Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Does The Empire always get wrecked by VC because VC does incredibly well in auto-resolves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
The key to landing bombard Ken is to target missile troops currently firing, or engaged melee units. Neither of these will dodge attacks like that.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Reik posted:

Does The Empire always get wrecked by VC because VC does incredibly well in auto-resolves?

They get torn up by vampire rebellions

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

If you want a low impact mod for black arks I’d recommend Gejnor’s Sa’an’ishar mod, it vastly reduces the upkeep of Black ark troops, so you aren’t wasting a stack’s worth of upkeep on it, and gives nearby armies immunity to attrition on the ocean (reefs, storms, etc.)

This mod's pretty good, yeah. If there's somehow a way to get the ability to only sack/raze coastal settlements this mod would be great.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Queen and the Crone basically confirmed but heres a nice potential spot from reddit:

Greenside: Alarielle
Rotted/Blood: Helebron

Shadowy Door: Alith Anar

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Those words are meaningless, can you translate please

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Ammanas posted:

Those words are meaningless, can you translate please

Greenside: Totally not a Wood Elf Queen
Rotted/Blood: Murder Grandma

Shadowy Door: Angry Ghost Elf

feller
Jul 5, 2006

So we're going to get a million elves huh great guess wh3 won't be the least interesting one after all

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Normally I'd agree with you 100% but Alith Anar is actually kinda awesome, so

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

ZearothK posted:

I'd really like to play wood elves in not-Africa, but I don't see it happening. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Which wood elf or lady of the lake or whatever is actually just a vampire tricking dumbass french knights

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

ZearothK posted:

Basically correct.

Alarielle:

The current Everqueen, a title that used to be the true ruler of all elves, lasting millenia of peaceful rule before Aenarion created the Pheonix King title as a response to the first Daemon invasions when everyone thought they had killed the Everqueen.

She is an embodiment of Isha, and nature is at her beck and call, her ruling grounds of Gaean Vale are known to be a mystical place only matched by Athel Loren in raw natural magic and power. Except to see her get some sort of tree-units from the wood elf roster.

Hellebron:

Aptly nicknamed the Crone, she is also known as the Blood Queen for she is the reason Witch Elves exist at all, having created them slightly prior to the split between the elves back in the old world colonies.

She looks like this most of the time because she was denied access to the cauldron of blood by Morathi herself, who hates her. The hatred goes both ways and Hellebron considers Morathi her biggest rival. I say most of the time because she regains her youthly vigour and looks once a year, making her temporarily more powerful for a while by performing blood rituals. I'm not sure if CA will make use of this, it could be kind of cool if they work it out well.

Alith Anar:

The last loyal Naggarothi line on Ulthuan, Alith Anar paid a heavy price with the slaughter of his whole family at the hands of the Druchii. As the lone survivor, he swore and oath of vengeance and took up the mantle of the Shadow King. Ever since those days, he and his kin has hunted Druchii with a cunning and ferocity that makes other elves feel squeamish to the core.

This is because Alith is utterly ruthless against the Druchii, outdoing them in cruelty and barbarism when it needs doing. It is said that even the blackened souls that constitutes the druchii are secretly terrified of this utter madman who seems to appear out of nowhere and leaves no traces, unless of course he wants to.

Currently in the lore it is not known if he is alive or if it is his heirs that has taken up his mantle but apparently citing the end times it turns out he was alive all along so thats no barrier at all in my opinion. The seeming leak we had with shadow warriors coming hints strongly towards us getting the Shadow King as well, if not in this DLC then in a FLC somewhere down the line.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Senor Dog posted:

So we're going to get a million elves huh great guess wh3 won't be the least interesting one after all

They already added a skaven flc lord, and are likely to be releasing a lizardmen lord in the patch, so elves and dark elves was a safe bet for the next DLC from the start. If you don't like playing elves, just wait for them to add the rats vs lizards DLC, or the race packs they seem to be planning.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Eej posted:

Which wood elf or lady of the lake or whatever is actually just a vampire tricking dumbass french knights

Me IRL and lemme tell ya its a loving sweet gig!

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Gejnor posted:

Queen and the Crone basically confirmed but heres a nice potential spot from reddit:

Greenside: Alarielle
Rotted/Blood: Helebron

Shadowy Door: Alith Anar

I think Alith Anar's chances are pretty good, that FLC HE LL got blatantly yanked from the array right after Tomb Kings, and the free Dark Elf Lord isn't visible anymore either. It's a lot more believable he just got dropped into the DLC pack that has his associated units than a fairly easy to make LL getting randomly rescheduled to 6-8 months out .

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Free Dark Elf Lord I am betting will be Lokhir Fellheart the Kraken Lord.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The elf factions are honestly more interesting than the skaven and lizards. Like at least the characters have themes instead of x’irrrurrrp’burrrr’pwskitchieeeeeet we are so wacky and have guns and dinosaurs.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
*squirts musk of disagreement to that statement*

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The elf factions are honestly more interesting than the skaven and lizards. Like at least the characters have themes instead of x’irrrurrrp’burrrr’pwskitchieeeeeet we are so wacky and have guns and dinosaurs.

Look how wrong this warmblood is.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

you are the loving worst

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
drat I can't believe this upcoming patch is replacing every other race with some form of elf.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
But I don't want to play elfs!

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
you don't have to play elfs

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

http://chinagames.store/detail/total-war-warhammer-ii---the-queen--the-crone/

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ravenfood posted:

you don't have to play elfs

now you do.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

If that's the complete list, it's honestly the worst Lord Pack they've ever put out. One quest item for each Lord, only 2 mod-tier units per faction, only one new generic lord between the two factions, just wow that's bad. And coming out on the 31st by the looks of it, because they need an extra week to hype up the longest wait for the least content in any Lord Pack yet.

It also makes me think they want to put out two lord packs per race instead of one, which is...dammit CA.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Ya

https://m.imgur.com/a/7TGAG3r

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Not a single new monster unit. Where are my Gorgons and Charybdis?

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Over half the RoR's are missing so there might be missing units as well. I'm not counting on it though. Maybe there will be some free non-dlc units added?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

CA fuckin' up smh

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

madmac posted:

If that's the complete list, it's honestly the worst Lord Pack they've ever put out. One quest item for each Lord, only 2 mod-tier units per faction, only one new generic lord between the two factions, just wow that's bad. And coming out on the 31st by the looks of it, because they need an extra week to hype up the longest wait for the least content in any Lord Pack yet.

It also makes me think they want to put out two lord packs per race instead of one, which is...dammit CA.

Your bad opinions continue. This is a pretty good lord pack in mine.

Better then the Grim and Grave I say.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Your bad opinions continue. This is a pretty good lord pack in mine.

Better then the Grim and Grave I say.

Compared to the Grim and the Grave it has fewer, substantially lower effort new units, less ROR, less quest items/quest battles, and worse generic lords.

In it's favor the two LL look very neat and probably a lot of fun to play.

On balance it still has less content than Grim and the Grave and a lot less content than King and the Warlord, which is an awful thing to say considering CA was on a hot streak with each new DLC being better than the last until now.

I'll also bet you 10 internet cookies right now that part of the reason it's cut back on units is because they plan to put out another Lord Pack later and they gotta stretch that content.

This is literally the first Warhammer DLC that is making me reconsider pre-ordering.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Oh wait didn't Allarielle get kidnapped in the End Times and sacrificed to restore Nagash except she's actually a fake queen so Nagash wasn't powered up by her royal blood but instead cursed by it or something

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

madmac posted:

This is literally the first Warhammer DLC that is making me reconsider pre-ordering.

lol

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I know you mean reconsider preordering this DLC, but still for a second I thought you wanted a refund for the base game because of the dlc.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Eej posted:

Oh wait didn't Allarielle get kidnapped in the End Times and sacrificed to restore Nagash except she's actually a fake queen so Nagash wasn't powered up by her royal blood but instead cursed by it or something

It was Allarielle's daughter by Tyrion. Which hosed him up via the curse of Aenerion.

Which is more knowledge about the end times than I ever want to admit to actually having.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Knobb Manwich posted:

I know you mean reconsider preordering this DLC, but still for a second I thought you wanted a refund for the base game because of the dlc.

Honestly, I can't even be bothered to refund games. If I make a poor choice, that's on me.

Same with this DLC really, I don't care about the money in the least, I just don't want to reward CA for putting out a minimal effort DLC. Maybe there's more to it when the official announcement comes out tomorrow, I seriously doubt it, but we'll see.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

By the way who is that very ugly boy in the first picture? :3:

madmac posted:

Honestly, I can't even be bothered to refund games. If I make a poor choice, that's on me.

Same with this DLC really, I don't care about the money in the least, I just don't want to reward CA for putting out a minimal effort DLC. Maybe there's more to it when the official announcement comes out tomorrow, I seriously doubt it, but we'll see.

I was laughing because refunding the base game over DLC would be the most TW fan thing ever. I hope there's more to the DLC/FLC too. Giantslayers cool though.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
When a resource building has a recruitment bonus (like exotic animals building reduces the recruitment cost of dinos) the bonus is province-wide and not faction-wide, right? With the exception of upkeep reduction bonuses, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

madmac posted:

it's only elves, they could've made it worse by doing elf/lizard and elf/skaven. at least it'll be a lizard/skaven combo pack in 5 years.