Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

History Comes Inside! posted:

I threw a bunch of lovely plans out the window and finished automata instead.

Only got the Y ending and the associated boss left to do, holy poo poo great game and the music is just tits.

Best non-Yakuza game I've played this year.

Best sound track of the last 2 years flat out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I’d play the hell out of a Twisted Metal Black remake. Original Carmageddon was also really fun on PC back in the day. The new game on console just didn’t seem to capture that same spirit for me.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Interstate 76 remade would own, especially if they did a map similar to the one in The Crew. It'd fit right in with the Battle Royale trend going on now, too.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Or Vigilante 8.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
From what I have seen and recently read, The Crew 2 is sounding like something I very much want to play.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

This is the same reason that I'm getting Days Gone. The appeal of seeing bumfuck Oregon rendered in polygons cannot be overstated.

I finally got Denver in Metal Gear Rising and it was...not accurate. I appreciated Raiden having his funniest meltdown while pulling off the highway where I went to college though.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Fix posted:

Or Vigilante 8.

yay

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

I finally got Denver in Metal Gear Rising and it was...not accurate. I appreciated Raiden having his funniest meltdown while pulling off the highway where I went to college though.

lol, did it accurately portray denver cops at least?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

lol, did it accurately portray denver cops at least?

There weren't any scenes with them pulling me over for nothing or not showing up after someone tried to shoot me, so no, I would not say it was accurate.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'd happily take a good reboot, remake, or remaster of any of the following: Insterstate 76/82, Rogue Trip, Twisted Metal, Vigilante 8, Carmageddon, Destruction Derby.

The shame about Carmageddon is that we got Reincarnation on PC (bad) then Max Damage on PC and PS4 (not bad but still not as good as the classics) so unless Stainless games do direct ports to HD, we are stuck with what we got. As for Destruction Derby, Flatout and Dirt Showdown (previous gen) are all we got and they aren't the same. I really want to play a good arcadey racer on my PS4 but I can't find any that looks cool to me.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Reboot Interstate 76 could potentially be extremely hot poo poo.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wait yeah what why has there not been a big deal battle royale car combat game?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Kilometers Davis posted:

I feel like the only explanation is that battle royale car games are a bit 90s.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Just, like, pubg but destruction derby. 100% focus on physics and fully destructible complex modeled cars. Dump thousands of dollars into particle effects. Hook it straight into my brain via a vr first person mode.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Kilometers Davis posted:

Just, like, pubg but destruction derby. 100% focus on physics and fully destructible complex modeled cars. Dump thousands of dollars into particle effects. Hook it straight into my brain via a vr first person mode.

Make a Mad Max type game where I don't have to get out of the car at all and it has all of these things imo

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Battle Royale games are all lazy dogshit and if they wanted to make a car combat one it would actually take effort for anyone to want to play it, and people will still play 3rd person shooters even if they totally suck.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JBP posted:

Make a Mad Max type game where I don't have to get out of the car at all and it has all of these things imo

With the various efforts to port games into VR (Serious Sam, Skyrim, etc), I'm surprised Rockstar haven't gone in on giving GTAV a VR mode.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

H1Z1 Battle Royale added a car-only mode a while back

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

With the various efforts to port games into VR (Serious Sam, Skyrim, etc), I'm surprised Rockstar haven't gone in on giving GTAV a VR mode.

That'll be in the PS5 port

Gotta keep those shark cards going

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm surprised Rockstar haven't gone in on giving GTAV a VR mode.

There's not even a pro patch, all you get is boost mode

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Kilometers Davis posted:

Because people are absolute dumb idiots and would rather play this year's iteration of military floating gun hand

JBP posted:

Absofuckinlutely

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hey I love those too. There’s room for both :)

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Is there any quality difference between choosing DTS and Dolby in the PS4's audio settings? My receiver supports both and LPCM is not an option for my setup, as I need to pass the signal through my TV.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
For those lamenting the lack of a Destruction Derby on consoles, but do have a PC, I can recommend Next Car Game (Wreckfest). Its still being developed and added to, but the basic chassis of the game is actually really solid and fun! Great physics too :D

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I sat down to get back into persona 5 last night, 5 minutes in, went to the gun shop, leaving the music on in the background and did an hour and a half of housework.

Videogames.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

CrRoMa posted:

I sat down to get back into persona 5 last night, 5 minutes in, went to the gun shop, leaving the music on in the background and did an hour and a half of housework.

Videogames.

I used to do that with Heartbeat, Heartbreak from Persona 4 and Snowflakes from Persona 4 Golden

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I wish they let you play the Dragons Crown Pro cooking minigame after every level because Vanillaware just keep on nailing delicious fuckin' food I want to eat.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I had to tap out of Persona 5 cause I have a completionist attitude if I really like the game and world. I beat the first dungeon with the teacher and there is just so so so so much poo poo to do and so many stats and finite times it stressed me out cause I felt like no matter what I did I’d be missing out on like 60% of the game’s content.

What also didn’t help was the game’s loading tips telling me “take a hit b,and take your time my dude :cool:” then very next second having big giant red SA avatar text in the corner saying “20 DAYS UNTIL EVERYONE YOU LOVE DIES OF AIDS”, while I can only do 1-2 activities a day to progress (slowly) in stat, skill or relationship building created kind of....a disconnect for me and I couldn’t continue. Badass game from what I played of it though. Yakuza is much more my speed.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Also so much stuff I wanted to do was gated behind stat checks which frustrated me too, I just felt kinda boxed in like I wasn’t making any progress. Not trying to poo poo on the game, just lowkey lookin for some advice from Persona Pros on what the “correct” way to play is.

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010
I just finished Persona 5 last night. It was amazing, especially the music.

I hope Dancing Star Night gets a western release.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
New hard drive is inside my PS4 and am just reinstalling my library again! Having an extra TB of space feels pretty neat too :D

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You need to do more than one play through anyway if you want to be a 100% kind of guy because there's an extra boss and persona for ng+, and all your stats and items carry over anyway.

If that's what you wanna do then just do it once however you wanna do it and then for the second play through grab a guide to fill in the gaps in your social links. It's possible to get every link in the game maxed along with every stat from a completely fresh save, so doing it in ng+ with stats either maxed or even just part of the way there is a doddle.

There are walkthroughs out there which literally tell you exactly what to do at what time on every given day and why so if it's doing something you don't need (stat increases you've already maxed due to the progress from the first play through for example) then you can just do whatever you want instead.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I feel mostly the same re persona, for context I'm about 40 hours in and just starting the 4th dungeon. I dont feel like I'm seeing all the game has to offer but if the alternative is following a guide for 100 plus hours ill take it.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

Also so much stuff I wanted to do was gated behind stat checks which frustrated me too, I just felt kinda boxed in like I wasn’t making any progress. Not trying to poo poo on the game, just lowkey lookin for some advice from Persona Pros on what the “correct” way to play is.

the correct way would be the way that makes it fun for you.
P5 has new game +, so if you care about maxing everything you can do it on a second run if you feel like and just play the game normally on the first run.
I think you can max everything on the first run, but you will have to follow a guide religiously.
Generally I'd recommend doing the dungeons as early as possible, so you don't have to worry about the timer for the rest of the month and can spend that time bumping up social stuff. Prioritise which character/skills you want and just focus on those when they are available. If they're not, do something else. The only really mistake you can make is not doing anything productive for a day.
Leveling up the maid gives you extra time through the day, so that's a hot tip. As well as leveling connections with playable characters for extra skills in dungeons.
On my playthrough I got several things maxed out with just casually playing and not stressing about stats. I know this is a jrpg and it breaks people brains, but just chill and you'll be good.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I dont think there's a penalty to dropping down to easy either. Actually Persona is one of the first games in years I've started on easy then raised the difficulty, its a total walkover below Normal.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
You don't really have to follow a guide "religiously" to max out all your social stats and confidants. The GameFAQs guide doesn't use the fortune teller's "free confidant points"-ability at all, and it still ends up with an entire month left over to spend playing video games.

And, as has been pointed out, there's a persona and an optional boss exclusive to NG+ (where all your social stats carry over), so if you really want to be a completionist, just do it there.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Instant Grat posted:

You don't really have to follow a guide "religiously" to max out all your social stats and confidants. The GameFAQs guide doesn't use the fortune teller's "free confidant points"-ability at all, and it still ends up with an entire month left over to spend playing video games.

ok. my point was that you're likely not going to play optimally and max everything on a first run unless you play with a guide. So either do that or don't worry about it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Thanks for all the tips, you guys rule. Whenever I get back to it I think I'll just try to just hang out and do whatever I feel like until I beat the game cause I like my first time through to be blind, then for run #2 is where I pull out guides to hit 100% (if that's what I feel like doing).

I dunno about you guys but having a physical guide open while playing a game again just makes me feel good and nostalgic like a kid again. Had good memories doing this with FF7, FF8 and Siphon Filter 2 (yea idk either). Most recently MGSV, Revengeance and Bayonetta 2...

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yeah I can barely see the diff between 30 and 60 but I can feel it (especially in brawlers) and also I know there's people who it makes a huge difference for visually, they really can see a big difference. So I'm rooting for it.

Straw poll: if you could only have one which would it be?

4k at 30fps
1080p at 60 fps

both rock solid, hdr, no tearing, best image quality possible at that resolution

Even though I have a 4k set I'd still take 1080p60 over 4k30 every day, it makes a big difference for faster-paced games.

HDR is a bigger improvement to image quality than 4k on its own (and 4k isn't a pre-requisite to have HDR). If you are a certain distance away or do not have a big enough screen, the difference in detail from 1080p -> 4k (2160p) starts to become imperceptible. We're starting to hit diminishing returns with image resolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Pierson posted:

I wish they let you play the Dragons Crown Pro cooking minigame after every level because Vanillaware just keep on nailing delicious fuckin' food I want to eat.

poo poo I forgot this was out, need to smash that download button.