Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I hope E3 announces doom 2016 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mordja posted:

Well, looks like COD is back to modern-ish-but-not-really combat which means speed and movement in multiplayer FPS is back to where it was half a decade ago, save us Titanfall 3. :pray:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

cheetah7071 posted:

I hope E3 announces doom 2016 2

I mean same, but Bethesda might see Rage 2 as their one, big FPS this year.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Announce Titanfall 3 please

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the best pokemon game is pokemon ultraviolet because it gives you the GBA remake of red/blue with all 151 pokemon and that's literally all you need. everything else after sucked rear end, while digimon had so much better creature design, by and large. I mean just look at this motherfucker

and then check out this rad mothertfucker

like holy poo poo. there's such a diversity and intensity to so many of the digimon, all of them unique characters, that was just mindblowing as a kid and still hold up today.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

Announce Titanfall 3 please

Respawn is making a star wars game so it will probably be a few years

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

the best pokemon game is pokemon ultraviolet because it gives you the GBA remake of red/blue with all 151 pokemon and that's literally all you need. everything else after sucked rear end, while digimon had so much better creature design, by and large. I mean just look at this motherfucker

and then check out this rad mothertfucker

like holy poo poo. there's such a diversity and intensity to so many of the digimon, all of them unique characters, that was just mindblowing as a kid and still hold up today.

Those things look stupid as hell

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
bring back high ttks in fps games my brain is too slow for all these twitch mil shooters

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

DisDisDis posted:

bring back high ttks in fps games my brain is too slow for all these twitch mil shooters

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

You may enjoy Overwatch OP.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In Ecco I got all the way to the second to last level and just didn't feel like dealing with it so I shelve it and when i went back I had no idea what the gently caress I was doing and that was that. I still feel annoyed about that because Ecco was a really cool game that I think would almost be impossible to go back to now, so it was like my one shot. It's also a game that's known for being absurdly hard so it would have been cool to be able to say I got through it.

The closest I've gotten to beating a game without doing so was Rogue Galaxy. Got all the way to the Boss of the game's final form which puts you in a giant form that controls like rear end and I think if you died you either had to go back to the previous forms or it might have just been that if I turned off the game I would have had to start back at the first part of the fight but either way it just seemed like a horrible unfun slog and the game wasn't even that good so whatever.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

fitting that the thread would talk about monster games and games you got close to beating but didn't.

I was always partial to Dragon Warrior Monsters but I also got to and never beat the Starry Night Tournament.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does this mean PUBG is dead and we enter the Fortblops era

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
It's been losing players at a pretty steady rate but it'd have to lose a ton more before it gets close to dead.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

In Training posted:

You may enjoy Overwatch OP.

I did for a little while but slowly realized I just, loving hate it and think it's bad lmao

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got to last stage of Pikmin 3 but I can't multitask and never beat it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah, even as diminished as it is after fortnite's rise, the population for PUBG is still double the amount of players of the next biggest game on steam, DOTA2. it's not going anywhere at the moment

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Also OW still has really low ttk for a lot of the cast and insanely sluggish movement without the sprint button most games have to compensate and a loving aimbot character lmao

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lets play quake 3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

Also OW still has really low ttk for a lot of the cast and insanely sluggish movement without the sprint button most games have to compensate and a loving aimbot character lmao

Ah I didn't realize as I've never really played it myself. Sorry

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

lets play quake 3

I do this often

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lets play unreal tournament 2k4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dreamcast Quake 3 played on the controller

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lets play

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

let's play money making game

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

The Colonel posted:

lets play unreal tournament 2k4

hell yes

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Q3A ran surprisingly well on the Dreamcast.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the dreamcast had an exclusive arena mp third-person shooter with mouse and keyboard support

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We will, we you

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Didn't quite work but nevermind

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

In Training posted:

Ah I didn't realize as I've never really played it myself. Sorry

oh I thought you were kidding but also I just like to talk poo poo about OW no problemo.

I wish Reflex didn't die but also I contributed to its death by not playing all this time.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

DisDisDis posted:

I'm not just speaking from nostalgia, because I've only really started appreciating 90s-style FPS games more as I've grown older, but I honestly do think the arena shooter was the zenith of skill-based, competitive multiplayer. You had to have good movement skills as well as accuracy, map design was a lot more vertical and you had to know what spawned where, the majority of weapons weren't hitscan and each had different physics models, and, by and large, it was hard to kill an enemy in a single shot, meaning evenly matched players could duel it out throughout a level. Compare this to most modern, low-ttk shooters where it's all about who gets the drop on who and shoots first.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mordja posted:

I'm not just speaking from nostalgia, because I've only really started appreciating 90s-style FPS games more as I've grown older, but I honestly do think the arena shooter was the zenith of skill-based, competitive multiplayer. You had to have good movement skills as well as accuracy, map design was a lot more vertical, the majority of weapons weren't hitscan and each had different physics models, and, by and large, it was hard to kill an enemy in a single shot, meaning evenly matched players could duel it out throughout a level. Compare this to most modern, low-ttk shooters where it's all about who gets the drop on who and shoots first.

have you heard the good news about a little game called... lawbreakers

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Cowcaster posted:

have you heard the good news about a little game called... lawbreakers

Yeah and I liked what I played of it, I just wasn't stupid enough to actually pay for the thing.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89H0eeRKqu4

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Going to be too busy with Red Dead Redemption 2 to care about Black Ops 4.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

This looks like character art for a RIFTS Mutants in Orbit remake.

This looks like Charzard going through a Chuunibyou phase.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What does that piece of metal on the tail do

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

Digimon was for furries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Cowcaster posted: