionally some jackass, it's literally always ARPG devs that feel they have to be different.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Video games need to standardize the qualitative ordering for Rarity, and rarity colors

Popping between titles it's hard to keep track of whether I should be excited by a purple, or if legendary is good or bad

The names differ, but WoW's rarity colors seem to have been pretty widely adopted. Other than yellow instead of orange, Destiny uses them too.

I think Destiny is the only game I've played that had a legendary rarity that wasn't the highest.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

AAB posted:

wait until you finish the mars stuff and your weekly milestones. apparently some of the CoO missions are hardcoded to give you powerful reward engrams on first completion

Most mission rewards seem to be, ana bray's guns are "Powerful"

Orv
May 4, 2011
There's a lot of post-Legendary Artifacts and Relics and things like that for particularly long in the tooth/power curve games that end up as violent shades of orange/red.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Division uses green for raid weapons sets.

Can we talk in here about Dungeon Defenders 1?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah diablo always had green for sets too.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

New developer roadmap posted:

Nintendo Crucible Labos incoming.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:laffo: at prestige EoW in July. Also PC Clan chat.

Triumphs indeed.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

lol at nothing about shaders.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Maybe that will be the real Year 1 triumph.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
On the bright side, exotic armour buffs next week? If you can convince me to take off my Synths or Feedback Fences I'll be impressed (and also grateful because I have so much arm armour I wanna try making sets out of)

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
So I just remembered that you can kick the reward box around with the Cabal tank. So on Mars, at the injection rig, do the heroic version and get the boss and two Cabal tanks. Commandeer one of the tanks, then when the boss dies, and the loot box spawns, ram it and watch it fly. Ram it off the map and people can't collect.

I've died laughing doing this and I should stop but I just loving can't.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

fromoutofnowhere posted:

So I just remembered that you can kick the reward box around with the Cabal tank. So on Mars, at the injection rig, do the heroic version and get the boss and two Cabal tanks. Commandeer one of the tanks, then when the boss dies, and the loot box spawns, ram it and watch it fly. Ram it off the map and people can't collect.

I've died laughing doing this and I should stop but I just loving can't.

drat this owns

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

lol at nothing about shaders.

Uhh shaders are working as intended. What could they possibly need to fix? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Guess they gave up on making the entire mod system not a total dumpster fire or they just filed it under 'And more'.

• Locked thread