Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

zoux posted:

Man I thought Lucifer was terrible. Anything interesting was completely buried in the most by-the-numbers cop procedural bullshit. I quit after season 2 but keeping the female lead in the dark about the nature of him was such a bad decision.

Also I didn't like Tom Ellis' take on the character.

Yes well it seems like large swaths of your fellow Americas agreed with you and now you've ruined something that could have been beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Barry Convex posted:

crossposting from the AoS thread:

https://twitter.com/NatalieAbrams/status/996425401688731649

Well, that's one way to avoid dealing with Avengers 4's probable timeline-undoing ending.

Lol, and just after I said they probably weren't going to do that in the AoS thread, I'm smrt

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bessantj posted:

Yes well it seems like large swaths of your fellow Americas agreed with you and now you've ruined something that could have been beautiful.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

howe_sam posted:

Lol, and just after I said they probably weren't going to do that in the AoS thread, I'm smrt

Owned

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

zoux posted:

Man I thought Lucifer was terrible. Anything interesting was completely buried in the most by-the-numbers cop procedural bullshit.

That's what was cool about it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I hope this doesn't run the chances of there being a Y the Last Man police procedural

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
We’re actually getting an Alfred prequel series. This is somehow not a joke.
https://twitter.com/snoodit/status/996782337751994368?s=21

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

zoux posted:

Man I thought Lucifer was terrible. Anything interesting was completely buried in the most by-the-numbers cop procedural bullshit. I quit after season 2 but keeping the female lead in the dark about the nature of him was such a bad decision.

Also I didn't like Tom Ellis' take on the character.

on one hand yes, on the other hand someone made a show that was almost literally God Cop from 30 Rock, which is pretty loving amazing when you get down to it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Barry Convex posted:

It has nothing to do with gotham and pertwee.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Barry Convex posted:

I can't wait to see this go the Gotham method of "saying the series isn't about Batman, then introduce every character in the mythos"

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

The trailer for the Teen Titans Go movie literally opens with a joke treating the idea of an Alfred movie as ridiculous

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Barry Convex posted:

And is yet another DC project Warner has tossed over to a competitor despite pouring money into their own DC based service. I imagine shareholder meetings are just filled with weed smoke and bean bag chairs.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I can't find anything substantial but a bunch of comic/TV sites are reporting that Wilson Bethel will play Bullseye in DD s3

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

zoux posted:

I can't find anything substantial but a bunch of comic/TV sites are reporting that Wilson Bethel will play Bullseye in DD s3

ScreenRant said something about it on Twitter, but I think they're a bunch of idiots so I just shrugged.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

pubic works project posted:

ScreenRant said something about it on Twitter, but I think they're a bunch of idiots so I just shrugged.

I think their Pitch Meeting video series is pretty funny though. :unsmith:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Samuringa posted:

iZombie was saved.

Saved for its last season

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm okay with that. How many shows have gotten to more than five seasons and then you're like "oh NOW it hit its stride!" (Yes, there are some, but they're pretty uncommon). Five is about all any show should ever need.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

whoahttps://twitter.com/EW/status/997143036261031936

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 17, 2018

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Now we will all see exactly what an Arrowverse Batshow would look like. No more guessing. I'm terrified at the potential of that costume though. That said, maybe it will be designed more by the Arrow production team than the Supergirl people, because... yeesh.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sara's costume but in black with a bat logo.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Sara's costume but in black with a bat logo.

We should hope.

Also, I hope they cast someone who is in decent shape and can actually do reasonable choreography. One of my biggest pet peeves with Legion is that they have a character whose sole character trait is "rear end kicker" and they cast a woman who can barely throw a punch to play her.

Speaking of Legion, I am not enjoying this season as much as the first. I feel like it is trying too hard to be weird and artistic, to the detriment of the story. I felt like last season's weirdness elevated the narrative, while this year's weirdness seems to hamstring it. But I guess at this point they are probably more than happy to cater to the "LOL SO WEIRD LOL" crowd as well as insufferable film students. It's interesting because the fembots look like Sonny Bono and sound like Portal! ART! I'm hoping it all comes together in a coherent way but I feel like I remember understanding a lot more about that show by this point last season compared to this season. A satisfying explanation could pretty much reverse my opinion, and I think there is a good chance of one, but watching week to week is getting tiresome. This week's episode was particularly tiresome, especially after last week's pretty great episode.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oooh snap I always figured that Batwoman would show up first in Supergirl in anything, but this is a drat nice way to do it too.

I assume they would try to spin her off into her own show at some point? That'd be pretty sweet too, and a great way to showcase a bunch of Gotham characters that don't usually get the chance to show up in other DC media.

I'm hella jumping the gun here but wouldn't it be great to get a proper live action Renee Montoya out of this? :3:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Eh, that's not really gonna get me interested in picking up any of the CW shows again. Maybe some stunt next year will.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

Oooh snap I always figured that Batwoman would show up first in Supergirl in anything, but this is a drat nice way to do it too.

I assume they would try to spin her off into her own show at some point? That'd be pretty sweet too, and a great way to showcase a bunch of Gotham characters that don't usually get the chance to show up in other DC media.

I'm hella jumping the gun here but wouldn't it be great to get a proper live action Renee Montoya out of this? :3:

Yeah I'm guessing they are looking at a stealth pilot here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So which Earth is she gonna be from? They really need to do a Crisis that integrates the Supergirl Earth and the Arrowverse Earth.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

So which Earth is she gonna be from? They really need to do a Crisis that integrates the Supergirl Earth and the Arrowverse Earth.

Well if Supergirl is on Earth-38 as a wink to Superman debuting then, it only makes sense for Batwoman to be on Earth-39, right?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Article suggests she's on Earth 1 but tbh it mostly seems like assumption based on previous episodes reference Gotham, which is silly because Supergirl also had a Gotham reference. Also I guess the fact that Amell made the announcement, but he is like, the face of the franchise on social media, so I dunno if that counts either. Worst case is she is from yet another Earth, which means this is probably the most likely.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Yeah I definitely need a Crisis where Black Lightning and Supergirl gets merged into Earth-1.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And then Cisco discovers a new multiverse gateway to the DC StreamingVerse.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

X-O posted:

Eh, that's not really gonna get me interested in picking up any of the CW shows again. Maybe some stunt next year will.

Hah, conversely this is literally the first thing to ever make me want to watch one, not even Constantine tempted me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If she's straight y'all need to boycott this.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is a CW show, why would that even be a concern?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

If she's straight y'all need to boycott this.

As some of the twitter responses mentioned, the likelihood of her sleeping with Sarah Lance is about 99.99% at this rate.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

ToastyPotato posted:

As some of the twitter responses mentioned, the likelihood of her sleeping with Sarah Lance is about 99.99% at this rate.

Sara won't sleep around on Ava.

Alex on the other hand :pervert:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Sara won't sleep around on Ava.

Alex on the other hand :pervert:

I legit forgot about Ava. Is she confirmed as a regular for next season?

This also reminds me. Flash made a joke this week about Wally being on a literal time machine so he would have no excuse to be late, which was extra funny to me because Supergirl this week and I think last week kind of keep pushing this plot point that the Legion has to return to the future ASAP, with Brainy even stressing the point about wasting even seconds. You have a time machine goddammit. Though to be fair, Legends also had the dumb subplot of the Professor missing the birth of his grandson, despite, you know...

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 17, 2018

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, Ava's going to be a regular next season.

And I don't think the Legion have a time machine, so much as they're flying through a crack in time that's got a limited window of staying open maybe?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Yeah, Ava's going to be a regular next season.

And I don't think the Legion have a time machine, so much as they're flying through a crack in time that's got a limited window of staying open maybe?

Ah that is probably right. Though it doesn't say much about Brainiac 5 that he hasn't made a time machine when that tech is in the hands of a large quantity of morons (Legends + Time Bureau).

Edit: I am an idiot and forgot they aren't in the same timeline. BRRRRRR

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's plenty of alternate Sarah Lance's out there.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Good news from TVIV.

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Hadn't seen this posted yet - apparently in Daredevil Season 3 the black suit from Season 1 will return!

https://screenrant.com/daredevil-season-3-set-photos-black-suit/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I never minded his costume tbh.