Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

HebrewMagic posted:

Inhumans were essentially marvel trying to make new mutants not called mutants so they could put them in movies

Inhumans were around waaaay before Marvel movies were a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Deadpool is more like the Hulk or Captain America. He got his powers through science fuckery rather than birth.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Lager posted:

Deadpool is more like the Hulk or Captain America. He got his powers through science fuckery rather than birth.

Is the movie an accurate representation of how he gets his powers in the comics? Because in the movie, it just seems like they torture him so badly that powers just kind of appear out of nowhere. Which would imply to me something was already in there, because that doesn't really make much sense. Was he injected with Wolverine mojo or something?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
When are we getting Imperfects representation

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

thrawn527 posted:

Is the movie an accurate representation of how he gets his powers in the comics? Because in the movie, it just seems like they torture him so badly that powers just kind of appear out of nowhere. Which would imply to me something was already in there, because that doesn't really make much sense. Was he injected with Wolverine mojo or something?

The comics are pretty much "Weapon X Did It" with no more explanation

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
At some point didn't they say that the fuckery did some weird poo poo cause of cancer and that's why he's covered in supercancer but it doesn't kill him? I can't remember if that's from one of the various comics or movies.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

In the comics he was basically given Wolverine's healing factor yeah. In the movie they injected him with some serum before torturing him to activate the serum and see if he had any potential powers. That might be closer to mutant but eh.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Well for the sake of movie licensing, Deadpool is part of the X-Men universe of characters and thus owned by Fox. Disney has agreed to buy Fox, but that hasn't gone through yet.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Deadpool is one of those characters who is associated with the X-Men corner of the universe, but isn't himself a Mutant. See also Juggernaut.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So is the maintenance over? I still have the notification..

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

New Leaf posted:

So is the maintenance over? I still have the notification..

No it hasn’t happened yet, as of 2:50 eastern time (50 minutes late). Was late last time too.

Poor Distraction
Jan 16, 2006
Maintenance finally started and the update just hit the App Store.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Poor Distraction posted:

Maintenance finally started and the update just hit the App Store.

I'm not seeing the update, but I see the maintenance..

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

CALEB IS THE SECOND CHAR YAYY!!!!!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Looks like the same thing as the thanos drop so let’s get raiding

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I don't actually see the Deadpool raid as a thing yet..

Edit: Nevermind, something just "clicked" in my game and all the Deadpool stuff woke up.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 16, 2018

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Just did a Blitz against someone with an Iron Man on his team.

How's that even possible?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Umbra Dubium posted:

Just did a Blitz against someone with an Iron Man on his team.

How's that even possible?

Blitz isn't always a player team, sometimes you fight bots whose name will be Commander-[string of numbers].

other than that maybe hes a huge whale :shrug:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
God I just got started with the deadpool missions and by god I am so in love with his dialogue. He even takes a potshot at the language filters after you beat the poo poo out of him, it's just glorious. :allears:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Holy poo poo, he can target dudes behind taunt? Time to re-cosmic another Canadian.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kemix posted:

God I just got started with the deadpool missions and by god I am so in love with his dialogue. He even takes a potshot at the language filters after you beat the poo poo out of him, it's just glorious. :allears:

He truly is the best.

Caleb and DP are the best.

For my Marvel gamers out there: Let’s get qualifyin for Cabin Boy!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Kemix posted:

It's nice, but it's just such a huge step down from having an actual voice-over artist with tons of recorded lines like MH :(
Still, I've only played the first couple fights and it's the first intro sequence to actually hold my attention so I know I won't skip anything.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

Blitz isn't always a player team, sometimes you fight bots whose name will be Commander-[string of numbers].

other than that maybe hes a huge whale :shrug:

IM isn't directly whaleable, since his event hasn't hit since release, only beta players have him.

He's indirectly whaleable since you need 5x 5* SHIELD characters to unlock him, but you can't just buy his stuff.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

CALEB IS THE SECOND CHAR YAYY!!!!!

Can't wait to get Caleb.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
My game still says the maintenance is going on, is it doing the same for everyone else?

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Mine’s doing that too. It loaded to 42% for a bit and then crapped out to maintenance

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: Blitz Protocol :ducksiren:

Goons—

With Deadpool and his friend Caleb here, all of us need to maximize accumulating Blitz tickets (chimis) for the raid. I want us all to get a big and strong Wade, so here’s my easy guide to follow. Thank you to guys like swarms and suprfli who offer a lot of insight in both discords. I took notes guys.

1) Since we are focused on chimis, don’t use your Blitz Tickets too heavily. Go into Thursday-Sunday spending your tickets. 500 Blitz tickets is the most you can save. You get 100 a day via dailies. Challenge days give you more. If you already have 500 tickets, don’t claim any daily rewards until you are at 400 or lower!

2) Go through your whole roster and battle. If it says Battle, then Battle. Once you go through everybody, start destroying stuff with Blitz tickets. Personally, I use them on my first 2-3 teams. You can spend 25 per team, 3 times a day. After that, it goes to 50 tickets per team. Just don’t do that for the sake of this event.

3) Want to be very efficient? When your POWER outnumbers the other team, use your tickets on top teams. When your POWER doesn’t outnumber the other team, take some crap team in and lose. Then go back to your top team and crush weight.

4) The first days of any new Blitz is all about driving your multiplier high. Use 4 bottom teams, get the win and then use your top teams multiple times first day(s). I do this until I’m about Tier 5-7, just depending on how I feel. My favorite time to use a top team is the first two blips of a Tier. That’s when you are paired with the lower POWER teams.

5) Teams I avoid: I shy away from Drax. I hate him. I am careful about dual healer teams. My favorite team to fight has guys like Spidey, Punisher and DD mixed in. My team I freak out fighting is Drax, Quack, Xbones, Captain America, and Yondad. I skip those every time. If these chars are in any team I fight, I simply plan my attacks more. You’ll encounter these a lot at the top. Again, if I see a team with Punisher, Punisher and/or Spidey and just one tank...I fight those every single time.

6) Lastly, start pumping up your teams for this event. Let’s maximize our chimis we can get from Blitz and ask questions in discord and here! We are all here to help. I finish in the 200,000s every Blitz that’s a char and about 120,000 in Orb Blitz. I don’t know how it compares to others but I have a system I like and I am always 1-10%.

7) Super Lastly: Rank Gamora up to the moon. Don’t use Night Nurse as a game changer in Blitz (she’s tops in Raids) and bring a tank. Gamora and a tank crush the hell out of NFL Blitz.

Additional Notes via swarms

“When planning Blitz teams, try and use a team of people around the same power. Teams with vast power differences will find themselves up against enemies they just can't beat quite rapidly.

As ICR says first day is about using everyone to get up to the your farming tier, this is a tier you can use your 2-3 top teams to farm endlessly and then use some poo poo team you haven't used yet to drop back to farming tier.

When tiering up use worse teams on the early stages of a tier as these are easier. By worse teams I do not mean lower power teams, I mean your teams without synergy, or teams you have assembled out of your left overs with massive power gaps or teams that are just using poo poo characters. You'll prob have to send in a better team to beat the 4th stage of a tier, this is fine. As you go up in tier you will find only your stronger teams can win. This is when you start spending those blitz tokens on the 25 cost refresh.

The very first match of tier 1 can literally be done by just grabbing 5 level 1 characters. Do this. It's a free win. It might not get you many points but it means a better team will have a higher multiplier which is more points in the long run.

Tried a team out and they didn't work out? Force close the game before you lose. This will stop you from losing a tier, meaning you keep your multiplier, meaning you just saved 4 refreshes to get to your tier goal.

Does this sound super time consuming? It is! But it gets me top 500 when I put the effort in.”

At the end of the day, I’m here to help my crew dominate this raid. And so, here’s a basic guide for you. Let’s get qualifyin for cabin boy!

Feedback is always appreciated. Good luck qualifyin’ and helping your alliance do as much Deadpool as possible!

ICR fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 16, 2018

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Diabetic posted:

My game still says the maintenance is going on, is it doing the same for everyone else?

Yeah, game broke, maintenance message came back. It was really buggy, kept crashing.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Pretty good guide. For once, DO believe his lies.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Diabetic posted:

I got in earlier but now it says maintenance again. Perfect timing since I got the notification of full camapign energy and its my 2nd refresh :downs:

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
When planning Blitz teams, try and use a team of people around the same power. Teams with vast power differences will find themselves up against enemies they just can't beat quite rapidly.

As ICR says first day is about using everyone to get up to the your farming tier, this is a tier you can use your 2-3 top teams to farm endlessly and then use some poo poo team you haven't used yet to drop back to farming tier.

When tiering up use worse teams on the early stages of a tier as these are easier. By worse teams I do not mean lower power teams, I mean your teams without synergy, or teams you have assembled out of your left overs with massive power gaps or teams that are just using poo poo characters. You'll prob have to send in a better team to beat the 4th stage of a tier, this is fine. As you go up in tier you will find only your stronger (again, not necessarily higher power as the enemy scales to meet you) teams can win. This is when you start spending those blitz tokens on the 25 cost refresh.

The very first match of tier 1 can literally be done by just grabbing 5 level 1 characters. Do this. It's a free win. It might not get you many points but it means a better team will have a higher multiplier which is more points in the long run.

Tried a team out and they didn't work out? Force close the game before you lose. This will stop you from losing a tier, meaning you keep your multiplier, meaning you just saved 4 refreshes to get to your tier goal.

Does this sound super time consuming? It is! But it gets me top 500 when I put the effort in.

Theswarms fucked around with this message at 23:45 on May 16, 2018

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Eh, guess I can just go to sleep then. Hopefully it's stable when I wake in between 3 to 12 hours.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

So I guess That's no Goon is dead. Any goon alliances have room? I'm 55 strongest team like 60k. I play daily but don't hit the 600 cap on days i work usually cause i work 12 hour days. Ill mooch raids without having the time to contribute sometimes. Not on discord but do chat in chat.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
My game keeps getting stuck at 43% loading after multiple restarts. What a buggy update.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Sneeing Emu posted:

My game keeps getting stuck at 43% loading after multiple restarts. What a buggy update.

The game was lagging like poo poo so they had to take the servers down again

edit: they appear to be back up?

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 17, 2018

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Sucks because all these issues made it so I couldn't play my final two arena matches that I save for just before the reset so I lost a bunch of rank.

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 17, 2018

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

poo poo is still buggy as gently caress. Game locks every time I try to equip gear.

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012
Oh boy, I thought the grunting voice lines were just for Deadpool. They sound really bad on anyone else.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Those patch notes are a joke. The same poo poo happened with 1.1. Some of those bullet points seem like they could be fixed in minutes.

Drax’s taunt indicator has been fixed. No more mystery taunts! - seems like it could be fixed in minutes

The Infinity War event is over and Thanos has been vanquished... for now. The home screen has returned to the standard S.T.R.I.K.E. user interface.*. - Deactivating an event is a bullet point?

Disabling Global Chat in Options will now save that setting in between sessions. - another 5 minute fix?

I mean 5 minutes might be cutting it a bit low, but this shouldn't take one person longer than a day to knock out. Is this company tiny? Poorly managed? I mean Jesus christ I have played a good amount of mobile games and the 'updates' that they roll out are shameful in content.

Also its a 24mb patch and you have to redownload like all of the art assets in the game as well.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 14:16 on May 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zotix posted:

Also its a 24mb patch and you have to redownload like all of the art assets in the game as well.

Yeah this. What the gently caress... it’s redowloading all kinds of poo poo!

• Locked thread