Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

I wish I hadn't seen this

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

whomupclicklike posted:

I wish I hadn't seen this

it is as though its exposure to more brains is some kind of Terrible Working/tewwible uwu king

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
someone is making CFCs again in asia

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/may/16/mysterious-rise-in-banned-ozone-destroying-chemical-shocks-scientists

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Good good.

This is fine.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

an alt.destroy.the.earth alumnus perhaps

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Good, Professor Chaos' plan is finally coming to fruition.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

lol owned by capitalism yet again

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/GMPaiella/status/997098335650664449

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
aaaaaaa

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

holy mother of god

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!

Sweet Jesus

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

hans.... are we the baddies?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

looking at the posts on these psychopathic US armed forces social media accounts is like watching the wicked scepter sketch

"I'm going to take out this tape of you bombing a child's funeral in Afghanistan and play this tape of Russia bombing civilians in Syria"

THAT IS YOU!!!

https://twitter.com/usairforce/status/997167056276611072

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 00:56 on May 18, 2018

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

rip killed by a deafening #BRRRT

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol the dumb 18 year old they put in charge of the air force twitter account hosed up so bad he's going to be in the first wave invading iran and die. talk about #brrrt

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
ouch. i guess the us air force learned that you cant just drop insensitivity wherever you want on social media

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
better target sensitivity than how they see weddings though

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Mercrom posted:

ouch. i guess the us air force learned that you cant just drop insensitivity wherever you want on social media

Lol. No they didnt.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
its ok sooner or later they will turn the A-10s on us

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Over Easy posted:

looking at the posts on these psychopathic US armed forces social media accounts is like watching the wicked scepter sketch

"I'm going to take out this tape of you bombing a child's funeral in Afghanistan and play this tape of Russia bombing civilians in Syria"

THAT IS YOU!!!

https://twitter.com/usairforce/status/997167056276611072

pro fuckin post right here

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Check the dates :v:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

90s nostalgia is going too far

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x5YDCj-wiE

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
its extremely bad that self-driving cars will only be used by silicon valley geeks who refuse to learn a skill, and not people with disabilities who actually need something like that

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Low Desert Punk posted:

its extremely bad that self-driving cars will only be used by silicon valley geeks who refuse to learn a skill, and not people with disabilities who actually need something like that

wrong

although we live in a lovely world where autocars are allowed on the roads, it is a good thing that only rich people are using them. that means most of the victims are the same rich people. i wish all rich people would buy a tesla and ram into a concrete barrier. i encourage it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Wouldn't new age Yanni music be the worse thing to hear?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Krankenstyle posted:

although we live in a lovely world where autocars are allowed on the roads, it is a good thing that only rich people are using them. that means most of the victims are the same rich people. i wish all rich people would buy a tesla and ram into a concrete barrier. i encourage it.

you're forgetting about all the poor people in the crosswalks that the algorithm treats the same as a cardboard box in the road

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Krankenstyle posted:

wrong

they'll just drive into people with seeing eye dogs crossing the street

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

we should just train dogs to drive cars

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Low Desert Punk posted:

you're forgetting about all the poor people in the crosswalks that the algorithm treats the same as a cardboard box in the road

yeah. gently caress.

maybe if we paint people silhouettes on the concrete barriers, theyll slam into them more

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Krankenstyle posted:

yeah. gently caress.

maybe if we paint people silhouettes on the concrete barriers, theyll slam into them more

Maybe someone could develop a worm to make model3 embedded computers trap the occupants inside and overheat the batteries until they ignite while the car is sitting still, and (generally) reduce the number of bystanders getting hurt?

...except what would this virus be called?

edit: all I can come up with is bronzebull.jpg.exe

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

virus name: lamer exterminator (subtle callback to 1980s amiga idiots)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

silentsnack posted:

Maybe someone could develop a worm to make model3 embedded computers trap the occupants inside and overheat the batteries until they ignite while the car is sitting still, and (generally) reduce the number of bystanders getting hurt?

...except what would this virus be called?

edit: all I can come up with is bronzebull.jpg.exe

thermidor

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Low Desert Punk posted:

snake?

snake!?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
how about some real and genuinely terrifying dystopia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDVVo14A_fo

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

anime was right posted:

naw its just a thought experiment its all good

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

anime was right posted:

Hah, this won't be terrif...

:stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
actually i cant wait until computers dispel the notions of individualism and free will in humans. yeah ok propaganda and other kinds of manipulation by megacorporations is gonna be more effective, but other than that it seems cool