Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its cool that once journalists got their hands on a cheat mode with triple health suddenly tropical freeze was a really great game lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

extremebuff posted:

its cool that once journalists got their hands on a cheat mode with triple health suddenly tropical freeze was a really great game lmao

theyre reviews from two different people

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I played in the regular mode, so I am missing out on Funky. I do buy Squawks a lot to find the puzzle pieces though, because I get bored of looking for them eventually.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

from what i have read funky kong is just an easier setting so that children can play through the entire game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
He has double health and can double jump or something like that, so yeah he's "assist" mode.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

trying to jack off posted:

from what i have read funky kong is just an easier setting so that children can play through the entire game

i actually play worse with him; i find DK/Diddy way easier to control.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

he has a lot more health and his abilities are basically diddy+dixie+cranky's abilities combined and better in every way, its an assist mode for kids and people who dont really care for the hardcore platforming

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Only registered members can see post attachments!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition kicks rear end. The adventure mode is freaking ginormous

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Strange Journey Redux came out a few days ago and it is awesome. It looks so much better than the original, although some of the new art is worse. There are a bunch of new tools to make the game more accessible but you can turn them off if you want the original experience. You can sprint in the dungeon now. Plus there's a big new dungeon that's giving me Labyrinth of Amala from Nocturne vibes. That combined with the additional difficulties (one easier, two harder) make this a definite recommend from this gamer.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

we doing a tournament of Mario tennis aces when it launches?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition kicks rear end. The adventure mode is freaking ginormous

Is this worth it if I played the Wii U one to almost the end of the normal Adventure Mode and stopped from a difficulty wall? It was a ton of fun, although I sort of prefer my button mashers to be ludicrously easy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk it's the first time I've played. The big things they added was being able to swap characters on the fly by hitting down on the dpad and added 9 more adventure maps

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

Is this worth it if I played the Wii U one to almost the end of the normal Adventure Mode and stopped from a difficulty wall? It was a ton of fun, although I sort of prefer my button mashers to be ludicrously easy

you can buy adventure map items in an item shop if you've acquired them once.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Linkle

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

i would also like to know the answer to this question

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've never played a Warriors game and I'm not huge on Zelda Lore but it seems like a ton of bang for your buck when it comes to fun mindless gaming so I think I'm in.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Still waiting for the Breath of the Wild Linkle DLC with double crossbow action.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cobalt Viper posted:

I've never played a Warriors game and I'm not huge on Zelda Lore but it seems like a ton of bang for your buck when it comes to fun mindless gaming so I think I'm in.
I'm the only imp who didn't like it much, I prefer the DW and SW games proper. I think it's a good game, it just never hooked me, so you should have a good time with it.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
hyrule warriors switch will probably be my one musou game for this decade

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

I pretty much get one per console so this will last me a while

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

absolutely anything posted:

I’m on the same schedule but I burned mine on DQ heroes 1

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Get DQ Heroes 1+2 bundle instead; That’s this gamers recommendation.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the adventure mode is cooler than anything I saw in DQH but those games are cool too

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hizke posted:

you can buy adventure map items in an item shop if you've acquired them once.

i guess my thing was that i really wanted to just mindlessly mash buttons and make numbers go up, but virtually all the maps after the first one required me to use more than three brain cells.

it was definitely a great game, though, i hope they do Dynasty Warriors clones for every Nintendo franchise

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Paper Mario Warriors would be nonstop glee

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I have so many games to play right now but Hyrule Warriors is really really tempting. . I played the poo poo out of it on 3DS but something about the grind just appeals to my lizard brain and I bet I could sink another 100 hours in like its nothing. I wish it had online co-op but on the other hand I'm kind of glad I didn't because it means I don't have an incentive to pick it up immediately to play with friends

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

it was definitely a great game, though, i hope they do Dynasty Warriors clones for every Nintendo franchise

Yeah I want a cross franchise Nintendo Smash Warriors game really bad lol. Also speaking of Paper Mario he better loving be in new Smash , idk how they've slept on that so far

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Also yeah it's an insane amount of content lol. I stopped playing on 3DS before the last 2 maps/a couple of characters were released, hadn't even finished everything that existed, and I had like 150 logged easy. It's one of those games where it's not a guarantee that you'll like it but if it is the kind of game for you then you will play it for loving ever

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

Strange Journey Redux came out a few days ago and it is awesome. It looks so much better than the original, although some of the new art is worse. There are a bunch of new tools to make the game more accessible but you can turn them off if you want the original experience. You can sprint in the dungeon now. Plus there's a big new dungeon that's giving me Labyrinth of Amala from Nocturne vibes. That combined with the additional difficulties (one easier, two harder) make this a definite recommend from this gamer.

Yeah it owns.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

donkey kong musou sounds kind of epic tbh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If they did another musou spin off they should just cut the bullshit and do a Smash Bros one so they could put every conceivable Nintendo character and enemy design into a single game

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Legend of Super Paper Smash 3D Excite Kart Country Bros. Warriors Prime

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the insane mashup/museum style of smash but in a good game please

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

elf help book posted:

the insane mashup/museum style of smash but in a good game please