Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Hobo on Fire posted:

Since you never specifically mentioned that you were, were you activating the mods in MO? Checking the boxes for the mods on the left side of the screen and on the plugins list on the right?

Yes. They were also present and active in the load order within MO2, they just didn't load into the game. I googled a bit and there was talk about MO2 or F4 not reading the correct inis in some versions, not sure if that was it. I was using the latest version of everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Something I ran into with MO2 was making sure it was trying to run the correct *launcher* - there's a dropdown menu on the right side, and you can select between F4SE, vanilla FO4, and... modded FO4 without F4SE I think, I know I was using it after FO4 patches but before F4SE updated, my poo poo mostly seemed to work I guess.

But if you switched to just FO4 for some reason and weren't paying attention when trying to fiddle your mods.... :suicide:

<- dumbass :v:

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Anybody here upgraded from Horizon 1.48 to 1.5 in a current playthrough? I'm wondering if I should risk it or just keep playing the current version.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I was planning to just figure out how many things I had then console it back to myself, more or less. Reading the notes it sounds like enough changed this time to make a restart worthwhile even though I'm hours in.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah based on the number of fundamental changes it seems like a restart is the best plan if you upgrade.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Does anyone have a link to the horizon patch notes. The Nexus page refers to a forum post, but that hasn't been updated since last year

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Does anyone have a link to the horizon patch notes. The Nexus page refers to a forum post, but that hasn't been updated since last year

You see that post that links to the forum? The post below that. Expand the spoiler tag(s).

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
is there something like the FNV signature weapons mod for f4? use gun more, make gun better?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

botany posted:

is there something like the FNV signature weapons mod for f4? use gun more, make gun better?

I just asked this exact question like 3 pages ago and the answer seemed to be no... but good luck!

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Kharmakazy posted:

I just asked this exact question like 3 pages ago and the answer seemed to be no... but good luck!

oh, i didn't see that. pity!

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
I'm a big stupid and I can't figure out how to level up my workshop technology level in Horizon. Someone hold my hand and tell me what I'm missing.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Do you mean the settler crafting perks, the architect perk or the trailblazer perk?

Settler crafting perks: Complete missions from the command table for each category.

Architect perk: Get more settlers (alot more!)

Trailblazer Perk: Get more 'successful' settlements (15+ settlers at 70+ :) each)

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Nevets posted:

Do you mean the settler crafting perks, the architect perk or the trailblazer perk?

Settler crafting perks: Complete missions from the command table for each category.

Architect perk: Get more settlers (alot more!)

Trailblazer Perk: Get more 'successful' settlements (15+ settlers at 70+ :) each)

No, I mean the workshop technology level. Trailblazer and architect perks are out in 1.5x.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

boneration posted:

I'm a big stupid and I can't figure out how to level up my workshop technology level in Horizon. Someone hold my hand and tell me what I'm missing.

Tech Lab > Workshop Upgrades. Get your skill(s) to the level it wants to unlock it, then craft it. You'll get an item in the Aid tab to use that will upgrade the tech level. Same thing for trading level.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

FrostyJones posted:

Tech Lab > Workshop Upgrades. Get your skill(s) to the level it wants to unlock it, then craft it. You'll get an item in the Aid tab to use that will upgrade the tech level. Same thing for trading level.

Ah gently caress, thanks. I assumed he'd rolled the tech lab into his multibenches under Architect.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

boneration posted:

Ah gently caress, thanks. I assumed he'd rolled the tech lab into his multibenches under Architect.

Those multibenches do have the tech lab, but they're additions, not replacements. You can still make all those stations individually, though it is awfully convenient to be able to smash down two things and have every crafting bench you need.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
So I'm re-installing FO4. The OP looks like it's not been updated in a while. Any suggestions for what I should download to try and make this trainwreck of a game a little less tragic?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

E-Tank posted:

So I'm re-installing FO4. The OP looks like it's not been updated in a while. Any suggestions for what I should download to try and make this trainwreck of a game a little less tragic?

Horizon and its recommended mods

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I did it. I've finally hit the plugin limit. Now I need to figure out how to merge all these loving VIS patches into one giant one, preferably automatically, so that I don't lose my loving mind.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
Anyone know if Horizon overrides the default salvage station/crop harvest behaviour, where the game stops settlers from salvaging/harvesting when there's more than a hundred or so things in the workbench?

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

boneration posted:

Anyone know if Horizon overrides the default salvage station/crop harvest behaviour, where the game stops settlers from salvaging/harvesting when there's more than a hundred or so things in the workbench?

Well it definitely ignores it for crops because that's on its own system, but I don't think it does for scrap. It gives you much better tools for collecting it, though.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Boom, a selection of interesting mods from the Nexus slam dunked down into the thread. Man two days since the last post?

Faction Synth Uniforms adds a bunch of Institute themed uniforms that represent all the labs.

Raider Concept Art Outfit another concept art Raider outfit. Vanilla for men, CBBE for women.

Armored Brotherhood Greatcoat looks good.

Umbrella Helmets why get wet?

LC-1 Laser Carbine a nice looking sci-fi laser carbine that isn't too lore unfriendly looking.

Actually Viable Junk Jet adds more mods to the weapon that brings it up to late game heavy weapon standards.

NUKA JET (Mini Nuke Launcher) a modified Junk Jet that just shoots mini nukes.

Random Valuables shakes things up by swapping and replacing the static valuable items around the Commonwealth for those who want to be surprised when looking for stuff again.

MTs-255 Revolver Shotgun it is a shotgun with a revolver! looks pretty nice.

Chiappa Rhino Revolver for those who want more sci-fi looking pistol weaponry.

CROSS_Cryolance adds a lore friendly ice themed laser cannon based on the games other ice laser weapon.

5MM Bastard Carbine adds a lore friendly carbine rifle weapon using stock in game assets. Nuka World and FH DLC are needed.

No Puzzles For Old Synths gives you the holotapes in advance to complete the DIMA puzzle in Far Harbor.

Marked For Termination adds a Terminator themed companion and adversary to stalk you through the Commonwealth.

Death Matters adds an old school system of having to return to your dead body with your character to get your stuff back.

Savior Soda adds the save game mechanic from Kingdom Come. You now only save chugging soda pop.

Accurate Hip Fire Removes the hip fire penalty on all weapons (Including Sniper Rifles).

SyntheticZombies adds a tier of Synthetic units with muscle mass....but not skin.

Quiet Diamond City Marketplace stops the NPC's bugging you to buy their stuff constantly.

Pull The Pin model edit, all grenade items now have the pin removed form the model when they are thrown.

Commonwealth Carriages basically the lore friendly carriage system for Skyrim, motorized vehicles will transport you between settlements for 100 caps a ride.

B.O.G. Idiot Savant Expands the perk greatly so it gives you bonuses in other fields.

Nerd Rage True Damage Reduction makes the nerd rage perk set worth it.

10mm Pistol Reanimation Pack replacement animations for 1st and 3rd person.

Werefull's Realistic Blood Mod makes gore effects less video game.

Acid Rain makes the rain give you rads.

Wealthier Commonwealth tweaks and shakes things up with the loot lists of the game adding more worthwhile and varied stuff to chests, bodies and the world at large.

Consumables Balance Overhaul tweaks and tones game consumable items for Survival mode.

44 Pistol 3rd Person Animation Fix

Trouble Brewing Complete Quest is a fix that lets you complete that quest for good and removes it from your Pipboy.

Another Preston Garvey Institute Dialogue Loop Fix - All Factions If you do not issue the emergency evacuation order prior to detonating the bomb inside the Institute, Preston Garvey has a crisis of conscience that results in a continual dialogue loop. This mod fixes the dialogue loop.

Plasma Cycler Level List Fix a fine fix for a good mod gun.

Gore Bag Renamer renames all the Super Mutant loot spots to their Fallout 3 counterparts.

Simply Lowered Draw Bridges lowers down all the raised bridges around the Commonwealth now.

First Aid Kid Replacer turns the model into what it looked like Fallout 3/FNV.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

SeanBeansShako posted:

Commonwealth Carriages basically the lore friendly carriage system for Skyrim, motorized vehicles will transport you between settlements for 100 caps a ride.

Clicked, saw m150, downloaded.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
SO I'm trying to setup Mod Organizer 2 and whenever I go to download a mod it says Login Failed, and I can't login again through MO. Can I just use MO1 instead of 2 for Fallout 4 if there isn't a quick fix for this?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Arcsquad12 posted:

SO I'm trying to setup Mod Organizer 2 and whenever I go to download a mod it says Login Failed, and I can't login again through MO. Can I just use MO1 instead of 2 for Fallout 4 if there isn't a quick fix for this?

Nope. MO1 cannot handle F4. Try resetting your Nexus password maybe?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

dragonshardz posted:

Nope. MO1 cannot handle F4. Try resetting your Nexus password maybe?

That didn't work either. Apparently Nexus did some change that came into effect a few days ago to comply with EU laws and it's been screwing with the Download with Manager button.
https://www.nexusmods.com/news/13481

EDIT: Redownloaded MO2 and now it's working. Weird issue.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 13, 2018

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

That didn't work either. Apparently Nexus did some change that came into effect a few days ago to comply with EU laws and it's been screwing with the Download with Manager button.
https://www.nexusmods.com/news/13481

EDIT: Redownloaded MO2 and now it's working. Weird issue.

There was an update to MO2 a few days ago that unfucked it, you were probably running an older version.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Terrorforge posted:

There was an update to MO2 a few days ago that unfucked it, you were probably running an older version.

Ran into that same issue and the update fixed it. Still no fix for the CC content breaking the ability to change load order in NMM though

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Looking for some good enb Recommendations. Something for natural lighting without going into desaturated hell or over saturated bloom

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Arcsquad12 posted:

Looking for some good enb Recommendations. Something for natural lighting without going into desaturated hell or over saturated bloom

Vogue is pretty much the old standby
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42/

For your Horizon players out there, I've got two questions.
1) Have any of you tried using Master Plan with it? I'd like to use the ramps mod but it has its own menu item and having two things edit the settlement menus is generally bad news, was wondering if anyone had attempted it

2) What the hell is workshop technology level and how does one increase it

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Can't say I've used Master Plan, but I've used other mods that add/mess with settlement menus without issue.

Workshop tech level is a general "upgrade level" for your settlement stuff, so that rather than being gated off behind specific perks there's now this one thing that can be unlocked in various ways. It unlocks certain buildings (like higher-level production facilities) and lets you put better guns on the upgradeable turret platforms and stuff. You raise it by crafting special Aid items in the Tech Lab under "workshop upgrades" and using them. There's no particular order, so just craft whichever one(s) you can when you can.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Don't be dumb like me and forget to use the items you craft

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Terrorforge posted:

Can't say I've used Master Plan, but I've used other mods that add/mess with settlement menus without issue.

Workshop tech level is a general "upgrade level" for your settlement stuff, so that rather than being gated off behind specific perks there's now this one thing that can be unlocked in various ways. It unlocks certain buildings (like higher-level production facilities) and lets you put better guns on the upgradeable turret platforms and stuff. You raise it by crafting special Aid items in the Tech Lab under "workshop upgrades" and using them. There's no particular order, so just craft whichever one(s) you can when you can.

Problem is I need tech 2 to make a tech lab, everything I've found to upgrade tech level all needs the tech lab, so I've got this 1->2 issue

I'll check over the perks I guess.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Azhais posted:

Problem is I need tech 2 to make a tech lab, everything I've found to upgrade tech level all needs the tech lab, so I've got this 1->2 issue

I'll check over the perks I guess.

No, that's only to make the combined sextuple workbenches from Architect. The standard Tech Lab is still available under the vanilla Crafting category with no requirements.

(Except a Toolkit which you normally craft in the Tech Lab, but they're now also available from the cooking station)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Terrorforge posted:

No, that's only to make the combined sextuple workbenches from Architect. The standard Tech Lab is still available under the vanilla Crafting category with no requirements.

(Except a Toolkit which you normally craft in the Tech Lab, but they're now also available from the cooking station)

I didn't even look in crafting, figured all of the horizon stuff was in architect's crafting menu.

I shall take a look! Thanks

Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010
Okay so I just killed trash can Carla on my ps4. Is there any mods where I can resurrect her?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
How do I progress in Horizon? I have an arm crippled, I spent all my caps I saved up to clear radiaiton which took 60% of my max health, and I get infections like a third of the time I go to sleep. Its basically a vertical slog that I can't really get through. any tips?

fakedit: I did figure out how to create bandages but that only solves a quarter of my problems.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Don't expect to run around at full health anymore. It's a resource like anything else. You've got some tools for dealing with things that chip away at it, like rad resist gear.

Take a moment to see what recipes you want to aim for at the chem and food stations, your first VANS perk gives you a pile of points you can use to really slingshot your character build for whatever angle you want.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

I'd generally consider the first time you play Horizon to be a test run. It takes a while to get a hang of the various systems you'll need to understand, and you can't hope to get it going smoothly on your first try.

Generally the best advice for what to actually do is to follow the main quest. And set up settlements, you'll really want crops and water to start, and eventually jobs and production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

buglord posted:

How do I progress in Horizon? I have an arm crippled, I spent all my caps I saved up to clear radiaiton which took 60% of my max health, and I get infections like a third of the time I go to sleep. Its basically a vertical slog that I can't really get through. any tips?

fakedit: I did figure out how to create bandages but that only solves a quarter of my problems.

Your first horizon character is probably throwaway. Learn your lessons, figure out the value of most things, kind of get yourself vaguely comfortable with how you will try to keep your health up, rads down, and your character fed/hydrated. Once you have that stuff kinda sorta figured out, re-roll and start over. Progression will feel super organic and natural if you have been playing videogames for over a decade. It's one of those deals where you flounder for a while, but once you get used to a game that has expectations of you, it actually isn't that bad, and ends up generally rewarding.

Stick with it, and just use the rest of your current playthrough to identify what are your biggest threats/problems. See if you can figure out an efficient way of dealing with them, be it through crafting, vendors, or gathering. Make notes of these things. When you think you have a grasp on managing resources, re-roll and you won't have any problems with the progression again. it's really smooth like that. It's just the initial first hour/two learning curve.