Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

I'll never get over this game taking so long to make that stuff is being passed down by word of mouth like myth and legend.

CIG loving up behind the scenes and not telling anyone, anything, while lying in demos and ship sales to pull in tens of millions was actually a beautiful moment of transparency and resolve where they fully admitted everything and the family and community was strengthened as a result.

Just like Ben banning the sexual harassment victims of a concierge backer and threatening to ban anyone that talked about it was actually a heroic statement by CIG on how they will actively control the direction of their beautiful dream.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Preen Dog posted:

This cracks me up because I'm also part of the $9.99 Ikea lamp master race.

I too am cracking up. Though perhaps not for the same reason. I hope this is just a random GIS thing and not like your actual home and actual floor and such. Because otherwise I'd suggest doing a spot of cleanup. :)

Maybe come up with a catchy song while you clean, since you may be at it for a while. :)

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beet Wagon posted:

For those of you that honestly want Derek freed, this isn't the right place to be posting about it anyway. I literally don't have the power to do that. You should be talking to the admins, in the concern QCS subforum.

Please make a new thread there. Pleasepleaseplease. :pray: :allears: :pray:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

UNCUT PHILISTINE posted:

Ayn Rand, a wifebeater, and some BK coupons :stare:

A shameful display

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

grimcreaper posted:

How about you get derek unbanned you troglodyte

Can you not post?

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Ayn Marx posted:

Can you not post?

Grimcreap'd again

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dooguk posted:

Will you never learn?

History repeats itself; the doctor has doxxed me :(

Also why isn't the title Bye Bye Benny or "Hit the Road Ben (And don't you roll back)" or Star Citizen: Pasta la Vista, Lesnick

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I hope this guy reads this forum as a lurker:

I don't like Ben because he's not a nice person. You should look for his webpage where he stalked a news anchor, and also had a "hilarious" discourse with his intended and revered relationships with children he wanted to engage in.

Ironically it was around this time where Bens stage presence began to diminish, but of course nobody really said anything.

Now that we're about a year later he's being removed. It's been long enough nobody can specifically say "it was because of this sick poo poo you did Ben" so it's possible he can find another job without needing to bring that up as a reason for his removal, and it's out of the news now so employers likely won't find it with a basic google search.

CIG gave Ben a good "out" and have helped line him up so he might be able to live a normal life somewhere else. But CIG didn't need that crap on their plate, especially not with more and more lawyer type people poking around. Ben was a huge liability of stupid with enough skeletons in his closet that there was no way CIG could afford to have him be there.

I may be totally wrong, but that's my thoughts on the situation. CIG kept him around long enough for things to blow over, with very explicit directions that once they did he was to go gently caress off peacefully and never come back. This is why his "job" was cataloging Wing Commander poo poo. It was because he didn't really have a job, and his friendship with CR was keeping him around long enough to hopefully start fresh somewhere else.

If CIG fired him immediately when this all broke out, as they probably deeply considered, he'd be hosed today because not many people would be too greatly interested in hiring his twisted, sick, dying loving rear end.

So yeah, it was totally because he "bested goons" and definitely not because he's a sick piece of human poo poo.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Ben's "Pie in the Sky" turned out to be filled with shaving creme.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

trucutru posted:

This is about those people you see at the bar casually drinking a beer while wearing Vanduul-sized pauldrons and a mirror-finish cape.

As a recovering Warhammer addict talk about huge pauldrons makes me rub.

I think star citizen should have spend-based-pauldron sizing. Different tiers of financier get bigger pauldrons. That way we know who the bigshots are and not just some nobody maxing out the pauldron slider.

e: My :tinfoil: with Ben is that CIG is going to consolidate massively and Ben is let go early as a favor. It has got to cost A LOT to run three studios.

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 16, 2018

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Looking back, my favorite part of A Tale Of Two Lesnicks was when that Japanese fat shaming reality tv show surreptitiously filmed the two of them gorging on cakes and pies while the hosts were gasping cringing and laughing their way through the narration and iirc complete with classic ooooooooohhh sounds. If anyone has a link to this thread moment that'd be swell cause I forgot to bookmark that one.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Dear Diary,

Today I found a rock that kind of looked like the cover of Wing Commander II. It was the Spanish/Dutch version, as any proper WC fan would know.

Chris Roberts sent me an email today, what a great guy! I didn't have the heart to tell him I already own 3 gladiators; I miss seeing my name on the newsletter. :(

Ate 14 burgers for lunch. Still hungry. Chuck says I can't eat any more because the AC doesn't work in his car.

I hope Alexa is doing well, we had to take separate rides because the suspension gave out on Chuck's wreck. Whoops! Ha. Ha.

Yours truly,

Ben

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Why anyone would be salty about Ben is honestly beyond me. He's gonna die in an absolutely miserable way, precisely because of the disgusting type of person he is, and I'm not even talking about him being a fat gently caress right now either. Whoever called him the 'Ur-Citizen' was spot on, and it's exactly why being salty or angry about any of these whales or shills is silly. Because the odds are they're all headed to doom and personal misery anyway, so my sentiments frequently swing between total and utter pity and gleeful schadenfreude.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

The Titanic posted:

I hope this guy reads this forum as a lurker:

I don't like Ben because he's not a nice person. You should look for his webpage where he stalked a news anchor, and also had a "hilarious" discourse with his intended and revered relationships with children he wanted to engage in.

Ironically it was around this time where Bens stage presence began to diminish, but of course nobody really said anything.

Now that we're about a year later he's being removed. It's been long enough nobody can specifically say "it was because of this sick poo poo you did Ben" so it's possible he can find another job without needing to bring that up as a reason for his removal, and it's out of the news now so employers likely won't find it with a basic google search.

CIG gave Ben a good "out" and have helped line him up so he might be able to live a normal life somewhere else. But CIG didn't need that crap on their plate, especially not with more and more lawyer type people poking around. Ben was a huge liability of stupid with enough skeletons in his closet that there was no way CIG could afford to have him be there.

I may be totally wrong, but that's my thoughts on the situation. CIG kept him around long enough for things to blow over, with very explicit directions that once they did he was to go gently caress off peacefully and never come back. This is why his "job" was cataloging Wing Commander poo poo. It was because he didn't really have a job, and his friendship with CR was keeping him around long enough to hopefully start fresh somewhere else.

If CIG fired him immediately when this all broke out, as they probably deeply considered, he'd be hosed today because not many people would be too greatly interested in hiring his twisted, sick, dying loving rear end.

So yeah, it was totally because he "bested goons" and definitely not because he's a sick piece of human poo poo.

I see what you did there

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

CrazyLoon posted:

Why anyone would be salty about Ben is honestly beyond me. He's gonna die in an absolutely miserable way, precisely because of the disgusting type of person he is, and I'm not even talking about him being a fat gently caress right now either. Whoever called him the 'Ur-Citizen' was spot on, and it's exactly why being salty or angry about any of these whales or shills is silly. Because the odds are they're all headed to doom and personal misery anyway, so my sentiments frequently swing between total and utter pity and gleeful schadenfreude.

:ironycat:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Plenty of people are salty at Ben because he got to work as the right hand man to the Messiah, the man who will save PC Gaming, and you're a moron if you don't want to be there saving the galaxy with him.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Wait, Big Ben was fired? Holy :laffo:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Wait, Big Ben was fired? Holy :laffo:

Not really, he's going to work on a farm upstate.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Plenty of people are salty at Ben because he got to work as the right hand man to the Messiah, the man who will save PC Gaming, and you're a moron if you don't want to be there saving the galaxy with him.

I stand corrected. Sign me up for all the free cheesecakes and Connie hot tubs, Commando.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Beet Wagon posted:

Must be a farm owned by a giant conglomerate then.

Get it? It's because :lesnick: is fat.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

Its implied that people are dead when they "bought the farm" but, in this case, it was the only way to be able to feed the Lesnick's without harming the environment.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
And yea...I work on gardens every other day, and if that fat gently caress manages to do any of the necessary regular physical labor for any form of agriculture at all, other than wheezing up and down the stairs of his abode, I will eat my shoe.

Or I hope that's actually a metaphor, because if it's an actual farm he and Alexis are doomed.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

spacetoaster posted:

Did Ben get kicked out?

*edit* He's moving? I guess?

Holy poo poo, Ben! Noooooooo!

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/996629181780799488

I want to make a joke about catastrophic erosion but it feels waaaaay too mean considering she's already suffering enough from being married to Ben Lesnick.

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

The Saddest Robot posted:

Several of the other actors said that they were hoping to be cast as Neelix during casting/auditions. Because in the descriptions he was like, goddamn Han Solo or something.

He's like Han Solo...

...but more like an irritating, partially shaved warthog-man whose head is the colours of a severe bruise.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

reverend crabhands posted:

It's just British mannerisms, I would not take the "I'm sorry" literally, as a genuine apology.

Being British I say this all the time, it's simply a way to interject when you have a differing viewpoint.

Not sure if it's the case in the above example but often a Brit will lean towards the "I'm sorry" interjection when they feel quite strongly, or a bit of anger/frustration about what the other person is saying.

I know — I put it in quotes because his line delivery is so hilarious. Maybe I should’ve clarified that but just watching him putting his hands on his face, moving around, trying not to interrupt while listening to the rest of them give CIG Marketing the benefit of the doubt when its insane to keep doing that is so funny to watch. And when he finally gets the floor and pushes back so politely just makes it hysterical as a performance to me.

Erris has a similar way of visibly trying to contain himself when the opposite takes place on Relay. When others criticize CIG, he starts clenching his jaw, waving around, balling fists, taking deep breaths. The struggle is real — only he struggles not to blurt out his defenses of whatever the bad thing is. (Usually that will trigger a rant after Erris gets the floor...)

So I laughed hard just to see the opposite with Madness, and the British politeness is part of what makes it such a great performance.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 16, 2018

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I choose to take the high road and make fun of Ben Lesnick for his website of pedo jokes and his incessant stalking of news anchor Kerri Lee, instead of how fat he is :smuggo:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

I choose to take the high road and make fun of Ben Lesnick for his website of pedo jokes and his incessant stalking of news anchor Kerri Lee, instead of how fat he is :smuggo:

whynotbothgirl.gif

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

SoftNum posted:

e: My :tinfoil: with Ben is that CIG is going to consolidate massively and Ben is let go early as a favor. It has got to cost A LOT to run three studios.
They don't even run one studio.

They have buildings, with people in them and computers and stuff. They occasionally shout things into these buildings and expect the vitamin D deficient denizens to interpret their insane coke fuelled shrieking into an actual releasable product, but so far this management style hasn't really been working that well.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Star Citizen: There is no high road here.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

All those quotes were jokes and hilarity and none of that represented the true Lesnick in any way, shape, or form, and you're a cuntiflas for even insinuating otherwise. I hope you have a good lawyer because I'm going to DM Lesnick and he's going to sue your rear end so hard you'll wish you were Mark Zuckerberg

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

All those quotes were jokes and hilarity and none of that represented the true Lesnick in any way, shape, or form, and you're a cuntiflas for even insinuating otherwise. I hope you have a good lawyer because I'm going to DM Lesnick and he's going to sue your rear end so hard you'll wish you were Mark Zuckerberg

Well he'll have to beat Chris to the punch. Chris is apparently going to sue me (and the other /refunds mods!) for saying mean things about his video game, and I have it on good authority from my team of high powered attorneys that that means Ben can't also sue me because he also works for CIG and that would be double jeopardy.

Unless they really are firing him :ohdear:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

For those of you that honestly want Derek freed, this isn't the right place to be posting about it anyway. I literally don't have the power to do that. You should be talking to the admins, in the concern QCS subforum.

Just don't report Old School Commando when he finally registers here.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

CrazyLoon posted:

Please make a new thread there. Pleasepleaseplease. :pray: :allears: :pray:

Those who want him freed should post in his forums. Maybe his forum's activity can then match that of the average SC streamer channel.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I bet Ben got the stash of moneys to bury for the RoBears in case everything goes south in next months (or when the lawsuit moves forward).

No one will suspect the fatty.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

reverend crabhands posted:

It's just British mannerisms, I would not take the "I'm sorry" literally, as a genuine apology.

It's literally the conversational equivalent of 'Bless your heart', which again is normal human for, 'No, you're absolutely wrong, and where-ever did you get that strange notion'.

English English has a subtext, supertext and a side-narrative. Also 'gently caress' is punctuation.

I'm filling time with contempt.

edit: Also have LTI, so come at me bros.

Hav fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 16, 2018

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Same farm as Derek.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Star Citizer: Ben Fat, So What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016