Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Flying dancer mage is pretty potent though

It really is. Running her on a flier team with a blade tome is going to go a long in way making her actually worthwhile in combat.

Sucks that I have to sac her for chill atk but maybe I’ll get two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I'm so glad marth finally got his day

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Sanaki's b skill sounds like cancer on dragons/armors

but that means giving up QR...

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Why is every Tharja red

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Ostentatious posted:

u should try running firesweep and glimmer. make full use of her speed and attack while allowing her to freely fight units at the same time not triggering QR3

I was running Draconic/Wo earlier and she was fine, but it landed me on the wrong side of maintaining t20, so instead she gets a subpar build that scores higher since I think I'm right on the edge.

It's okay though, it's been good enough since her main job is counterkilling green dragons

E: given that I'm going to have either Aether or Galeforce as a special, do you have any build recommendations?

Elyv fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 18, 2018

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
No Anna = no sale. Also, more loving Tharja alts can bugger off. Also, also, why loving Sanaki of all units? Jesus. None of these skills are quite important enough for me to pull for in any great number either. Chill Attack for Marth would be nice bit that's only if I luck poo poo it in the free pull. What a trash banner.

At least groom Marth is free.

Silver Falcon posted:

I dimly recall you talking up NY Corrin awhile back but I forget what you said about him. How did you build yours? What is he good at?
- Def refine on his bow
- Rally Def/Res
- Bonfire
- ATK/DEF 2
- Bowbreaker 3
- Spur Def/Res
- Defense seal

Basically, I made use of his vanilla build as a defensive buffer and took advantage of his good defense stat to be an anti-archer. As a buffer, he's only a tier behind the very best like Eirika, Marth and Axzura and as an anti-archer he's undefeatable. I've got him on an AA team with Marth and Brave Lucy to stack drives and spurs and they get used very frequently.

Not a meta-defining unit of course, but combining two roles like he does has helped carve out a useful and unique niche in my roster. Definitely the best of the "bad" units in my opinion.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 18, 2018

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Flying mage dancer what? I really wanted a full ranged flying team too, hopefully I get ninian and sanki in 100 orbs that I have saved. Ugh but I don't really need them that much, guess I just pull until I get Ninian and then quit. Really want to wait for some bold/vengeful fighter banner or something jucy instead of more one off units that I'll never merge.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Good news: Sanaki's damaged art is fine.

Bad news: Ninian's damaged art has some anatomy issues with her right leg.

At least Tharja's special art looks pretty good.

I'll still pull for one Ninian, though.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm just looking forward to the voting gauntlet banner so I can try and get Charlotte.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Bride in a black dress carrying a flaming bouquet

That's some :discourse: :discourse: :discourse: metal aeshtetic right there

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

confirmed, Ninian has legs and feet

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

golden bubble posted:

Bad news: Ninian's damaged art has some anatomy issues with her right leg.

Part of the injury was a broken leg, obviously

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
she's really dragon her leg hahahahahaha

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

listen if you're trying to dance, on a pegasus, in those heels, it's not surprising you'd break your ankle

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Her legs are so noodley. They're almost wyrm-like.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

blizzardvizard posted:

Bride in a black dress carrying a flaming bouquet

That's some :discourse: :discourse: :discourse: metal aeshtetic right there

too bad her blushing face ruins it

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

cheetah7071 posted:

Part of the injury was a broken leg, obviously

You can make that twist without breaking your leg. The real problem is how high her right leg is when it's only a few inches behind the other leg. It can't be due to her hips, since the right hip is lower than the left hip. So the only reasonable explanation is Ninian's right thigh is six inches shorter than her left thigh. It probably got cut out by Durandal.

Tired Moritz posted:

I actually like the noodleness. It's cute.

Also what's a fireposy

A posy is a small bunch of flowers. A fireposy is a small bunch of flowers that's on fire.

golden bubble fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 18, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I actually like the noodleness. It's cute.

Also what's a fireposy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Anatomy aside I really like the coloring in Ninian's art

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Ninian's art is real bad, Tharja's art is the best Tharja art yet though still not amazing, Sanaki's art is fine but yeah, the concept of bridal Sanaki is a little funky, even in RD she's still only fourteen. Speed feint and def/res link look fun but this banner isn't getting any of my orbs at least until Clair banner ends.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 06:16 on May 18, 2018

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

So the silhouettes were Ninian and Sanaki. People guessed the Ninian one right (the guesses were based on what looked like Ninian's hair... things on the left silhouette), but I don't think anyone would have guessed Sanaki for the right one.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I actually really like Tharja's art, so I guess I'll make a pull on red. Not wild on the rest of the banner, but if I get a Ninian that's cool I guess.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
The time is coming for me to start refining some of these Armor Smasher weapons. Does the bonus neutralising effect only apply to buffs (like Rallies and Fortifies) or does it also apply to combat bonuses like Wards and Drives as well?

If it's the latter, that's great. If it's only the former, I won't bother with it and just boost a stat.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Ah nevermind. It negates "bonuses" but not "combat boosts" so it's essentially worthless because no one uses Fortifies and Hones on armoured units apart from bladetome VLyns.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

Ah nevermind. It negates "bonuses" but not "combat boosts" so it's essentially worthless because no one uses Fortifies and Hones on armoured units apart from bladetome VLyns.

i still see fortify & hone from time to time. Especially if there's armor marchers. But I'm also in a lower bracket.

That said I have to wonder how long until we get weapons/skills that ignore "in-combat" boosts. Those are all over the place these days, especially when it comes to weapon refines. Or at least specifically Spur/Drive/Goad/Ward.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I hope not. Or at least not as a hard debuff similar to Chill skills. As they are, I think combat bonuses are challenging to deal with but not game breaking.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I like Sanaki as a character, but something about her art bothers me and Bride Sanaki really isn’t the alt I’ve wanted. Ninian looks amazing though, love the art style the artist used. Makes me wish I had orbs, but Ishtar ate all of them and I still only have one that’s -ATK.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Sanaki's giant forehead strikes again.

I kinda wish they went with Minister Sasaki if they wanted to give her a wedding-themed alt, but I guess that's what fanart is for.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Pretty much any other version of Sanaki would've been cooler.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Sanaki but she's just really smug.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

I hope not. Or at least not as a hard debuff similar to Chill skills. As they are, I think combat bonuses are challenging to deal with but not game breaking.

They aren't, especially against the AI that likes to split up, but it's weird how there's this entire buff system in place that you can't negate, but we can undo, ignore, reverse, reverse the reverse, and cancel the reverse the not as dangerous buffs.
I mean like you just said, a weapon refine that ignores buffs was considered useless because it didn't ignore bonuses.

Anyway my idea wasn't to make them totally useless, that'd be awful and ruin a ton of builds depending on how the language of it was. Probably don't introduce a Panic-like status effect either, that'd be a bit too crazy since it might even work on the ____ Blows. But maybe there could be an alternate refine for Armor Smashers & Ridersbane that ignores unit-specific goad/ward instead of hone/fortify. Or someone gets a personal weapon that ignores in-combat bonuses of those you fight; that could be a fun thing to give one of the ho-hum starter units.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
The banner doesn't have anything I need and has no favourites so I'll skip it. I might do a full circle with the free summon for fodder though.

Sanaki is such a weird pick for this banner. No one predicted it and no one was asking for it.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News/status/997321532698345472?s=19

Groom Marth confirmed as a TT character

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Finally the era of "Marth alt when" memes is over.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
are we just gonna get axe cavaliers from seasonals now

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

are we just gonna get axe cavaliers from seasonals now

IS are too cowardly to put Kieran in

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
ok i'll spend feathers making +1 husbando marth sure

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
it's way too late to hope for IS to actually fix the issue but it's not too late to patch sanaki's title to something that explicitly outlines that she's not your waifu ("flower girl apostle" or whatever)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
On the other hand, fates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
All her dialogue is gonna refer to how she just put on the dress for the festival but like we know what they were thinking when they chose Sanaki instead of anyone else