Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

hasn’t there been like half a dozen stories like this since trump said start arming teachers

what really gets me about this one is that students were injured and not only did they not bother to provide medical attention, they didn't bother reporting it at all or even halting the "safety" class they were teaching

it only got reported when the kids went home and one of the parents noticed he was bleeding

AMERICA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

what really gets me about this one is that students were injured and not only did they not bother to provide medical attention, they didn't bother reporting it at all or even halting the "safety" class they were teaching

it only got reported when the kids went home and one of the parents noticed he was bleeding

AMERICA

the kid got hit IN THE loving NECK and they just resumed lessons like it's normal

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

ScrubLeague posted:

if you're rich america is great because you actively get to be more rich without doing basically anything moreso than other countries but for literally anyone who isn't a literal crook it's a pretty bad place

lol u think being a crook makes america good? hint: its the barron part that makes life easy, not the robber part

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

good thing charters cant kick out kids they dont like to fudge numbers
oh wait

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

all the education and child bride stuff is real bad, the way america treats its kids is among the most disgusting things about the place

basically a bunch of demon crackers break away from a demon cracker empire and start cargo culting their own empire but they're too poorly nourished and educated to understand anything about society

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

the only thing america hates more than muslim children, is american children

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Best Giraffe posted:

the only thing america hates more than muslim children, is american children

https://twitter.com/NYTMetro/status/974303139233980416

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

logikv9 posted:

is oklahoma like one of the very few pure red states that doesn't even have a sliver of blue on election maps

Iirc it has one of the lowest voter turnouts too. Probably because it sucks so bad

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

Oklahoma Democrats kept running pro-choice candidates but still kept losing elections over and over again anyway. :thunk:

nopantsjack posted:

all the education and child bride stuff is real bad, the way america treats its kids is among the most disgusting things about the place

basically a bunch of demon crackers break away from a demon cracker empire and start cargo culting their own empire but they're too poorly nourished and educated to understand anything about society

The worst thing about it is that it's all done under the cover of being a "pro-family" culture, and that we're trying to make a world that's safe for kids. But instead we just end up brutalizing children and infantilizing adults.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I don't even know how you can turn things around in places like Oklahoma because in about 1/3 of the country I'd say the Democratic brand is downright poisonous. A significant portion of your voter base will just straight up not vote for anyone with a D next to their name. Republicans essentially run unopposed in generals and rack up massive supermajorities in statehouses and that's how you get poo poo like the Oklahoma "3/4 supermajority to raise taxes" clauses which lead to these places just becoming shitholes of hyperausterity because the government has no means to raise money.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Retromancer posted:

I don't even know how you can turn things around in places like Oklahoma because in about 1/3 of the country I'd say the Democratic brand is downright poisonous. A significant portion of your voter base will just straight up not vote for anyone with a D next to their name. Republicans essentially run unopposed in generals and rack up massive supermajorities in statehouses and that's how you get poo poo like the Oklahoma "3/4 supermajority to raise taxes" clauses which lead to these places just becoming shitholes of hyperausterity because the government has no means to raise money.

in places where the GOP brand is so poisoned that no one will vote Republican, the right-wingers just run as Democrats instead

just as there's no rule saying that conservatives can't run as Dems, there's no rule saying that only conservatives can run as Republicans

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If anything the Republican party has even less control over who runs under their flag than the DNC

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Main Paineframe posted:

in places where the GOP brand is so poisoned that no one will vote Republican, the right-wingers just run as Democrats instead

just as there's no rule saying that conservatives can't run as Dems, there's no rule saying that only conservatives can run as Republicans
Can confirm, we get a lot of suspiciously conservative "Democrats" in Hawaii since the Hawaii GOP is a tiny, sad thing and there is massive voter inertia against it.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
counterpoint: america is theft

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Here's your latest Oklahoma classroom collage:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Rand alPaul posted:

Here's your latest Oklahoma classroom collage:

Good to see that the Corridor of Shame extends from here in South Carolina all the way to Oklahoma. Thank god the state has so much more freedom now that taxes were cut.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/SeanMcElwee/status/995151858414039040

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

It's insane that you can have age of consent laws at the age of majority, but legal child marriage at the same time.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's insane that you can have age of consent laws at the age of majority, but legal child marriage at the same time.

patriarchy is a hell of a drug

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Child Bride, an 80 year old, really hosed up movie, was made to draw attention to this poo poo and try to get it banned. In 1938. 80 years ago. It took 80 years for a state to go and actually do it.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

really stuck up there posted:

Tbf americans don't deserve healthcare or lead free water.

Murica loves lead in our water and our bullets

The libs already took it away from our paint and gas

Make lead great again

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

America may be Third World, but It is the great g*dd*mn Third World Country this planet has even seen

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Third World countries have good infrastructure

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Top City Homo posted:

Third World countries have good infrastructure

Speaking of...

https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/996515801724157952

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/B_Ehrenreich/status/997084819786956801

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The official poverty line in the US is ridiculously low, by my quick google fu a single person working full time at any rate above $5.80 per hour is not in poverty.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

:abuela: AMERICA IS ALREADY GREAT!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

99% of poors have a refridgerator so I don’t know what everyone’s complaining about

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

The Nastier Nate posted:

99% of poors have a refridgerator so I don’t know what everyone’s complaining about

Don't forget obama phones

And not too long ago Michael Moore was discussing with Bernie how 60% of Americans can't afford to travel across the country to a funeral if a loved one died

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
57% of Americans couldn't come up with $500 for an emergency

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Id be lucky to come up with $100 if it wasnt just after payday

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Larry Parrish posted:

Id be lucky to come up with $100 if it wasnt just after payday

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

it's more like 16 whole cities and several hundred entire towns

here's pennsylvania

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

here's pennsylvania

nice. hell yeah

what's the best route for a Regular Person to test their water for lead and/or other poo poo? take samples and send it off ... somewhere?

straight up googling on the topic of water drinkability funnels me directly into the realm of Radical Water Extremists

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

https://www.strongtowns.org/journal/2016/7/26/the-un-paving-of-american-roads

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

here's pennsylvania

huh, figured state college would be way higher

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

next step, dirt roads

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

A lot of dirt roads got paved here in the 90s-early 2000s and a lot of the money seemed to come from Game & Fish grants because it made getting to the lake easier

Of course since then the chuds have swept local government and won't fill a pothole if they know a Democrat lives in that zip code lmao

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Lord of Pie posted:

huh, figured state college would be way higher

:hmbol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

this is pretty common where i live, and not really a big deal

the roads that get unpaved are just where nobody lives anymore

• Locked thread