Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

It seems good but no romance interests me right now except stuff with insanely specific representation/self insert poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

It seems good but no romance interests me right now except stuff with insanely specific representation/self insert poo poo

come back to it when you're more in the mood, I'll post a reminder when the last chapter drops.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Well, I ended up finishing the current chapters. It's fairly nice.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Saotome Senshu is cute as hell romance (with only a small amount of sports drama) where the couple is good and well coupled.

Little worried that it's about to end, tho.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

gmq posted:

So, this question has more possible answers than the ones I got in 2016? :pray:

Chikyuu no Owari wa Koi no Hajimari: Not really about the confession-part.
Citrus: :getin:
Kase-san: Very relaxed compared to other romances, but it still goes places.
Stranger by the Seaside (and its sequel): It got a sequel, y'see.
Wandering Son: Romance is part of it, but it's more about gender identity.

And More fucked around with this message at 08:45 on May 17, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Bloom Into You. :v:

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I know this is more towards manga but does anyone have opinions about the Wandering Son anime adaptation?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

And More posted:

Kase-san: The less dramatic version of Citrus.

They're nothing alike besides having at least two lesbians

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Read Gunjou OP

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Glagha posted:

I know this is more towards manga but does anyone have opinions about the Wandering Son anime adaptation?

It's decent but only covers like three or four volumes and very incomplete

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

DisDisDis posted:

They're nothing alike besides having at least two lesbians

Quite frankly, I just didn’t know how to describe Kase-san. It’s definitely one of the most relaxed romances I’ve read, though. :shrug:

edit: Maybe I’ll just phrase it like that.

And More fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 17, 2018

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Glagha posted:

I enjoyed it but as Sakurazuka mentioned it only covers a small portion of the manga. It was nice to see animated but ultimately you’re not missing much (I would absolutely recommend an anime watcher to read the manga but not necessarily the other way round).

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch07

Dad knows what's up.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Came here to post this.

Also this manga is super relatable for someone who had social anxiety throughout her teens and early twenties :smith:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I enjoy that they are both extremely anxious people, instead of just one of them.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Mikl posted:

Came here to post this.

Also this manga is super relatable for someone who had social anxiety throughout her teens and early twenties :smith:

Yeah. Definitely relatable.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

I enjoy that they are both extremely anxious people, instead of just one of them.

In Nettaigyo? I dunno, transfer girl is definitely self-conscious at times but compared to her senpai with the big crush on her, she's practically a social buttefly.

There's been a good few scenes contrasting their comfort levels dealing with people in general/each-other.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I would agree that they are not on the same level, but she is still pretty anxious. I mean just look at that new chapter.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

i enjoyed reading this

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Insurrectionist posted:

In Nettaigyo? I dunno, transfer girl is definitely self-conscious at times but compared to her senpai with the big crush on her, she's practically a social buttefly.

There's been a good few scenes contrasting their comfort levels dealing with people in general/each-other.

The part where she tried to engage the visitors but couldn't answer their question was physically painful.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

chumbler posted:

The part where she tried to engage the visitors but couldn't answer their question was physically painful.

Yeah I suppose. But for her it was about feeling super lovely because she couldn't do her job and answer their questions. I guess you could say she was anxious about that for the chapter until she found her feet again at the end leading to the very cute+awkward hug ending. While Koyuki just seems to have some pretty serious anxiety about social interactions in all forms except when she's doing aquarium stuff, something Konatsu explicitly didn't have even in that chapter despite her self-consciousness.

At the start there was definitely a certain part of Konatsu being anxious about fitting in - naturally given she's a teenager who moved somewhere new - but I dunno how much that's still a factor at this point.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Najimi and nakanaka loving own

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
nakanaka's name is literally chuuni and it owns

naka = 中 = chuu
中x2 = chuuni

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I assume most of the names are like that.

I'm also kinda sad the engrish for the subway knockoff wasn't "eat flesh"

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://mangadex.org/manga/6485/kinou-nani-tabeta

Food manga *and* gay poo poo? That's gotta be *somebody's* holy grail.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

SwissArmyDruid posted:

https://mangadex.org/manga/6485/kinou-nani-tabeta

Food manga *and* gay poo poo? That's gotta be *somebody's* holy grail.

First chapter was very good! Followed so I can read the rest on the bus next week.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
goddammit how have y'all not seen me talk that up before

What Did You Eat Yesterday? is fantastic and also licensed so buy it!
There are 12 volumes out currently and I'm pretty sure only a fraction of it is online so you'll have to to read the whole thing (plus it's ongoing)

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Everything Burrito posted:

goddammit how have y'all not seen me talk that up before

:iiam:

Yeah there's only 20-some chapters fan translated, glad to hear it has an official release. I'm going to drop some money on it because I really really like adorable and realistic adult romance stuff regardless of anyone's gender. Cooking is icing on the cake.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
The Story of a Girl with Sanpaku Eyes

Just some regular old fluff.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mentat Radnor posted:

:iiam:

Yeah there's only 20-some chapters fan translated, glad to hear it has an official release. I'm going to drop some money on it because I really really like adorable and realistic adult romance stuff regardless of anyone's gender. Cooking is icing on the cake.

it leans more toward slice of life than romance, I mean they're a couple living together but it's very much watching old married people interact which if you're like me is the best but don't expect it to get really sexy lol

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the herbalist in the harem manga had a new chapter by the way

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Rodyle posted:

the herbalist in the harem manga had a new chapter by the way

Where?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Mangadex is where I read it.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Everything Burrito posted:

it leans more toward slice of life than romance, I mean they're a couple living together but it's very much watching old married people interact which if you're like me is the best but don't expect it to get really sexy lol

That's absolutely my jam. :3:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Onean posted:

Mangadex is where I read it.

This is really good and now I'm mad that I've run out of chapters on a cliffhanger and have to wait another month. :argh:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Ly Chee, a young man who dreams of being a manhua artist, accidentally becomes the assistant of BL manhuakas! And they are all beautiful women! This is a funny story of their work life.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

tfw no dead eyed nice bf

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

New thread rule: whenever someone posts a page or panel they must also say where it's from.

Because that looks like something I'd like to read but don't know what it is :doom:

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe

Mikl posted:

New thread rule: whenever someone posts a page or panel they must also say where it's from.

Because that looks like something I'd like to read but don't know what it is :doom:

Senpai ga Urusai Kouhai no Hanashi (My Senpai is Annoying)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Thanks.

And I apologise for my previous post. I'm in a terrible mood and I should really avoid posting when I'm like this, it makes my inner bitch show.