Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Simply Simon posted:

I've seen it in like three posts now and am genuinely mystified what some people think a foreskin looks like. How does petrification has anything to do with it? Scales??

I think it's less of a 1:1 visual cue and has more to do with the metaphorical idea of emerging from an outer shell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master

Simply Simon posted:

I've seen it in like three posts now and am genuinely mystified what some people think a foreskin looks like. How does petrification has anything to do with it? Scales??

soft, vulnerable interior, emerging from it's cocoon...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Simply Simon posted:

Look at this privileged guy over here that didn't get a case of the titanite dick when he hit puberty

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

skasion posted:

Also with more racism

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Is it still Lovecraftian horror without the racism? :abrathink:

Can't figure it anymore but the argument was basically as Lovecraft wrote about evil foriegn cults and the horror of race mixing, bloodborne is about how Victorian England plays on those fears to oppress the underclass while secretly engaging in the horrible rituals they claim to surpress

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Look at this privileged guy over here that didn't get a case of the titanite dick when he hit puberty

a whole new meaning for "Seathe the scaleless"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
hey let's see what the dark souls twitter is up to today, usually they post some neat fan art and stuff so

https://twitter.com/DarkSoulsGame/status/997234742151073798

:barf:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I think it's less of a 1:1 visual cue and has more to do with the metaphorical idea of emerging from an outer shell

Kalaxus posted:

soft, vulnerable interior, emerging from it's cocoon...
FORESKINS AREN'T HARD

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

simon it sounds like you need to see a doctor

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

StashAugustine posted:

Can't figure it anymore but the argument was basically as Lovecraft wrote about evil foriegn cults and the horror of race mixing, bloodborne is about how Victorian England plays on those fears to oppress the underclass while secretly engaging in the horrible rituals they claim to surpress

Not to ignore your point but that is also a thing that Lovecraft spent a good bit of time writing about

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Chosen Undead, you have come at a strange time. Please leave me alone and come back later.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

amazing

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

CJacobs posted:

Chosen Undead, you have come at a strange time. Please leave me alone and come back later.

Dang the remaster looks great.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

CJacobs posted:

:kiss:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

CJacobs posted:

Note that this would make the Orange Charred Ring a cockring. Truly a theory with merit if I've ever seen one.

Or 'just' the removed foreskin.

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master
Even if I had the money, can't justify buying a PS4 just for Bloodborne. Need a PC version, shouldn't have to buy an overpriced mini-PC just because greedy rear end Sony treats its exclusive titles like Disney treats copyright law. Especially with PS5 development announced, clearly too late now to each that $400 turd sandwich. Come on Linux programmers, what was all that big talk on Monolith drivers and everything can be read and is just a file to Linux. blech...just about out of DS1 bosses again, not feeling the patience for the long rear end DS2 run and coming off that overplayed DS3 kick brought me back here, to begin with. God, I miss Blockbuster and their console rentals

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You can get a PS4 for $150 easily these days and it's absolutely worth buying one to play Bloodborne if you like the souls series. There are a lot of other PS4-exclusive titles (mostly sony properties) that are worth playing that you can pick up for cheap too. Bloodborne is never, ever, ever coming to PC for the same reason Demon's Souls isn't, so if you want to play it, PS4 is your only option.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
can i play demon's souls on a ps4 y or n

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

wizard on a water slide posted:

the entire point of the character is that gwyn cast him out/removed his powers/whatever and all the god-related characters in the game are different sizes; gwynevere is like four times the size of gwyn

that ain't gwynevere bro

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The real Gwynevere possibly wasn't actually that size considering the door to her chamber is too small for her to fit through it. The paintings and statues around Anor Londo do imply she really was that big though.

Arrhythmia posted:

can i play demon's souls on a ps4 y or n

If you make a JP psn account you can play it through PS Now for like 5 dollars but I don't think that counts that so no.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

CJacobs posted:

The real Gwynevere possibly wasn't actually that size considering the door to her chamber is too small for her to fit through it. The paintings and statues around Anor Londo do imply she really was that big though.

try rear but hole

i mean, uh, there's probably a back door or something.

quote:

If you make a JP psn account you can play it through PS Now for like 5 dollars but I don't think that counts that so no.

hmm. on a scale of one to linux how hard is that to do.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
like, do i just need to lie to sony about my street address, do i need to gently caress around with a vpn, do i need to read moon runes, what level are we on

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
PSN accounts are managed individually on your PS4, so you can just create a new user account and change your selected region to JP on signup. Then it'll automatically switch your region when you change accounts. From there you just navigate to the JP PSN store and Demon's Souls will be there on PS Now. The reason I don't recommend you do it though is because the text is not in English and I haven't found a way to change it.

It's much easier to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5eF3kw9ca0

if you have a gaming PC that can run it well enough.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Simply Simon posted:

FORESKINS AREN'T HARD

lmao get a load of this guy with the soft foreskin

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I bet it doesn't even have scales

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Solaire is working by his bonfire when he hears the booming voice of Darkstalker Kaathe from below: “Solaire, sacrifice your souls. Entrust thy flesh to me.” He ignores it. It goes on for days. “Solaire, sacrifice your souls. Entrust thy flesh to me.” After weeks of this, he relents, selling his souls. Darkstalker Kaathe says, "Solaire, go to New Londo.” He asks why. “Solaire, take thy souls to New Londo.” He obeys, goes to New Londo. Kaathe says, “Solaire, go to the deepest well of The Abyss and throw all of yours souls down into its infinite depths.” Solaire hesitates but knows he must. He's commanded by one of the Primordial Serpents, after all. The depths are the deepest blackness. “Solaire, sacrifice thy souls.” Why? The Abyss— “Sacrifice thy souls!” He demands something of Darkstalker Kaathe--to tell him if Ceaseless Discharge is an allegory for anything; he dumps some souls into the Abyss as he does so. He breathes easy. “Solaire, sacrifice all of thy souls.” What? “SACRIFICE ALL OF THY SOULS." He asks for another answer: Was the furtive pygmy a midget or a dwarf. Some more souls are sprinkled into the well. “Solaire, sacrifice thy souls,” the voice of Darkstalker Kaathe commands. I only have a million left! Solaire shouts. “SACRIFICE THY SOULS!” booms the voice. One more question, Solaire suggests, sprinkling more souls. The booming voice of Darkstalker Kaathe goes: “Hit your dick with a hammer, if you still have your foreskin it'll bounce off like it's made of stone."

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

CJacobs posted:

They built the room around her

e: her foreskin

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 07:41 on May 18, 2018

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Kalaxus posted:

Especially with PS5 development announced

huh?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dudes an idiot

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master

Sony is working on its next-gen console, expecting 2020-2021 release date assuming the market and tech don't call for delay or anything. Microsoft is considering another Xbox One X type of rollout to compete if necessary. They don't want to make a new generation of consoles, they would like to make living room couch-friendly PCs that fit under TV, but they do have a small team exploring Xbox 2 angle if Sony forces their hand.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kalaxus posted:

Sony is working on its next-gen console, expecting 2020-2021 release date assuming the market and tech don't call for delay or anything. Microsoft is considering another Xbox One X type of rollout to compete if necessary. They don't want to make a new generation of consoles, they would like to make living room couch-friendly PCs that fit under TV, but they do have a small team exploring Xbox 2 angle if Sony forces their hand.

So... where was ps5 development announced, you didn't answer the question.

edit: I mean 'huh?' isn't much of a question but the implication there is that you have a source for such a claim.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I mean thats more than likely correct but it hasn't been announced unless you count speculation on GameFAQs as an announcement.

Also lol at 'oh no Sony have perfectly normal console cycle planned'

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 09:43 on May 18, 2018

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
It's pretty much common knowledge that the Playstation Five exists and is in development, but it's not called "Playstation Five", it's called "Playstation Cinco".

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master
not a done, release build date announced. Just that Sony is trying end this generation sooner than later. Like the Nintendo Dolphin announcement way back when. Instead of Nintendo system running CD games in 2yrs we got a Sony PlayStation and Nintendo 64 like 2.5yr-4yr or so. usually, any news doesn't leak until the projects are much further along behind the scenes.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

They built the room around her

Same with the Anor Londo Titanite Demon really.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
If I'm circumcised can I beat the bed of chaos by myself or will I have to summon in a sun bro who's not prepucially challenged? Asking for a friend.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

b-but the church told me they had to cut off my foreskin or else it would calcify and I wouldn't be able to have children and my soul would go to hell! why would they lie about that???

*meanwhile, at the Vatican, the pope inspects the dozens of foreskins laid before him with casual boredom, until he stops at mine*

This is the one. Let us partake in communion...

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
My problem with the ~lore~ community of Dark Souls/Bloodborne is that the whole point of the story in these games is to force you to think about the themes on your own and come to your own conclusions. Not just about facts in the setting but about what overarching themes all this poo poo represents. Instead people flock to lore videos and take them as word of gospel. Nothing wrong with those videos as a way to stimulate thought and discussion but if you only listen to them and never do your own thinking you are missing the point.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

CJacobs posted:

PSN accounts are managed individually on your PS4, so you can just create a new user account and change your selected region to JP on signup. Then it'll automatically switch your region when you change accounts. From there you just navigate to the JP PSN store and Demon's Souls will be there on PS Now. The reason I don't recommend you do it though is because the text is not in English and I haven't found a way to change it.

It's much easier to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5eF3kw9ca0

if you have a gaming PC that can run it well enough.

this is misleading, i did this and its not super easy but I got it running

you need to run through the entire game before it can run properly though because it needs to build up the shader cache and you can't import someone elses caches like you can with Cemu or whatever

otherwise you'll get less than single digit fps every time you see a new thing

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

nopantsjack posted:

this is misleading, i did this and its not super easy but I got it running

you need to run through the entire game before it can run properly though because it needs to build up the shader cache and you can't import someone elses caches like you can with Cemu or whatever

otherwise you'll get less than single digit fps every time you see a new thing
That is true, it is definitely not recommended for a first blind "whoaaa look at this atmosphere" experience, but it's great to just see how it feels to play DeS after watching billions of LPs.

Were you able to get the sound playing properly? It's fine for me for five minutes, but then some effects start playing over each other, cacophony into chaos and finally it stays blissfully silent...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

I’m a big baby and I was hoping that a few of the long runs to bosses would be shortened in the re-release. Fuuuuck that O&S run.