Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SiKboy posted:

Okay, I think I need to finally get around to Horizon: Zero Dawn, I've been meaning to for ages and I have a bit of time before Kiwami 2 comes out, having finished God Of War*. My question is; Theres a £10 difference between buying the game and buying the "complete edition". As far as I can tell the difference is only 1 DLC. So essentially, is the DLC good? Designed as late game content, mid game or integrated throughout?

The DLC is late- or even post-game but very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

SiKboy posted:

Okay, I think I need to finally get around to Horizon: Zero Dawn, I've been meaning to for ages and I have a bit of time before Kiwami 2 comes out, having finished God Of War*. My question is; Theres a £10 difference between buying the game and buying the "complete edition". As far as I can tell the difference is only 1 DLC. So essentially, is the DLC good? Designed as late game content, mid game or integrated throughout?

The Horizon DLC is solid. It's completely integrated into the story and you can technically get there very early on but the difficulty level is significantly harder than the main campaign so it's intended to be played at or near the end. The only immediately recognizable difference is that you get access to a fourth skill tree that has some nice QoL improvements to the game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is there any way to up my rate of getting Mist Echoes in Niflheim?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm new to yakuza but it almost seems like a spiritual successor to shenmue from what I know about both games. Hottest take?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm new to yakuza but it almost seems like a spiritual successor to shenmue from what I know about both games. Hottest take?

Gone Home is the spiritual successor to Shenmue.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

If I ever play the full game over, not ng,+ I would go there as early as I can to try and get the modable spear. Which would be huge for rest of the game

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Some folks draw this parallel a lot. This is a take of medium heat.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sell off the crafting materials.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

beep by grandpa posted:

Kind of but not really because all characters in shenmue, including you, had daily schedules and individual buildings had crazy levels of interactivity. Yakuza does nail the virtual tourist in Japan feel though. Plus it has an arcade and vending machines.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I've always enjoyed the theory that Yakuza is an alternate timeline to Shenmue that diverged at the end of 2 where Ryo realized how over his head he was and came back to Japan and eventually became a yakuza.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

beep by grandpa posted:

In some aspects but not others

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Deadly Premonition was the actual successor to Shenmue :twisted:

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

The real question is, does Yakuza have any places where sailors hang out?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

TremorX posted:

Omonichi.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Man imagine the Yakuza team making a Deadly Premonition sequel :negative:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

TremorX posted:

Like 1/2 yakuza 6

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

TremorX posted:

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

The longer you go the more you get per treasure box. You can get 10k+ per run.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I wasn't too impressed by Nier Automata's gameplay loop but man the art direction and music was really strong. + the story and themes was very "auteur", it's a one of a kind experience that I'm glad I got to play.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

They somehow managed to improve on perfection in the unreleased soundtracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujJsJz7xvkQ&t=2697s

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Spite posted:

The longer you go the more you get per treasure box. You can get 10k+ per run.

Which means you need to first get all the stuff that lets you live more than ten seconds in the mist

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I read somewhere that you'll get more mist from chests the longer you'll stay alive.
So maybe don't loot the chests in the first room immediately.

Also, sell some of the resources you get at the Blacksmith in Nilfheim for additional Mist Echos.
Of course, you will need to farm them if needed later, but it should become easier once you get all the Mist Echo related upgrades first or open the chests in the treasure room.

That should get you to around 15-20k per run.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you want to super minmax it there's a certain order in which you're supposed to open the different types of chests in a room so the combo multiplier is most effective. I don't know what it is off the top of my head, though.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Least shiny to most shiny.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i think i just hit the point of no return in god of war the head says as much, gotta get his eye from the world serpent is it worth just finishing everything off before the end? midgard is at 86% completion, just worried the valkyrie and those two trial realms are gonna bring usual god of war bullshit my way, can i plat this in one run?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

There's really not a point of no return in GoW. You're never locked away from side content for long, even at the end. You'll want good equipment before you continue, but if you've done that much side stuff then you probably already have it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

All I ever wanted was car combat games. I don't even care who makes them.

Yeah! I still want Sony to reboot Twisted Metal again. It probably isn’t happening but I can hope. I loved the bones of the last one but there just wasn’t any meat to it. They should’ve waited and made it for the PS4.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I did everything there is to do before the end of God of War, which made the little post-ending sequences feel like sort of a wet fart because the game is like, "There are still things to do!" No bitch there aren't and I'm deleting this.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The last Valkyrie fight is very rapidly convincing me to play something else.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The last Valkyrie fight is very rapidly convincing me to play something else.

Detroit: Become Human?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Detroit: Become Human?

I tried the demo and meh. Even playing Heavy Rain for only 10 bucks was enough to sour me on David Cage permanently. The graphics in Detroit are great, except for that weird omnipresent effect in Cage games where characters look like they have mouthguards in. But having played Until Dawn, there's basically nothing Cage has to offer except for shockingly stupid writing.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I live in Detroit so I'm going to buy it because i want to see the locations they used

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
In Yakuza 0 zero can I lock myself out of content?

I'm in chapter 2 and it wants me to go to my apartment so I am just wandering around town finding small side quests and fights and things.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can't lock yourself out of anything. sub stories will always be available and even beating the game won't lock you out

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Cool, thanks.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
YaKiwami: I can't believe they've forced me to win at bowling again :argh:

On the plus side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoIrUEdPWyU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2lgnGDkos0

And I'm so glad they gave me a "Majima Sensor". Now I'm actively hunting him :D

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

idk if it's the same in kiwami, but you could consistently get a strike by aiming at the same place over and over in 0. check it out on youtube

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
It's nowhere as bullshit as the turkey from 0, you just gotta win a 3 Round Match against Majima, it's just that I got Nam Flashbacks when I realized I had to do it again

Samuringa fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 17, 2018

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yeah! I still want Sony to reboot Twisted Metal again. It probably isn’t happening but I can hope. I loved the bones of the last one but there just wasn’t any meat to it. They should’ve waited and made it for the PS4.

I'd happily take a good reboot, remake, or remaster of any of the following: Insterstate 76/82, Rogue Trip, Twisted Metal, Vigilante 8, Carmageddon, Destruction Derby.

vyst posted:

I live in Detroit so I'm going to buy it because i want to see the locations they used

This is the same reason that I'm getting Days Gone. The appeal of seeing bumfuck Oregon rendered in polygons cannot be overstated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

idk if it's the same in kiwami, but you could consistently get a strike by aiming at the same place over and over in 0. check it out on youtube

It’s easier in concept than execution, because the aim is timing based. I think the arrows move slower on the lighter balls than the heavier ones though.