Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That was 11 straight. New record?
:synpa:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
New ATV preview on Kiosk Interface improvements + a new Ship Shape about the Vanduul Blade.

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/996895746917109760

1) I hope the Vanduul Blade requires players to use the ceremonial spiky sticksword of tribal Vanduul leaders to start the ignition. Preferably with the player looking at the spiky sticksword and engaging an inner though interface written entirely in Vanduul because realism.

2) “Where we’re currently at is probably the most exciting part. We have base functionality already working...” (In year 6, base functionality of the revised shopping kiosks are a go... the gameplay possibilities are endless!!!)

G0RF fucked around with this message at 03:07 on May 17, 2018

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

G0RF posted:

New ATV preview on Kiosk Interface improvements + a new Ship Shape about the Vanduul Blade.

Isn't this the second or third ATV about Kiosk UI improvements?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
what's your problem with windows 95 sheesh talk about holding a grudge

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Tokamak posted:

Isn't this the second or third ATV about Kiosk UI improvements?

At least.

So now we’re due for the 4th episode on the sounds of Squadron. Or maybe an in-depth look (for the 6th time) at Ship Pipeline refinements. Or a return to mess hall animations and that procedurally scattered tableware Erris was so jazzed about...

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

big nipples big life posted:

He was the mocap model for the moons.

I laughed.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

G0RF posted:

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/996895746917109760

1) I hope the Vanduul Blade requires players to use the ceremonial spiky sticksword of tribal Vanduul leaders to start the ignition. Preferably with the player looking at the spiky sticksword and engaging an inner though interface written entirely in Vanduul because realism.

2) “Where we’re currently at is probably the most exciting part. We have base functionality already working...” (In year 6, base functionality of the revised shopping kiosks are a go... the gameplay possibilities are endless!!!)

Star Citizer: The shopping kiosk is obviously important for immersion

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Hobold posted:

Quick! Thread Intern! Get this to Chris, so maybe we can see a REAL engine switch happen before this whole project sinks beneath the sand, like that stupid worm did.

Didn't the sand worm glitch out and disappear on the live demo?
Yeah, I really don't remember it burrowing again in the sand.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
I hope one day to learn Michael Avenatti is Derek's lawyer friend...

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Reddit discussion here

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

Where were you on the day of the Final Banning???

Did you feel a tingle in your spine? Like the feeling of a million random words suddenly all shouting out in unison and then growing silent as they became a blog post?

I felt like an astigmatic Eye of Sauron tried to focus entirely on me but got distracted by a reflection of itself.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?

hey this thread has gotten terrible.

anything good and new?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Inkel posted:

You've been around long enough so I'm going to assume you know what warbond purchases and LTI are.

This latest concept ship went on sale with a warbond version that was $100 cheaper, included LTI (only the warbond version featured LTI), and came with a bonus concept tank jpeg.

Thanks! I knew I was missing something. :)

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

So a non-fidelity physics based skyship MMO game enters true early access today on steam. They've even got a real roadmap where actual progress is made! of course they're having issues with having more than five big ships in one area but at least you can actually blow these ships apart bit by bit.

Raskolnikov posted:

New trailer! It's going to be in game eventually too which should help set the tone for new players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPGpW5ZGfzw&t=1s

I'm very confused that they didn't try and sell me a specific ship from the trailer though. Send help!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Look if the game doesn’t force you to spend at least $275 on a .jpeg how will you know to care about the ship when the actual game comes out?

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I remember when the Kickstarter happened and I thought it was insane that they were selling ships for $600.

Now every new ship is in the $400-$800 range.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

AbstractNapper posted:

Didn't the sand worm glitch out and disappear on the live demo?
Yeah, I really don't remember it burrowing again in the sand.

I honestly have no idea. I don't think I even ever saw that demo. I was more referring to the fact its all but vanished.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

Look if the game doesn’t force you to spend at least $275 on a .jpeg how will you know to care about the ship when the actual game comes out?

How am I supposed too know if my gaming experience is valuable without a monetary figure attached to everything I do? It's probably a bad findom sim. I'll stick with Star citizen after all!

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Leaderboard-derived EA module numbers are coming back down off their 3.1-induced highs.

Average concurrent players for the past ~8 days | Approximate unique players per day:

Star Marine: 8.2 | 319.6
Arena Commander: 8.0 | 166.7
Murray Cup: 0.8 | 34.8

Overall: 17.0 | 444.0

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Raskolnikov posted:

So a non-fidelity physics based skyship MMO game enters true early access today on steam. They've even got a real roadmap where actual progress is made! of course they're having issues with having more than five big ships in one area but at least you can actually blow these ships apart bit by bit.

I'm very confused that they didn't try and sell me a specific ship from the trailer though. Send help!

How much of this game is sandboxy building of your ship and running around solo a-la minecraft survival mode, and how much is getting wrecked by shitheels who hang out at the starting zone using their gold plated thundercocks to swat newbies?

I like the airship concept and I wouldn't mind noodling around, but I am not really interested in the anarcho-pvp eve model of mmo.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

NoMas posted:

hey this thread has gotten terrible.

anything good and new?
Lmbo what

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
GrayHeadedGamer having box trouble

https://clips.twitch.tv/FastSpoopyWoodpeckerBibleThump

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
LAURESH

I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE

WE NEED TO TALK

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Also, this is McDavid collar-bone blood.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Sarsapariller posted:

How much of this game is sandboxy building of your ship and running around solo a-la minecraft survival mode, and how much is getting wrecked by shitheels who hang out at the starting zone using their gold plated thundercocks to swat newbies?

I like the airship concept and I wouldn't mind noodling around, but I am not really interested in the anarcho-pvp eve model of mmo.

Honestly it depends on the random starter island you get dumped on and if you pick the more popular servers. But yes it is open pvp. If you know what you're doing it's pretty easy to escape from but as a noobie a devoted bunch of griefers could really ruin your day. I wish I had a better answer than that right now. I'm meeting with the developers today and I'm going to be bringing up new player experience and social tools when it's appropriate.

As far as sandbox solo fun? There's a ton of it, but that's because I really have played the game too much already. I can bounce back from losing my ships over and over to players, bugs or the most common one: my own stupidity.

My favorite part is all the hundreds of islands in the game are hand crafted by the community so each new place you come across has it's own unique feel. I've made a couple too and I hope to see more in game soon.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 08:20 on May 17, 2018

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
On a slightly less serious note, DaGaimez is going to be on AstroPub tomorrow (Saturday) 5/19 @ 6pm EDT. I've told him to take those guys to task.

It should be an interesting watch.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Bootcha posted:

LAURESH

I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE

WE NEED TO TALK

I'll put up the bat signal.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Bootcha posted:

On a slightly less serious note, DaGaimez is going to be on AstroPub tomorrow (Saturday) 5/19 @ 6pm EDT. I've told him to take those guys to task.

It should be an interesting watch.

thanks for catering to us content locusts

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
does anyone know what happened to ben

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Alan Smithee posted:

does anyone know what happened to ben

he ate all the state's groceries. he moves to the next state

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Golli posted:

In latest hot legal action - Vox Media requested an audio transcript of the protective order hearing yesterday. They requested a transcript (no audio) on 5/11.

So, Polygon preparing their initial stalwart defence?

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Raskolnikov posted:

I read all of this as KIOSK

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Like a costco galactus

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

AutismVaccine posted:

he ate all the state's groceries. he moves to the next state is inexorably drawn across space to him

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

lol

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

What a magnificent big black rooster!