Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
If he didn’t name the company holding the Dune rights “Choam” then he’s even lamer than I suspected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Not even touching the DUNE movie until it's been 300% confirmed that Brian was sat in the corner and ignored.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Johnny Aztec posted:

Not even touching the DUNE movie until it's been 300% confirmed that Brian was sat in the corner and ignored.

Denis Villeneuve should just feign a complete language barrier.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

phasmid posted:

Don't forget that the latterday Tleilaxu also swim in a big pond full of semen and jack off together.

same

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Johnny Aztec posted:

"Sorry Brian, we had to cut the flashback to Norma Cenva for time, you understand..."

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
So am nearly done with the first Dune book. Overall i'm liking it and its cool. What is the consensus on the second one - worth continuing onto?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

henpod posted:

So am nearly done with the first Dune book. Overall i'm liking it and its cool. What is the consensus on the second one - worth continuing onto?

The second one isn't as good but it sets up the third one,which is cool and sets up the best one. Messiah is also the shortest book in the series by a good margin.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 11:14 on May 16, 2018

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

henpod posted:

Dune Messiah is great but it's pretty different to the first. I think Children is the weakest but it's still very good. God Emperor is also great.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Post the entries in the series in your order of enjoyment. 143526.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

1423, I think.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

7, 8. Everything else is a snoozefest.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Murray Mantoinette posted:

Post the entries in the series in your order of enjoyment. 143526.

The first one is so far ahead of the rest that it doesn't really fit on any curve.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
I got to the point at which Frank can't shut up about how much Alia wants to bang Hyat and it's a groan fest.

MC Hawking fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 16, 2018

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Communist Walrus posted:

please don't troll

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS

Communist Walrus posted:

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

sebmojo posted:

I hate sand, Chani

:vince:

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
When I was younger, I viewed children as sort of a slog to get through before god emperor. Upon rereadings, I've come to realize that the riddle game with namri is where things really start to take off for the series

He saw himself as mirzurbah, the iron hammer used to beat the souls of the dead who couldn't satisfactorily answer the necessary questions to enter paradise

A_Bug_That_Thinks fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 16, 2018

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
Have you guys ever seen the 23rd Anniversary Re-Edition of Dune?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE&t=16s

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Uncle Enzo posted:

Have you guys ever seen the 23rd Anniversary Re-Edition of Dune?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE&t=16s

I do like how everett mcgill's line readings are only barely exaggerated in this video.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
I just got to the word hypnobong

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
The slow quip penetrates the sperg

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Roki B posted:

The slow quip penetrates the sperg

But, uh... look down. We'd've joined each other in fighting over the exact mechanisms of the Holtzmann engines for several hours online.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Biscuit Hider

But, uh... look down. We'd've joined each other in fighting over the exact mechanisms of the Holtzmann engines for several hours online.

Oh no, we're the guild navigators. Powered by autism spice.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
What does the cap say?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

exmachina posted:

What does the cap say?

Please be patient. I have autism.

e: inb4 'don't sign ur posts'

Murray Mantoinette fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 17, 2018

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm the extra who trips while carrying the navigator in

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Biscuit Hider
The autism allowes space travel

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Biscuit Hider
I'm a sperg navigator

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
“Travel, without moving” sounds like some really lovely tag line for some family-friendly staycation resort.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I had no electricity for a day so I read God Emperor again and there is one thing I didn't notice before, golden path wasn't just about preparing humanity for future threat. During Siona's trial, Leto tells her that if it wasn't for him there wouldn't be any humans left anywhere right now.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Sekenr posted:

I had no electricity for a day so I read God Emperor again and there is one thing I didn't notice before, golden path wasn't just about preparing humanity for future threat. During Siona's trial, Leto tells her that if it wasn't for him there wouldn't be any humans left anywhere right now.

Exactly. That's why the whole 'it's about LORD CYBERTREX 9000 coming back' or whatever Brian went with isn't right. The horrible vision of the Golden Path and the hunting machines could've already happened, which definitely aligns more with 'someone -- maybe Ix -- fucks with robot technology and creates a living hell, repeating the mistakes of the past'.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

lord cybertrex 9000 is my favorite thread meme

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Man I could really go for some semuta and the weird hosed up music that you love while you’re all jacked up on it right now

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

“Travel, without moving” sounds like some really lovely tag line for some family-friendly staycation resort.

I'm pretty sure that's the title of a Jamiroquai album

e: I just realized that their most famous song (also off that album) is literally about the dangers of overreliance on technology :tinfoil:

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 13:41 on May 17, 2018

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
Man frank herbert is really loving on point about machine thunking corrupting human interaction and humanity

You could even say he was prescient

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the title of a Jamiroquai album

e: I just realized that their most famous song (also off that album) is literally about the dangers of overreliance on technology :tinfoil:

“Deeper Underground” is actually about a Fremen sietch

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Malcolm XML posted:

Man frank herbert is really loving on point about machine thunking corrupting human interaction and humanity

You could even say he was prescient

yeah. there's part of me that's like, wow, why didn't i read these books earlier

there's another part of me that feels like reading them now, with all this stuff about social media and so on, gives it all a pretty interesting vibe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

“Deeper Underground” is actually about a Fremen sietch

:aaaaa: