Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Also some of the new models are dope. X-wings have moving foils, Y-wing model looks way better, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

B-Wing looks like it's getting a new paint job but it would be cool if it came with moving strike foils but that might be expecting too much?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Chemmy posted:

Also some of the new models are dope. X-wings have moving foils, Y-wing model looks way better, etc.

I ordered the new Y-Wing specifically because of the new model. My Y-Wings have wimpy nacelles.

As for the conversion kit, you can also sell off models to offset the cost, or take advantage of getting the cardboard and dials for ships you don’t have by just buying models. I don’t have a Ghost but I can nab one for cheap I’m sure.

For cards, I just hope that the packs they’re in are for those ships only. While I get that upgrades are going to be for faction only in the packs, I wouldn’t want to buy a garbage fighter just to use its cards.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Ringo Star Get posted:

For cards, I just hope that the packs they’re in are for those ships only. While I get that upgrades are going to be for faction only in the packs, I wouldn’t want to buy a garbage fighter just to use its cards.

The best we know so far is that you won't need to buy cross-faction anymore, so at least you won't be an imperial player buying Kiraxkhz fighters and Starvipers for Crack Shot and Autothrusters.
Still might be the case that you'll be buying multiple Rebel V-Wings to get the upgrades you want for the X-Wings you already have, but I can live with that.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
That conversion kit reveal thing tomorrow will be on twitch, right? And what time zone are we talking about there?

I managed to snag a good deal on a used scum collection that is one of everything except the shadow caster and the hwk-290 so i'm pretty hyped right now.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Bistromatic posted:

That conversion kit reveal thing tomorrow will be on twitch, right? And what time zone are we talking about there?

I managed to snag a good deal on a used scum collection that is one of everything except the shadow caster and the hwk-290 so i'm pretty hyped right now.

It noon Central

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Also I have a feeling that these unboxing streams won't be revealing everything. I doubt they'll hold up every card to the camera, or anything of the sort.

I feel like they're going to strategically feed us some information about specific ships, upgrades, and mechanics. They'll keep a lot of it hidden in order to keep the hype train going.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I hope they don't show everything just to stop information overload. I WANT something to look forward to, come Gencon.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

enigmahfc posted:

I hope they don't show everything just to stop information overload. I WANT something to look forward to, come Gencon.

Speaking of GenCon, I'm hoping they'll be letting us know when the launch event is going to hit the event catalog.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Funzo posted:

Speaking of GenCon, I'm hoping they'll be letting us know when the launch event is going to hit the event catalog.

My understanding is that we will. It was definitely brought up.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

FFG should remain quiet at GenCon in respects to X-Wing 2.0 and just announce poo poo for Destiny and Legion. :v:

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

AndyElusive posted:

FFG should remain quiet at GenCon in respects to X-Wing 2.0 and just announce poo poo for Destiny and Legion. :v:

Nothing but Armada and Imperial Assault.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Just spoil everything so I can proxy until it comes out. 4 months is a long time to still be playing busted rear end 1.0

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

I think the best thing they can do is reveal enough to get games going via proxy. Maybe, just maybe, they’ll release the app too or the rules/pricing.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Got my plastic crack in the mail today. I'm excited to learn what everything does.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Here we go~

https://www.twitch.tv/ffglive

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Sabine is interesting

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Finster Dexter posted:

Sabine is interesting
Anything is better than auto-damage, gently caress that

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

A-Wings loaded to the gils for actions and SLOOPS.

B-Wings with 1 Speed T-ROLL

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
LMAO B WING HAS 1 RED TALON

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

B-wings have 1 talon rolls!! :dance:

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
HWK has Jam, 2 attack, stop, a WAY better dial, good lord.

Edit: Title ups it to 3 attack, and adds the ability to stock up to 2 focus.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I'm liking this more and more with every ship shown

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

The Moldy Crow... I want to put that in lists now lmao

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The HWK looks pretty good. Primary mobile arc, good dial, red jam, focus or lock link to red rotate. 2 die primary.

Moldy Crow title grants a primary front arc 3-die attack, and lets you keep up to 2 focuses at the end of the round

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

YT2400 has the same dial, 4-die mobile arc! Focus/Lock/Rotate/Red Barrel Roll. Built-in donut hole (can still shoot, but roll one less die AND don't get range bonus). Dash ignores obstacles while moving. No more "may."

The E-Wing dial is amazing, great action bar, and built-in long range scanners (slightly different: can't lock at range 1, can lock beyond range 3)

Corran has same ability, limited to bullseye arc, Init 5.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

Corran has same ability, limited to bullseye arc, Init 5
No Force :saddowns:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Talas posted:

No Force :saddowns:

Good.

I missed the A-Wing, can anyone summarize?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

Good.

I missed the A-Wing, can anyone summarize?

2/3/2/2 statline. Can link a red boost after any other action. Mostly same dial with sloops added.

Arvel can attack at range 0, and can bump into ships with a boost (treat as maneuver)

Also, Han gunner upgrade: Gets to shoot from one mobile arc at initiative 7 (han shoots first). Can't shoot from that arc again this round. So you can shoot left at init 7, then during his activation at init 6

Miranda: Can only regen if she has no shields.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

Miranda: Can only regen if she has no shields.
RIP Miranda

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Miranda is Primary only now, and can only regen when she has no shields.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

E-wing finally has a usable dial now, Norra and Miranda got nerfed pretty hard. Otherwise this looks really fun

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Bomblet nerefed to hell: Crits are normal damage, only 2 charges, have to spend shields to regen charges.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
What’s the Sabine thing?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

TheCenturion posted:

What’s the Sabine thing?

She starts with 1 Stress, Jam, Ion, and Tractor token, can add one of those to friendly bomb detonations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TheCenturion posted:

What’s the Sabine thing?

Upgrade card gets one of each negative token like ion/stress/jam. ABility triggers same as before, but now instead of autodamage, you spend a negative token from her card to give the same token to the ship.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

TheCenturion posted:

What’s the Sabine thing?
Instead of damage, she can add a status token to a bomb, like stress, ion, jam or tractor. Limited to how many she is loaded up with, one of each at the start of the game.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

TheCenturion posted:

What’s the Sabine thing?

Sabine crew gets an ion, jam, tractor, and disarm(?) token. When a bomb goes off, she can give out 1 of those tokens (thus that token is gone).

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I think I like the new Sheev. [unlimited range, allow a ship attacking or defending to use Sheev's force token]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Whoa, they literally balanced the entire game around the TIE Fighter, which is unchanged. Anything whose defenses were too strong for TIEs had those defenses nerfed.