Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Xabi posted:

Wrong thread TBF.
:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
https://twitter.com/rioferdy5/status/997926481786474496

Why would you even post this

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Gotta flex the bi TBF.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Xabi posted:

Gotta flex the bi TBF.

Someone should let him know then.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Aw that's not that horrible it's kinda nice

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It's actually the worst lol

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Does anyone have that post about triangles and looking for the pass that wasn't made?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Let me share some unique Barcelona soccer experience with you, in this very thread, because you are missing the subtlety. Instead of following the ball, follow the off ball movement. Look for triangles to appear, dissolve and then reappear right before your eyes. Watch as player's heads swivel to find the man making the run for the second pass, not the first. Watch the tight control and decision making. Don't appreciate the pass that was made, appreciate the pass that wasn't because it was more difficult and less likely to be successful.

Watch the instant pressure applied once the ball is lost. Appreciate the monumental patience and discipline required to maintain possession without making foolish passes for long stretches. Realize that they are making things that are incredibly difficult to do both physically and tactically look so easy that it becomes boring.

Or you can just say lol Barcelona matches are boring and hate them.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

peanut- posted:

Let me share some unique Barcelona soccer experience with you, in this very thread, because you are missing the subtlety. Instead of following the ball, follow the off ball movement. Look for triangles to appear, dissolve and then reappear right before your eyes. Watch as player's heads swivel to find the man making the run for the second pass, not the first. Watch the tight control and decision making. Don't appreciate the pass that was made, appreciate the pass that wasn't because it was more difficult and less likely to be successful.

Watch the instant pressure applied once the ball is lost. Appreciate the monumental patience and discipline required to maintain possession without making foolish passes for long stretches. Realize that they are making things that are incredibly difficult to do both physically and tactically look so easy that it becomes boring.

Or you can just say lol Barcelona matches are boring and hate them.

This is loving beautiful.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

lol Barcelona matches are boring and I hate them.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
So beautiful and so true

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

West007 posted:

lol Barcelona matches are boring and I hate them.

Um, sir, did you not see the above post sharing the wonders of the Barcelona Soccer Experience???

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
That post owns.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Suqit posted:

That post owns.

I like seeing it quoted because it reminds me of the good times in TRP.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
The leaf miner moth presents a serious threat to that most beloved of British trees, the horse chestnut. These tiny mites have attacked one particular breed of tree and done so with such cruel efficiency that it has rendered the future of conkers in Britain tragically uncertain. Meanwhile ash dieback is a fungus that attacks its prey with savage speed, killing juvenile trees with the efficiency of an assassin. In the 1970s Dutch elm disease destroyed millions of elms across the country. So if it can happen to trees, what if some foreign critter crept into the country undetected and started to attack football pundits? Granted, this is scientifically impossible, but go with me here. Let’s say that, as soon as the problem was identified, a house was built within a totally safe exclusion zone but only big enough to house one pundit’s ego. Who would you put inside? I would unhesitatingly send in Souness, whose tactical acumen is strong, who hands out praise and condemnation with even-handed sense and whose range of exasperated facial expressions is second to none.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

no he's the other one

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

He has censored the least offensive part of this.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Arsenal, with Mislintat as head of recruitment is different. I feel that we have a chance to be something of a middle-ground for Unai between PSG and Sevilla, with the money and stature to buy higher quality players then Sevilla could afford, but also the brains to not get bums who will not want to play for us. To use an American analogy, think the difference between the Oakland Athletics version of Moneyball, led by Billy Beane and the Boston Red Sox version of the same led by Theo Epstein. One won the world series, the other lost in the first round of the playoffs. 

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

R. Guyovich posted:

Arsenal, with Mislintat as head of recruitment is different. I feel that we have a chance to be something of a middle-ground for Unai between PSG and Sevilla, with the money and stature to buy higher quality players then Sevilla could afford, but also the brains to not get bums who will not want to play for us. To use an American analogy, think the difference between the Oakland Athletics version of Moneyball, led by Billy Beane and the Boston Red Sox version of the same led by Theo Epstein. One won the world series, the other lost in the first round of the playoffs. 

What the hell is these peoples’ obsession with moneyball? That hasn’t been a normal topic of conversation in American sports for years now.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

What is this I dont get it

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

African AIDS cum posted:

What is this I dont get it

It appears to be an advertisement for an Everton supporters pub that is going to show a replay of the 1995 FA Cup final at the same time Liverpool is getting bummed by Real Madrid in the Champions League Final in lieu of watching said Liverpool bumming.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Yeah why wouldn't they watch the match and support Madrid, that's one of the funnest parts of football, like being an ABU.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Despite being a United fan, I have always had a bit of a soft spot for Liverpool. Over the years, Liverpool has produced many entertaining, if not always brilliant teams. No matter how far behind they may be in the league, they have always given their utmost in matches against United ensuring the matches between the two sides have usually produced nail biting entertainment. I refer to the Ferguson era of course.

Steven Gerrard is one of my favourite footballers of all time and I have enjoyed following Brendan Rodgers’ career since his almost title winning season in the PL.

One thing that has made it a lot harder to like them has been the Liverpool fans who seem to be the loudest, most obnoxious of the bunch. I am sorry. We develop our biases based on our limited interaction and it’s quiet possible that my perception on this issue is entirely incorrect.

However, since Klopp’s arrival I have started liking the team more and more. I absolutely adore their front three who are (each one of them) an absolute joy to watch.

The icing on the cake is that three of their players are Muslims and they are out proving to the world that not all Muslims are terrorists and anyone who believes they are is an absolute cretin.

So more power to Liverpool for all these reasons. If it were not for Ronaldo, I would probably have been hoping for a Liverpool win (something I didn’t think was possible even a year ago) but as it stands, I am a complete neutral and will be happy with whoever wins as long as we get a great game.

I do maintain that Liverpool have had one of the easiest roads to the final in recent memory. However, it does not mean that if they win the title they will be any less deserving of it.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

blue footed boobie posted:

What the hell is these peoples’ obsession with moneyball? That hasn’t been a normal topic of conversation in American sports for years now.

What? Maybe not that actual term moneyball, but sabermetrics and the ridiculous analyzing of stats is at the core of American sports right now. All these dumb advanced stats and analytics have stemmed from the moneyball revolution.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Thom P. Tiers posted:

What? Maybe not that actual term moneyball, but sabermetrics and the ridiculous analyzing of stats is at the core of American sports right now. All these dumb advanced stats and analytics have stemmed from the moneyball revolution.

I think it’s more for just baseball than other sports, but I was just talking about moneyball and the people/teams involved in it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah no one talks about the A’s anymore.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

blue footed boobie posted:

I think it’s more for just baseball than other sports, but I was just talking about moneyball and the people/teams involved in it.

NBA has Moreyball. NHL has some weird advanced analytics that I know nothing about. The NFL is also doing the same thing. Moneyball was literally just looking at advanced statistics rather than traditional statistics. Which America is obsessed with right now.

That quote from that guys stupid post about an American analogy of moneyball actually makes no sense unless he's expecting Mislintat to delve into some super deep soccer analytics.

But you are correct, nobody talks about Billy Beane's A's anymore, they didn't even win! (The pitching staff owned, though)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Shrapnig posted:

It appears to be an advertisement for an Everton supporters pub that is going to show a replay of the 1995 FA Cup final at the same time Liverpool is getting bummed by Real Madrid in the Champions League Final in lieu of watching said Liverpool bumming.

Thanks OP

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Yeah no one talks about the A’s anymore.
Not true. People talk about them when the sewer system in their decrepit stadium backs up and the locker room floors get covered in liquid poo poo, which happens a good 2-3 times a year.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

https://www.change.org/p/uefa-uefa-fifa-should-punish-sergio-ramos-for-intentionally-hurting-mohamed-salah

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lmao

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer

Signed

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
http://www.businessinsider.fr/us/fox-sports-23andme-world-cup-dna-ad-2018-4

quote:

"We're all connected to a World Cup nation through our DNA," proclaims a commercial that began airing recently. "So this summer, root for your roots. Watch the FIFA World Cup on Fox, and let Fox broadcast sponsor 23andMe help you find your team."

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That’s a fairly neat campaign. A plastic generator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wenger goes to Real Madrid. Arsenal and Real Madrid meet in the round of 16 in 2020. Emery goes to shake Wenger's hand before the match and notices Wenger wearing a tie with a small red cannon at the bottom. Emery: "After all this time?" Wenger: "Always"