Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Varance posted:

I wouldn't go that far. "Slightly worse breaker" translates to losing an extra 10-20% damage output/mitigation partywide with how stats work in this game.

We’ll there’s nobody in Lid’s class from what I can tell based from the pictures in that imgur folder that was shared a while back.

The difference between the AOE FB of Lid 79% vs Auron’s/Loren’s 74% is:

some guy on reddit posted:

74% break: 6% damage taken, 385% damage dealt

79% break: 4% damage taken, 476% damage dealt

So sure there’s a difference but Lid is literally sitting on top of break mountain with those 84% breaks anyway, but in terms of AOE FBs, the difference is big but not unreasonably big to the point that you can’t get by without her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tank breaks are like 60in the 7* era and those are enough to get by for the vast majority of content. I think malboro part 2 is the only fight where you need the extra breaking.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Daily rainbow Lila. Two daily rainbow pulls in under a week. Bad time to be using up my karma.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Surprise 10-man trial! Guess people are going to get to try out those Sephiroths sooner than originally thought.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
I thought wizardception got announced a bit back?

On the note of rainbows, my free pull was CG Fina #2, and a ticket thrown at the Seph banner got me Ramza #3 i believe. Any sort of weirdness/fun I can have there, or am I still covered with my first CG Fina and enhanced Lunera?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:siren: THEY FINALLY loving DID IT! :siren:

https://lapis-prod.gumi.sg/lapisProd/app/php/web/statics/summons_list.php

Thought this day would never come.

:stare:

https://lapis-prod.gumi.sg/lapisProd/app/php/web/statics/probability/sg_summons_list.php

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

When does it make it in-game?

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I always assumed they had common/rare pools at least for 3* - this would indicate they are all equal

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
The leak from last year confirmed they used to but changed it eventually to be equal.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Trial down

:toot:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

This just loads a blank page and nothing else for me. What am I supposed to be looking at?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

This just loads a blank page and nothing else for me. What am I supposed to be looking at?

What are you trying to look at that page with that doesn't like PHP?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I need to fill my friends list up: add me if we’re not already friends

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What are you trying to look at that page with that doesn't like PHP?

Chrome on my desktop loads a blank page. Firefox on mobile just sits there. It starts to load the page, then hangs.

I'm thinking Gumi took it down.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Only works on cell phones.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Yup. I left off the HTTPS, and nothing. With it, it loads on my phone.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

it makes my chrome lag and choke on my phone so I gave up.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Mr. Swoon posted:

Sure. 226372592 if we're not already friends.

thanks! together, our Lunera were able to clear the Malboro. could not get a LB kill it would have left the little ones alive even perfect chained, but whatever.

hit a brick wall on the moon. i was hoping aureole being dual element would mean it was only partly resisted by the light and wind skulls, but they straight up nulled it. i hate that trial - it will take me forever using someone like Ashe, none of my other magic options have non-elemental chaining capability. i really wish I had Trance Terra.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

new kind of cat posted:

thanks! together, our Lunera were able to clear the Malboro. could not get a LB kill it would have left the little ones alive even perfect chained, but whatever.

hit a brick wall on the moon. i was hoping aureole being dual element would mean it was only partly resisted by the light and wind skulls, but they straight up nulled it. i hate that trial - it will take me forever using someone like Ashe, none of my other magic options have non-elemental chaining capability. i really wish I had Trance Terra.

It’s because the resists are 200% and dual elements average the resists of both elements before calculating damage. If you could imperil either element you’d get a little damage (50% single element imperil would mean you do 25% damage).

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

arisu posted:

Trial down

:toot:

Did you have/use anyone in reserve or was that enough of a team to manage it?

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

new kind of cat posted:

Glad I can be at least a little useful! Despite being a micro-whale, I still haven't been able to clear Malboro, The Moon, or any ELT 10 man trials. I just do not have enough patience to micro manage turns just to get a slightly better rod.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

CG Lid in 5 tickets. Someone out there is on my side. Spent 30 more because luck streaks are real...Mine just ran out.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

The new story event have me enough lapis for the guaranteed 5* step. I got Veritas of the Flame, a unit I forgot existed and didn't want at all.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
10+1 pull: Trash, a few killians.
10% ticket: Heltich.
28 4* Tickets: Mostly trash, some okay tmr fodder.
48 rare tickets: 47 garbage, some blues...
Last one is a rainbow!!!!

Dark Fina.

Do the HTLid Trial, get two more tickets.
#1: Trash.
#2: RAINBOW!!!!

It's loving Delita.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
They moved the god drat Sephiroth banner so I used my 2 4* tickets, in my half awakened state, on this loving axe group.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

PaybackJack posted:

Did you have/use anyone in reserve or was that enough of a team to manage it?

I definitely rotated a lot.

Ace had to come in every time I got mana drained. Mystea was rotated in during phase 2 for stop resistance. Zidane didn't get rotated in except at the start when I had him pod chaining with Mystea, but he was my backup mana battery just in case Ace got hit with the mana drain which luckily didn't happen for me. Garnet was only brought in for the kill with esper at the very end. Ramza was rotated in for his SPR break.

The only ones who didn't really rotate were WoL (who was my provoke tank and built with 100% evade), Basch, and CG Fina. Fryevia was my only source of damage during phase 2. Phase 1 I used Zidane and Mystea to pod chain until I got 5 limits, then rotated to Fryevia and Sephiroth who took him down from 98% to 49% (the hard cap) in one attack. Fryevia then did 5-8% damage each attack during phase 2 by herself.

If I had a pair of magical chainers I would have done something different, but this was good enough. I felt like I was always in control.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Either that Materia Keeper on Hard was unusually difficult or I was doing something wrong.

I ran Ayaka, Ramza, Basch, T.Terra, and Frye (dualcasting Alternas) on the theory that Basch would cover the magic counters, but too many physical attacks came through, downing my DPS and slowing my progress. I managed to get all mission done, but if I were to do it again I would swap Ramza for a provoke tank (and swap Frye for a T.Terra friend) or swap Frye for an evasion Noctis as provoker.

One thing I note is that the counters came after my actions were done but before bard song regen, so I got that extra heal before the enemy turn started.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Provoke tank doesn’t help with the counters, fyi. I went in with my “don’t know what’s gonna happen so bring survivability” crew of Noel, Roy, Ayaka, 2x Fryevia. LB buffed double Fryevia took 3 turns to finally down him. Thankfully between both having 55% evade, buffs and death avoidance it was pretty smooth.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I went with Seph, TG Cid, Basch, Ramza and friend Seph.

Three DR skills dropped it to 11%, managed to tank enough of the damage that I finished it round 2.

Also gently caress that Dragon.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So can a 100% Evade, 100% Fire Resist unit solo Mt. Nibel?

Not that I can put that unit up, I'm just curious.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Xenogears part 2 coming to the JP servers, with Citan shown thus far.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Victis posted:

Xenogears part 2 coming to the JP servers, with Citan shown thus far.

Oh hell yes.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Double the Xenogears double the hoarding tickets! :retrogames:

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Looks like I'm not spending a single ticket or lapis until Xenogears.

Maybe a few on Squall, we'll see...

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

I ran this with an evade Noct spamming fish and a fire resist Chow. I don't know how it handles trash. With the boss, technically the answer is no, but if you're dishing out physical damage to the boss it felt really trivial. The only real sticking point is that Trine (and counter trine) does unaspected magic damage. It didn't seem that scary.

Or to answer your question: Probably, but how the hell are you going to make both of those states true?

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 18, 2018

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Alakaiser posted:

I ran this with an evade Noct spamming fish and a fire resist Chow. I don't know how it handles trash. With the boss, technically the answer is no, but if you're dishing out physical damage to the boss it felt really trivial. The only real sticking point is that Trine (and counter trine) does unaspected magic damage. It didn't seem that scary.

Or to answer your question: Probably, but how the hell are you going to make both of those states true?

Veritas of the Flame with 2 Ring of the Lucii, 4 Quick Assaults, and Assassin's Vest.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

People on the reddit say Noctis can do it if you guard or LB for the Trine every 3 turns, so just warp strike, PBWS, guard. Bring a unit with Escape to get through the exploration. Also there's a bug with his jump, so don't use that. Also, don't have any one else use any magic attacks, since apparently the Counter Trine is AOE.

I put mine up with DW Lightbringer and Graco Trident (dual element, max ATK + SPR bonus), and PWB instead of Mechanical Heart. It should work the same, but I haven't tested it yet. He only has blind resistance, so definitely escape through the exploration.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Pulled CG Lid on my first 4*+ ticket, that was neat. She seems pretty solid, so I levelled her up. Guess she's also a good use of burst pots, with that break.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
Well, my luck continues -- 20 3* tickets got me HT Lid, so now I've gotten the featured 5* on three of the last four banners.

Anyone know when the next step-up banner is? I have enough lapis to do three steps on the step-up, and I'm tempted to try my luck on Lila/Sephiroth, but they would be "fun," not vital, so I don't want to blow my lapis if there's a more interesting step-up coming soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quality Control
Feb 2, 2001

Your are very dangerous. Be dead down here.

werdnam posted:

Well, my luck continues -- 20 3* tickets got me HT Lid, so now I've gotten the featured 5* on three of the last four banners.

Anyone know when the next step-up banner is? I have enough lapis to do three steps on the step-up, and I'm tempted to try my luck on Lila/Sephiroth, but they would be "fun," not vital, so I don't want to blow my lapis if there's a more interesting step-up coming soon.
Well, going by the JP version, the next one will be CG Reagan in July but that will just be a 1 lap/11k lapis one. The next 3 lap/25k lapis step-up would be the FFVIII one in August. But again, that's just going by the JP version and things can definitely change for Global.

• Locked thread