Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Pendent posted:

This is really similar to what I'm shooting for I think:

I think the black+leadbelcher is probably a good bet but I have some doubts about my ability to maintaining a consistent color when I'm mixing like that. I suppose it would probably be a good way for me to expand my painting abilities a bit htough.

that looks like a black basecoat with a grey drybrushing

but yea, try expanding your paints outside of the citadel range

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Booyah- posted:

Are those the Alchemy paints? I'm not sure if they're meant to be mixed or are just colored metallics to stand on their own.

I think the alchemy paints are specific paints that come in each set that are meant to be mixed in with the others for different tones.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Booyah- posted:

Are those the Alchemy paints? I'm not sure if they're meant to be mixed or are just colored metallics to stand on their own.

I mix the alchemy paints with the metals sometimes and like the effect.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I just paint with them, but I guess mixing them with other stuff would just be like mixing any two colors. Scale 75 does have amazing inks that you can use to color metal in other ways

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Skirmish folks: Are you playing on a 4x4 or 3x3 surface? I got a guy at work interested and we're going to try to knock some games out at lunch at work at some point.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/17/17th-may-faction-focus-ironjawzgw-homepage-post-3/

Faction focus Ironjawz along with a tiny bit of details on one of the new spell models.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'd be way more interested in these faction focuses if there were new models for the factions. I can count what the Ironjawz have on both hands.

The spell looks kinda interesting I guess, not the most inspired effect but it seems like it should be a pretty straightforward effect judging solely by the token's appearance. Guess we gotta wait for them to drag out the reveal even more.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I'd love it if they would actually loving tell you something new or concretely different about the faction they're supposedly highlighting.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

S.J. posted:

I'd love it if they would actually loving tell you something new or concretely different about the faction they're supposedly highlighting.

All the later factions have really distinctive identities and abilities and all the earlier ones don't. I bet the Kharadron or Idoneth focuses will be way more interesting to read than, say, Sylvaneth or Free Peoples.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Anyone had a play around with the Scourge Privateers? Found a few old spruces of Corsairs and a Fleetmaster and thought what the hell, may as well turn my Daughters into a pan-Edgelord coalition.

Did a headswap and got rid of the dumb pick-axe for a proper pirate hook. Thinking of calling her Say'lah Bleakmoon.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

The Deleter posted:

All the later factions have really distinctive identities and abilities and all the earlier ones don't. I bet the Kharadron or Idoneth focuses will be way more interesting to read than, say, Sylvaneth or Free Peoples.

if their basic troop box costs less than 50 bucks then they arent gonna put much effort into it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It took a while but I'm glad for everyone that GW figured out where they're going with sigmar.

Also the inclusion of lady and black sigmarines is genuinely cool.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

More Lady Stormcasts, please.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Endman posted:

More Lady Stormcasts, please.

:hai:

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Am I the only one who sees an angry magic pac-man?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
No, and that makes it better.

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS
Our club is already discussing a special battle plan involving a single warchanter being chased by rainbow colored nighthaunts, who has to get to warscrolls to summon that thing (which also for some reason turns the nighthaunts blue)

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So command abilities require command points which you get from battalions or from saving up over the turns:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/18/18th-may-rules-preview-command-abilities-and-command-pointsgw-homepage-post-2/

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Oh dear, I was going to use a lot of command abilities each turn! I'm curious to see how this will alter how units that allowed multiple command abilities.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

TKIY posted:

So command abilities require command points which you get from battalions or from saving up over the turns:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/18/18th-may-rules-preview-command-abilities-and-command-pointsgw-homepage-post-2/

Good stuff. I've only played a few games and I'm loving all these changes. I hated to see some of my Skaven Warlords do nothing but be decent fighters and the neat Command abilities go to waste.

Just give me some kind of character protection rules and I'm completely on board with this.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Please no generic reroll ability

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Crazy Ferret posted:

Good stuff. I've only played a few games and I'm loving all these changes. I hated to see some of my Skaven Warlords do nothing but be decent fighters and the neat Command abilities go to waste.

Just give me some kind of character protection rules and I'm completely on board with this.

Not shooting out of combat will help characters survive already.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

TKIY posted:

Not shooting out of combat will help characters survive already.

Indeed. There's not much in the game that can even attempt to snipe a backline unit without coming into charge range of the front line, and once they're charged they'll be stuck on that unit for however long it takes. Trying to snipe heroes will probably be a lot riskier in 2E.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Luminaflare posted:

this is what i saw

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
That spells makes it seem like they're gonna be real strong.. I hope they don't overdo it.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Imagine they'll have a high-rear end cast roll, possibly even a points cost.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
And likely you’ll get a chance to dispel each turn their on the table.

Or better yet, a choice to try and dispel or try and take control of it.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 18, 2018

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Luminaflare posted:

I'm gonna paint that thing bright yellow and nobody can stop me.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Excited that Pac Man is going to punish my foes for getting a double turn.

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
Why is it so hard for me to find Skeletons in stores?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Which skeletons, the basic vampire troops? It's a hella old kit and not in demand.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
oh word?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

TerraGoetia posted:

Why is it so hard for me to find Skeletons in stores?

The new Skeleton they did when they did all the new kits for Vampire Counts are really nice, but I have only seen them in the start collecting Skeleton Horde box in a physical store these days.

Still off put by the 16 model "horde" box. Skeletons and zombies are the only reason to buy something from Mantic those. They do a not poo poo job at them, so easily the best things they make.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

They repackaged the skeleton warriors and other Death stuff for the LoN release and it’s been randomly selling out since then around here.

I imagine that it’s also hard to justify keeping a bunch of shelf space for $25 skeletons when there’s a bunch of good murder and fish elves that cost twice as much they want to stock.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
What’d be the best oval base for a Black Dragon?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Also, Slaanesh faction focus: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/19/19th-may-faction-focus-hosts-of-slaaneshgw-homepage-post-3/

Having Slaanesh that close to Shadespire seems like a good idea, won't go wrong there.

Depravity points sound cool and flavourful.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Danimo posted:

I imagine that it’s also hard to justify keeping a bunch of shelf space for $25 skeletons when there’s a bunch of good murder and fish elves that cost twice as much they want to stock.

this is the actual reason

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
Got in my like 3rd or 4th game ever.

1250 points with RatsRatsRats fighting Undersea Elves.

Man, the Deepkin have just the neatest aesthetic I've seen in a while. That mixture of Dark Elves and Atlantis is just a smart combo. Shame that it did not matter when my Warlock Engineers were rolling hot and were lightning blasting everything off the board. One group of Namarti Thralls did not even make it into combat between one Overcharged Warp Lightning rolling a 6 mortal wounds and my Warp Lightning Cannon dealing the last 4 mortal wounds. The floating shark looks cool and would probably tear into a heavily armored unit nicely, but 40 Clanrats who do not care about morale, just held it in place while the Engineers and Grey Seer reloaded and blasted it off the board.

It was kind of a running theme of the game. Clanrats held things in place and waited for things to come up and blast the baddies they were fighting. Finally got to use Stormvermin who were freaking scary on the charge but started bleeding models quickly once they got stuck in. They really want to kill whatever they are fighting as they do not have much defense at all.

I had serious battleshock issues in my first few games. I took a Grey Seer with the Crown of Command that really made the difference. The +4 save to Battleshock losses were nice and being to able do that with the Inspired Bravery a few times really gave me an edge, especially since my Stormvermin could shrug off their losses.

I'm really getting taken by this game. I did not think it would be this fun but I'm enjoying the loose movement and brutal combat. I'm really excited for the updated rules.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
New preview has the character protection. Non monster heroes are -1 to hit if within 3" of friendly units.

Seems reasonable simple and fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

They're also selling all the shadespire warbands without the cards and giving them rules for use in AoS. They don't seem too awful, either.

• Locked thread