Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

kiimo posted:

Uh Montana?
What kind of a sick bastard would hate Montana?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

kiimo posted:

Uh Montana?
https://youtu.be/0qs7QfqYXl0

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

Uh Montana?

I was referring to QBs who spent most of their careers in the AFC West, not taggers on at the end of their careers like Peyton or Montana.

And yeah, who hates Montana?

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

boy howdy

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The very short period of Montana vs. Elway duels was peak NFL. Esp the MNF in Mile High.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Mahomes is a fraud.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Durandal1707 posted:

Elway wasn't even the best QB from the '83 draft too

Yeah this is bullshit.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Nah, Marino was better

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

a neat cape posted:

Nah, Marino was better

As a pure passer? Maybe but Elway dragged a lovely coach and bad roster to 4 SBs.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Marino is third best QB in NFL history. He's a better QB than Elway.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Marino was a passing God much in the way that Barry was the purest runner in the history of mankind.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

warcrimes posted:

As a pure passer? Maybe but Elway dragged a lovely coach and bad roster to 4 SBs.

do you really want to play the ringz argument with elway

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

warcrimes posted:

if only Mario had a Rod Smith or Shannon Sharpe or Terrell Davis

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Agreed, Elway only dragged an entire team to the first three Super Bowls, not the last two

a neat cape posted:

if only Mario had a Rod Smith or Shannon Sharpe or Terrell Davis

These guys weren't around through the 80s.

Marino had Mark Clayton and Duper, and had a consistently better line, and always a better defense until the right at the end.

Afterbirth Aftermath fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 12, 2018

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

If you built the exact same team and asked me who I wanted to QB it, I would pick Elway over Marino all day every day.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Let's not forget that all 3 of those 1980's Denver Super Bowl appearances were made possible by beating the legendary pants-making GBS threads Browns in the AFC championship game.

All of them

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Yeah, seems weird that the Browns were given a free trip to the conference championship each year but you gotta beat who's in front of you I guess

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

if only Mario

I know this is a typo/autocorrect, but now I want a Super Mario game where he bombs passes off of goomba heads.

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

Marino had Mark Clayton and Duper, and had a consistently better line, and always a better defense until the right at the end.

I don't think this part is true at all. I mean Denver had the #1 scoring defense and #3 defense in yards before they got blown up by the 49ers in Elways 3rd loss. Plus they just generally seemed to be better than the Dolphins D for a whole lot of years in there.

e: Plus you're a Broncos fan, you should by hyping up the three amigos vs the Marks brothers here.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dangerllama posted:

If you built the exact same team and asked me who I wanted to QB it, I would pick Elway over Marino all day every day.

This is you irl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rerj92ZPuV4

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

How’d you find my channel?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

How in the world did you come across this?

I also don't think Marino's line was better and was probably worse thinking back. There's no real statistical way to figure it out that I know, I just remember Marino constantly instantly releasing the ball with a guy in his face and Elway would run around a bunch.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

Agreed, Elway only dragged an entire team to the first three Super Bowls, not the last two

These guys weren't around through the 80s.

Agreed and let me be clear. I hate the Broncos and I hate Elway but I'm the old dude that saw all these guys play. Marino was a beautiful pure passer but Elway would find a way to win in big moments every time. That defense was atrocious and their run game was bad.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Hey now don’t talk poo poo about Broncos legend Sammy Winder :colbert:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

warcrimes posted:

Agreed and let me be clear. I hate the Broncos and I hate Elway but I'm the old dude that saw all these guys play. Marino was a beautiful pure passer but Elway would find a way to win in big moments every time. That defense was atrocious and their run game was bad.

The run game was bad, the defense was often good and at least a couple of times very good.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

The run game was bad, the defense was often good and at least a couple of times very good.

Yep. Giving up 39, 42 and 55 points is "good" and/or "very good"

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

In other news, Bruce Irvin, Gabe Jackson and Amari Cooper all graduated college this past week. That's really good poo poo.

https://twitter.com/BIrvin_WVU11/status/995316439564345345

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

warcrimes posted:

In other news, Bruce Irvin, Gabe Jackson and Amari Cooper all graduated college this past week. That's really good poo poo.

https://twitter.com/BIrvin_WVU11/status/995316439564345345

Similarly:

https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/995106405433491457

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
If you guys haven't watched it the 30 for 30 Elway to Marino documentary was really good
http://www.espn.com/30for30/film?page=elwaytomarino

That being said Elway was a demigod when he walked on that field.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Definitely more good poo poo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

warcrimes posted:

There are, in fact, games played in the year that are not the Super Bowl.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Durandal1707 posted:

Elway wasn't even the best QB from the '83 draft too

yeah you're right

nobody has poo poo on todd blackledge except maybe charles carroll "tony" eason iv

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grittybeard posted:

warcrimes posted:

I think the NFC was just the superior conference in that period. Before the Broncos won their first Super Bowl, the NFC Champion won 13 consecutive Super Bowls.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/995735348721446912

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Sounds right, Andrew Hawkins and Joe Thomas described him as a rapper that happened to play football.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

That was the show that had a fatal shooting at it, lol

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Does he rap about Sonic?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/RAIDERS/status/996839321918373890

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Now post a picture of him catching something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

This guy loving rules

• Locked thread