Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Nice find

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But you are a person, and I can't say I'm awfully fond of that.
Cope mentioned on the Patreon that the constant storm makes the sky so dark it's nearly impossible for anyone to tell what time it is by the light.

And Duane's already having Mikaila pop up in his vision.

Yeah, this is gonna end suuuuuuuuuuuper badly.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
OH don't worry guys its the dinner procession!!

Hey guys, it'll be fine its just the DINNER PROCESSION!!!!!!!

I can't wait for dwayne to rip someones face off like its the san clarita diet.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 09:00 on May 16, 2018

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

I appreciate how that one note lines up perfectly with his mouth to make it look like a big line of drool.

~foreshadowing~

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch13/ch13_48.html

Jivi, you dumbass

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

At least someone's enjoying himself.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

he's totally rocking that outfit

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

So Matty dyed his hair? I guess that's one way to hide being an ald.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Looks like we got an artist in there:
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch13/ch13_49.html

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

So, the blue-haired twins seem to be the oldest we've seen in this rush? I wonder if their scheduled year is coming around soon, especially with the hair that matches the flowers.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you can tell the girl's a true artist when her response to seeing a dead man in the dining hall is "say absolutely nothing and start sketching madly"

also insane person talk:

jab beadman -> jeff bezos

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
This is perfect casting and I'm frankly embarrassed I didn't see it coming.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:killing:

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Man, Duane doesn't need to eat anyone. He's already destroying people.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

even as a zombie he can't shut the gently caress up

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

As much as he hates Crescans, he cares about children enough that this situation gets even worse. Because half the children in this room are going to be poisoned and then eaten at some point, and the fact that it's a painless death compared to how it used to be done and they could technically back out at the price of being a pariah forever and ruining their family isn't going to make that better for him. This entire scenario is basically custom-made to trigger him, from the fact that it's a temple where sacrifices are raised to the fact that all the kids here are girls to the dead waterbaby to the perpetually dark sky.

Also, the implication from that scene with Minnow is that Sette might be some sort of senet creature, right?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

PetraCore posted:

Also, the implication from that scene with Minnow is that Sette might be some sort of senet creature, right?

senet beasts are at least AWARE of her through their wacky senses, which is loving bizarre

(this may involve some blogknowledge)

senet beasts, like minnow, are outside of the khert, and not super-great at interpreting the khert - basically they consider the khert to be a Human Thingybob

which isn't to say they CAN'T interpret the khert, Ash has mentioned that Ruckmearkha can both see and do horrible things to Timofey

but i bet my second-favorite pair of underpants that Ruck would be super jazzed to glimpse Sette Frummagem

also Sette can sniff khert-stuff better than any known entity - which is also interesting in the "senet beasts have trouble interacting with the khert" sense

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

PetraCore posted:

There are a bunch of theories on the subject of what Sette is. I think my favourite at the minute is that she's Tirna. Her eating from Tirna's offerings and taking her place in the play is suggestive if you're already suspicious (she's also wearing Tirna's colours, I've just noticed).

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Autonomous Monster posted:

There are a bunch of theories on the subject of what Sette is. I think my favourite at the minute is that she's Tirna. Her eating from Tirna's offerings and taking her place in the play is suggestive if you're already suspicious (she's also wearing Tirna's colours, I've just noticed).

she's always been a huge Tirna fangirl

maybe as she suggests it's just a Sharteshane thing

they're a bunch of pirate-descended rear end in a top hat but nevertheless Gefendur

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Well I'm glad at least Jivi's having a good time.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

my own favorite theory about Sette's origins is that she's an entirely unremarkable* khert glitch

* - unremarkable in origins terms, she's clearly stoopendous

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

that actually went better than expected

good job, sette

i don't think anybody got dead, although the Crescian soldier who got chucked by the head (and his skin tone is odd, maybe they recruit from Ulestry and other satellites or he's descended from immigrants?) is probably going to have neck problems

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Kill 'em all and burn it all down Dwayne, its the only right way.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

blond guard is alive

siya and sister own

it's going to be a great scene when siya gets killed and eaten, presumably by Queen Sonorie at the big Morstorben shindig

also I kind of like Lori, too bad she's probably definitely involved in crimes against humanity relatively benign senet beasts

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 5, 2018

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
sette in the fourth panel of today's comic is somehow the scariest she's ever been

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

GreyjoyBastard posted:

blond guard is alive

siya and sister own

it's going to be a great scene when siya gets killed and eaten, presumably by Queen Sonorie at the big Morstorben shindig

also I kind of like Lori, too bad she's probably definitely involved in crimes against humanity relatively benign senet beasts
Although she definitely also has regrets for such, given the doll and candle next to the dead waterbaby. Of course, having regrets doesn't make her less guilty, especially since there is almost certainly active experimentation going on on waterwomen in the temple right now, but it seems likely to me she's being pressured into this by Queen Sonorie and recognizes that the waterwomen are people, even if that's not enough to get her to stop what's happening.

It's pretty striking how dark Sonorie's plots are, even though she was terrified of being crowned because it'd involve ordering people to their deaths. I know that was a dream, but I'm also taking it as a true insight to how Sonorie felt when she was younger, and the deep guilt she feels now. But guilt buys nothing, and desperation breeds monstrosity, and seriously, everything we've seen her involved with is extremely hosed up, with the carving up of Roger's mind being the least horrific example because he's (almost certainly) a willing participant. It makes me wonder what she thinks the Alds have planned, if she's willing to go this far to strike against them.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I mean, we already know the Alds are insane monsters to their own people, even

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Yeah the high-ranked Aldish we've seen were chatting openly about how great it'd be to exterminate other Alds of the wrong religion, and that's still several tiers above Crescians in their books. They're just maybe a bit behind on the mad science superweapon arms race to do it with.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jun 6, 2018

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oxxidation posted:

sette in the fourth panel of today's comic is somehow the scariest she's ever been

sette is like 50% bluff and 50% steel and she only knows about the bluff part, so the steel don't show unless she forgets the bluff part

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Sette would mop the loving floor with jivi and it wouldn't even be a contest.

PetraCore posted:

Although she definitely also has regrets for such, given the doll and candle next to the dead waterbaby. Of course, having regrets doesn't make her less guilty, especially since there is almost certainly active experimentation going on on waterwomen in the temple right now, but it seems likely to me she's being pressured into this by Queen Sonorie and recognizes that the waterwomen are people, even if that's not enough to get her to stop what's happening.

It's pretty striking how dark Sonorie's plots are, even though she was terrified of being crowned because it'd involve ordering people to their deaths. I know that was a dream, but I'm also taking it as a true insight to how Sonorie felt when she was younger, and the deep guilt she feels now. But guilt buys nothing, and desperation breeds monstrosity, and seriously, everything we've seen her involved with is extremely hosed up, with the carving up of Roger's mind being the least horrific example because he's (almost certainly) a willing participant. It makes me wonder what she thinks the Alds have planned, if she's willing to go this far to strike against them.

The Alds aren't that much 'worse' save for being viciously racist but I think the problem is she can't beat them flat, like, the alds aren't some weak nation they're provably hardcore and I'm pretty sure militaristicly outmatch the divided Geffendur peoples (especially since the sharts aren't going to stick their neck out for anyone.)

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 6, 2018

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

GreyjoyBastard posted:

blond guard is alive

siya and sister own

not till they're older, when they're 22. Somebody else is up for Morstorben: http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch13/ch13_07.html

I think it's probably difficult to figure out which government is worse. I mean, on one hand, the Alds torture their own citizens, are 100% down for biological warfare on their own people, and in general are fairly out of their minds, but Crescians also summarily execute any non-Gefendur and almost certainly their queen is planning a genocide of some sort. Plus Bell is cheerfully wiping entire towns off the map and Ruck's been chewing on him, which the queen might very well also be orchestrating. Neither side is a particularly good option.

I think Jivi is a pretty great foil to the Sette/Duane combo, since he doesn't cut Sette any slack for her behavior and Duane's got some fairly hosed-up opinions re: countries and gender. I hope the plot keeps them together for a while.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Tollymain posted:

sette is like 50% bluff and 50% steelsteal

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nice

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Unsounded is just the weirdest fantasy world. Even if you don't go looking for all the extra information, it's very clearly a very unique setting.

And then the comic itself is all goofy and fun, but then there's a severe tonal dissonance between these happy fun characters and the societies they live in, which are all pretty grimdark under the surface.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idk if id call anybody in this comic happy and fun

except ruffles

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

They're definitely fun people but definitely not happy either.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

SlothfulCobra posted:

Unsounded is just the weirdest fantasy world. Even if you don't go looking for all the extra information, it's very clearly a very unique setting.

It really is and Ashley spending years roleplaying in this world she created for herself and her friends really helps to cement the believability of the characters and setting. It leaves me with a strong sense of the author knowing what they are doing and where they are going.

Also as for extra information, the Unsounded tumblr is the only tumblr I read and the only comic I go out of my way to check out extras. I mean it's not mandatory but with how fleshed out everything seems to be in Ashley's mind, there's so many good questions that get answered and details about characters background or setting info that I can't imagine not reading it after having done so for so long.

Tollymain posted:

idk if id call anybody in this comic happy and fun

except ruffles

Matty seems happy and fun, or at least incredibly positive considering all he has been through. Or at least between his bouts of constantly being disappointed by his dad and everyone around him, but I guess that's what happens when you are optimistic to a fault. He's basically the opposite of his dad.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jivi, you dick.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Eagerly awaiting the subplot where Duane teaches Sette how to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bit late on this but from the tumblr:

quote:

Anonymous asked: Has Nary ever seen Sette get serious like how she was in the fourth panel of the latest page?

Yes, there was one time where something very intense happened back home. Nary told her how to deal with it, she followed his advice, and afterwards he gave her one of those wordless little mafioso nods of stern approval before moving on to new business. It was the best day of Sette’s life and also among the worst.

I’ll refrain from details though since I do wanna write that story one day.