Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
the start/select positioning is a nice touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Doggles posted:

Who's ready to play as their favorite Street Fighter characters in another crossover game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5ahvOwcF4Q

Man, sentai fans suck.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

looks like x tekken, sfv version

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Broken Loose posted:

actually, it's right-handed. you embrace the stick from behind the girl.

I don't want to know why you know this but I also want to know why you know this.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
everybody knows that's how you use bodypillow sticks

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

mango sentinel posted:

Nobody plays Melty for the waifus. All the dudes with stature and bodypillow money are playing persona and bb

There's a blazblue player who missed a few rent payments to pay off his daki debt

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Very intricate, how did you do the wiring to make it washable?

No one has ever washed one of those.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

dragon enthusiast posted:

everybody knows that's how you use bodypillow sticks

I'm the guy with the beer in the background.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Video won't work for me at the moment, but at least the thumbnail does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V2KVlDjogA

e: lol now it doesn't. It was the Yoshimitsu reveal video for SC6, someone screwed up.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp9jYKgA_P0

Yoshimitsu revealed

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Cross tag battle is really fun!

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

b_d posted:

:yeah:

Two and a half weeks! Here's a grand final from something or other with some people (Dropkick Tuesdays, WonderChef vs Karuda) in the meantime https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p69ZLvwZX9g

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

b_d posted:

I can't wait to watch people get super salty on stream when they get one-touched at a day one tournament.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

yoshimitsu looks really cool but i want to see lizardman

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I want the Kangaroo and/or Gon in Tekken 7

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The Hori RAPV Silent arrived today and after spending about half an hour with it I think I'm in love.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dizz posted:

I want the Kangaroo and/or Gon in Tekken 7

Roger was cut because harada saw a video of a real kangaroo boxer got a lot of dislikes

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't know why SC's awful voice acting bothers me when I usually couldn't give a poo poo but man SC has awful voice acting.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't know why SC's awful voice acting bothers me when I usually couldn't give a poo poo but man SC has awful voice acting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjxXcibVTew

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Roger was cut because harada saw a video of a real kangaroo boxer got a lot of dislikes

sounds like a perfect reason to keep roger in

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Few years old, sometimes youtube suggestions come through lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk-g6ax-ByI "Ryu destroys car just like the Street Fighter Arcade game!"

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Hopped on T7 ranked and traded wins with someone for a bit with my homedude King and it was neat. Then I loaded up training mode and man, the list of 200 normals/specials/combos is daunting, moreso knowing in a couple weeks my main fightman game time with be with BBTag.

PS I hope it does well and they hurry up and release some updates so we can call it by a more proper crossover name like BlazBlue Crossover Tag {Exthalmo} -hash- & ReVersioN ^n

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
the long movelists in games like tekken are a legacy mechanic from back when they came out in the 90's and "this game has 5 times the moves of street fighter, every possible combination of buttons does something unique!" was a legitimate selling point and since they all kind of use the exact same framework there's no reason to remove them, you generally only use like 10-20 of them

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

watching a lot of tekken 7

goddamn knee vs jdcr is such an exhausting match to watch

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
King also has the scariest movelist size too tbh. I went through everyone's moves but gave up on him somewhere 20 deep in chain grab combinations.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

king's movelist is partially a lie because half of it is bullshit throw chains that you should not care about and definitely should not be intimidated by

e: the tekken reddit has lists of important moves linked in the sidebar that has gifs of what they look like and all. here's king for example https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments/86v3bc/king_top_15_move_with_gifs/ also if you want king stuff here's a vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kECJiYvljs

Kobold Sex Tape fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 18, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If Tekken 7 is your first Tekken I would recommend starting with one of the new characters bc their movelist is lean and you will quickly start learning why they have the options they have. And then you can return to a legacy char and pick out the handful of useful moves and understand why their useful instead of just trusting the list you read online (it's still a really good list)

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I started with Bob and have since moved on to Paul. The jury is still out on whether I will ever be worth a poo poo with either but Paul's comedy option hair customization that let's you make his flat top like 3 ft tall was too dumb for me to not use.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

So he went from being MC Serch to gerald from hey arnold

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I play Eddy, Lee and Miguel and you'll pry them from my cold, dead hands.

Also Bryan but I've always been bad at him.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I started with Bob and have since moved on to Paul. The jury is still out on whether I will ever be worth a poo poo with either but Paul's comedy option hair customization that let's you make his flat top like 3 ft tall was too dumb for me to not use.

paul is legit as gently caress and i decided pretty quick i'd just stick with the guy that does 40% damage with one move

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The new Koihime Enbu version (RyoRaiRai) is being localised, it'll be out on PS4 and PC this summer:
https://twitter.com/DegicaGames/status/997568849838071808

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nice

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Ultramega posted:

So he went from being MC Serch to gerald from hey arnold

Gerald can also punch through brick walls.

Not sure how he changed his skin color tho

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

every time i see a new anime fightgame i've never heard of, i just assume its based on a smut VN.

i haven't been wrong yet.

why is this a thing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its supposed to have good foosties iirc

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
my feet are down here

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

why must the waifus spill blood. that's not the fluid you wanna see them covered in.

(Seriously, it kinda baffles me that there's this particular ultra-close relationship between a very high dexterity genre and a very, very low dexterity one. Also when's the We Know the Devil fighting game.)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
People naturally want to be able to control their favourite characters and see them move around with lots of animation and fighting games are a direct and efficient conduit to that audience, especially if you don't really care if you do a good job or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Fighting games are probably the easiest kind of game to poo poo out if you have an art team and don't give a drat about balance/gameplay.