Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
On one hand, I get why they do the "heroes don't kill" thing, because it's good for kids (though I doubt kids are watching soapy poo poo like the CW-verse) and because it lets them milk drama from Oliver wanting to kill but being unable to. And also I guess it keeps him on the good side of his non-killing friends and Lance.

On the other, if they're really going to keep doing these season-long (or mid-season long) villains, then they've got to come up with a better excuse, because holy poo poo Diaz has earned a ton of arrows. The last time Oliver honestly had an excuse to not kill was season 2 when that dead-Tommy wound was still fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
That explains the heroes, but what that dumbass criminal organization he invited himself into? They just line up to be sliced open by his homicidal hissy-fits, one after the other.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

CrimsonAuthor posted:

That explains the heroes, but what that dumbass criminal organization he invited himself into? They just line up to be sliced open by his homicidal hissy-fits, one after the other.

Also Laurel and Anatoly.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I miss Brick. At least he was ambiguously bulletproof.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/GaryMLevin/status/997141762312474624
Huh, that's interesting.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I guess it’s still too early to say if Black Lightning is gonna join the other four shows in the crossover this year, right?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I am excited for this new future crew member of the Legends

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Apparently the airdates are getting shuffled for a couple of the shows too.
https://fansided.com/2018/05/17/the-cw-fall-tv-2018-schedule-supergirl-to-sunday-arrow-moves-again/
Supergirl on Sundays, Legends/Arrow on Mondays, Flash still on Tuesdays.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Sunday is a really odd spot, but I guess that's a consequence of the CW having more original shows and they still want Supergirl at the start of the week

Edit: looking at what else is being scheduled, Supergirl is acting as lead in for a new series and Arrow is being moved to make room for a new spin-off of another popular show while Supernatural still plays lead in.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 17, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're trying to make Sunday a thing now.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Isn't moving a show to Sunday night a death knell?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Eh generally but Walking Dead has done OK.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Burning_Monk posted:

No, that's Friday (with some exceptions). Sunday isn't a death slot, but it does tend to be difficult because it has to compete with the NFL in the fall. But given that it's Supergirl and Charmed, I don't think there's much demographic overlap.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Burning_Monk posted:

Sunday is prestige tv night

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Sunday nights is a good slot for a show. I'm just happy they aren't doing the weird "supergirl takes a break, here is Legends for a couple months in the timeslot!" thing they did. It wasn't the worst thing ever, I just like having all 4 shows each week.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I don't, I have enough poo poo to watch. Hard to keep up.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The episode tonight's been fine and all, but I'm just waiting for Sara to show up

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:rip: Quentin. If only your daughter was the captain of a time traveling ship that has future medical technology. Oh well.

Oliver squaring up and shaking hands with everyone(except for Curtis lol) was alright.

Even with how bad this season has been, that ending for Diaz was super lame and disappointing.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

So I guess the Longbow Hunters thing was just a set-up for next season?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ShakeZula posted:

So I guess the Longbow Hunters thing was just a set-up for next season?

Diaz working with 3 assassins that even the mighty League of Shadows is afraid of? Now he's really truly finally won. :v:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:rip: Quentin. If only your daughter was the captain of a time traveling ship that has future medical technology. Oh well.

I mean the future medical technology on the Waverider couldn't save Stein from a gutshot, but yeah, that was kind of aggravating.

You'd have thought the Arrow writers' room would've learned the lesson from this season of Flash that tossing your main character into the clink is a bad idea, but welp.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
That was probably the least bullshit way they could've done the obvious bullshit ending we all called. I'm laffin' for real over the fact that Green Arrow Supermax has been in production hell for like a decade and it's gonna end up being S7 of a cable network show.

please be Earth-1 Alex PLEASE BE EARTH-1 ALEX

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
My cable cut out right as Lance was going into surgery and didn't come back until Oliver's little speech at the end. I mean I knew he was a dead man but still it would have been nice to actually see the reactions.

Also I would really like to see one of these drat series just let an actor quit without killing the character. Both Lance and Professor Stein on Legends have had pretty preventable deaths but nope we can't just have them ride into the sunset, gotta give these characters a little more angst since they didn't have enough already.

Also also... so what's gonna happen with Laurel? I mean we can't have two screaming vigilantes around. The Arrowverse rejects redundancy if Kid Flash is any indication.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TwoPair posted:

Also also... so what's gonna happen with Laurel? I mean we can't have two screaming vigilantes around. The Arrowverse rejects redundancy if Kid Flash is any indication.

hmm... if only we had some sort of... ship... to store superfluous characters on...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

You'd have thought the Arrow writers' room would've learned the lesson from this season of Flash that tossing your main character into the clink is a bad idea, but welp.

The Barry-lite eps were some of the best of the year for Flash, thank you :colbert:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Chokes McGee posted:

hmm... if only we had some sort of... ship... to store superfluous characters on...

Oh THAT would go over well. "I'm the Evil Universe duplicate of your dead sister. Let's be besties!"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Oh THAT would go over well. "I'm the Evil Universe duplicate of your dead sister. Let's be besties!"

“Gideon! Plot a course to Zambesi, 1992. I’m gonna throw this bitch and Siren-X at Darhk before he becomes Mallus so he can pick up the hat-trick.”

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bruceski posted:

this is legends of tomorrow so I'm going to assume this wasn't sarcasm :hai:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Dear Legends,

I write to you with a solemn request. Please bring Diaz over to LoT and let Kirk Acevedo chew up all the scenery. He can be the villain or a new member of the team, I don't care.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Also I would really like to see one of these drat series just let an actor quit without killing the character. Both Lance and Professor Stein on Legends have had pretty preventable deaths but nope we can't just have them ride into the sunset, gotta give these characters a little more angst since they didn't have enough already.

I mean, 2 other characters did that this season.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The Waverider is where characters go from the Arrowverse to get cool :colbert:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I'm so glad that Oliver had a goodbye talk for every member of his team: Diggle, Felicity, Rene, Dinah, and Quentin.

Jesus Christ that was a terrible finale.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I kinda wish they had no said that Blackthorne won't be coming back to Arrow next season, it telegraphed his death. Though good thing I forgot Caity Lotz was in the opening credits, so it was a surprised when she showed up.

I do like that Ollie just straight up stabbed Diaz finally. Also great seeing a government organization actually be competent on the show. Also, that's the first time I've actually liked Rene.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Bring back Ragman
...and then put him on the Waverider. He'd fit well with Constantine IMO.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Wait, that was the last episode? Diaz is a multi-season villain? Oh my god, even Ra's al Ghul couldn't last that long, and he didn't have to fight the FBI.

I wonder which WCW wrestler Ollie will befriend in prison? My money is on Kevin Nash.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Hoping for former WCW World Heavyweight Champion David Arquette.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blaise330 posted:

Wait, that was the last episode? Diaz is a multi-season villain? Oh my god, even Ra's al Ghul couldn't last that long, and he didn't have to fight the FBI.

I wonder which WCW wrestler Ollie will befriend in prison? My money is on Kevin Nash.

Villianos 4 and 5.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
These loving shows have become absolute hate watches this season. I threw my hands up in despair when Diaz fell into the water, like FFS!

But then, he already won, right?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

superLINUS posted:

These loving shows have become absolute hate watches this season. I threw my hands up in despair when Diaz fell into the water, like FFS!

I'm glad Oliver did the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

And then I kept my eye on the clock, like, no way they're just gonna let him fall in the water and show up next season, right? Right? Is he about to pop up again so Ollie can stab him in the face this time...?

I don't know why the writers are so in love with this guy.