Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I told my boss I can only work the morning (read: busiest with the most tips) shift today so I can spend time with the family in the afternoon and evening.

She responded by giving me the whole day off :peanut:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Errant Gin Monks posted:

You should speak to LC about the joys of computer janitor jobbing, when you are ready I can apprentice you in the dark arts of the mainframe and you can make 6 figures confusing everyone else and getting them to go away.

I appreciate that, but I work in a nice, air-conditioned office monday to friday 9-5 doing the job I went to school for.

I just also moonlight in a restaurant because, I, uuuuhhh, hate myself?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mezzanon posted:

I appreciate that, but I work in a nice, air-conditioned office monday to friday 9-5 doing the job I went to school for.

Extra spending money is nice. I'm half tempted once I move on to do weekend serving for some extra cash.

I'm also a masochist (as shown by the above post).

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Mezzanon posted:

This level of self-awareness is dangerous. Apply whisky, orally, until it goes away.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Crushed brunch. Record sales at about 180% of PY, highest brunch sales ever

Naelyan
Jul 21, 2007

Fun Shoe
Crushed brunch as well. Full eggs benny and a stupid amount of homefries. At least 7 mimosas. Didn't leave the house or put on pants (aw yeah not being open today).

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The little hole in the wall I work at did 5k at brunch and another 7k at dinner. This weekend was a shitshow but I can pay all my bills for like 2 months now

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
idk what our sales were for dinner but we served 124 with a cap of less than 40

motherfuckin mother's day

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
Didn't have to deal with brunch, been prepping out for a party of 2k that starts with a reception tonight, and they've got breakfast, lunch, and breaks Tues, Wed, and Thurs. I seriously need more refrigeration. And more equipment. We were not expecting something this big to be booked within the first 6mos.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
That seems like a pretty good problem to have, CdC!

I stayed home for MD brunch this year out of respect for all you poor bastards. Plus I don't like Benedicts.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

We went in the evening during the deader hours

Chalk is Cheap
Mar 29, 2005

You know, Maine has a really cool underground hip-hop scene...

Liquid Communism posted:

That seems like a pretty good problem to have, CdC!

I stayed home for MD brunch this year out of respect for all you poor bastards. Plus I don't like Benedicts.

I'm so very very sorry that your opinion on benedicts is a clear sign of a mental disorder.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Chalk is Cheap posted:

I'm so very very sorry that your opinion on benedicts is a clear sign of a mental disorder.

Food poisoning off them once means never again. Something about eggs and hollandaise together sets off my gag reflex now.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Eggs Benedict topped with sautéed spinach and a ice cold bloody Mary on a Sunday morning.

Get the gently caress in.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
A ceasar, you mean? Bloody marys can go eat poo poo.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Do not talk poo poo about the world's greatest hangover cure.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Field Mousepad posted:

Do not talk poo poo about the world's greatest hangover cure.

somebody's talkin poo poo about weed? in the industry thread!?

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

I have literally never understood the bloody mary. If I want to drink my hangover away its one of two things; a shot of irish whisky, or a glass of insanely dry sparkling wine. I think people who like bloody marys smoke a lot of cigarettes or something IDK.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Our MD brunch turned out to be a non-event. Much like Easter, we were staffed to gills and loaded for bear, and we barely did poo poo. First hour and a half we got fisted, but then once the rail was clear at 11:30, it was so slow our guy on fry station started getting all Mr Wizard by putting whole eggs in the deep fryer to see what would happen. (We drain and clean the fryer on Tuesdays, which is normally my job, and I'm soooo happy I had today off)

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
All booze is good at all times of the day. Many dogs, all with different hair. No room for judgment. Milk punch, mimosa, Bloody Mary, greyhound, Pol Roger, aquavit...all do the trick

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Our MD brunch turned out to be a non-event. Much like Easter, we were staffed to gills and loaded for bear, and we barely did poo poo. First hour and a half we got fisted, but then once the rail was clear at 11:30, it was so slow our guy on fry station started getting all Mr Wizard by putting whole eggs in the deep fryer to see what would happen. (We drain and clean the fryer on Tuesdays, which is normally my job, and I'm soooo happy I had today off)

Well, what happens?

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

Woooooo 23 days straight are officially over! The liquor store was out of pints of Five Star, I’m taking this as a sign.

E: That a fifth is called for, just to be clear.

Rugikiki fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 16, 2018

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Secret Spoon posted:

I have literally never understood the bloody mary. If I want to drink my hangover away its one of two things; a shot of irish whisky, or a glass of insanely dry sparkling wine. I think people who like bloody marys smoke a lot of cigarettes or something IDK.

i love bloody marys but i also eat tomatoes raw so im the target audience i think

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

Secret Spoon posted:

I never understood or desired one until I tried it extremely hungover and it worked like goddamn magic. I’ve loved them ever since.

Pack and a half a day.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

i love bloody marys but i also eat tomatoes raw so im the target audience i think

Tomatoes are legitimately one of my favorite things on the planet so that isn't it.

Rugikiki posted:

I never understood or desired one until I tried it extremely hungover and it worked like goddamn magic. I’ve loved them ever since.

Pack and a half a day.

I have had one extremely hung over, just isn't my bag. I just don't get it. That isn't to say I don't respect it. I also used to not get sour beers until I ordered one that changed my mind. So maybe, in another 10 years of drinking, Ill find that magic bloody Mary.

Another thing I don't get about them is the insane garnish that goes into it. Every time I see one of those I see the worst parts of Vegas. Then again I don't really order cocktails outside of items that have one or two components or completely straight.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

iospace posted:

Well, what happens?

Egg #1: dropped for 90 seconds. No change in exterior; upon cracking, interior was still raw and cold to the touch.
Egg #2: dropped for ?? seconds before that fucker exploded, making the fry basket a nightmare of protein webs that made me thank the gods I was not on dish Sunday or cleaning egg gunk out of the fryer today

Our sample population for this experiment may have included unforeseen variables due to the fact that the fry station dude was so bored, he had been doodling smily faces on the eggs with Sharpie mere moments before drawling "Ah wunner what happen if Ah put this whole aaaeeegg in the fryer, y'all?"

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Phil Moscowitz posted:

All booze is good at all times of the day. Many dogs, all with different hair. No room for judgment. Milk punch, mimosa, Bloody Mary, greyhound, Pol Roger, aquavit...all do the trick

I can't remember where I saw it (maybe the Governor Restaurant), but I feel like the Fruity Pebbles Milk Punch I saw over the weekend suggests that there should be Booze Rules.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

ulmont posted:

I can't remember where I saw it (maybe the Governor Restaurant), but I feel like the Fruity Pebbles Milk Punch I saw over the weekend suggests that there should be Booze Rules.

I say use it as a device to sort out garbage people.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

my favorite soup is bloody mary bar with all the fixin's.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Babylon Astronaut posted:

my favorite soupsandwich is bloody mary bar chili with beans, well-done circumcised steak and all the authentic fixin's.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Gimme a five hour, a protein bar, and a pint (or two) of Guinness, and I'll power through. Tomatoes should be in my food, not my booze.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
my favorite sandwich is sea scallops the consistency of a condom

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Brute Squad posted:

Gimme a five hour, a protein bar, and a pint (or two) of Guinness, and I'll power through. Tomatoes should be in my food, not my booze.

Greasy spoon full breakfast and enough black coffee to float me are my cure. Couple fried eggs and hash browns that have both been floated in butter and bacon fat.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Wait until yall get a little older and everything you just talked about royally fucks your stomach up for a solid day.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

As someone who is "a little older" if I drank enough to need a hangover cure my stomach will already be hosed up for a week.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

ulmont posted:

If bourbon in my cereal is wrong, I don't wanna be right

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
LOL I'm an old, just avoid wine, only have dark beers if I'm drinking them solidly enough to get drunk, and avoid spirits you haven't made yourself (pot still whiskey or 'dark' anything, and even white spirits which are pumped out to maximize profit are full of hangover inducing head and tails.
The whiskys and rums have the heads and tails intentionally because i) pot stilling can't avoid them and it has to be pot stilled, ii) the cuts aren't made by cut offs/observation, but by flavour, and some heads and tails traits are desirable for that - but will make your hangover worse. If a refluxed white/neutral spirit give you a hang over though it's just because they were cheap asses and are screwing you.

Distill your own white spirit and be very generous of the portions you discard (unlike the commercial makers), and double distill and carbon filter the hearts and you'll be golden. Make it GWS by making your own gin or something. Not being serious here because you have a sucky law, but in general when you're an old you have to cut down on whisky and rum and only have the option of high quality vodkas and gins.
Every time I have some wine I'm wrecked with bad hang overs, bad reflux as well. Sometimes happens with lagers and pale ales as well and commercial spirits usually have too many hang over inducing compounds.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 16, 2018

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

"Ah wunner what happen if Ah put this whole aaaeeegg in the fryer, y'all?"

The last time this conversation started where I work, I believe my response was something along the lines of "If y'all start putting stupid poo poo in the fryer, I'm clocking out and I'm not coming back till the mess is cleaned up."

They wisely elected to not put stupid poo poo in the fryer.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Bloody Mary’s with chipotle tobacco are good as hell.

Get out with stacking food on top of the drink, though. Nobody wants a full garden (or sliders and onion rings and etc and etc) getting in the way.

e: I like tobasco over tobacco, but my phone is a heavy smoker and has other ideas.

Democratic Pirate fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

i try not to drink or eat tobacco