Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

No, it's everything.

Off the top of my had its those two + Chain of memories, dream drop distance (can't remember if this is the movie cutscenes or the riku game) and birth by sleep...

I've only played kh1 and kh2 and I have the collection but Birth By Sleep actually looks legit good and its preview vid from the secret ending of kh2 final.mix is one of my favorite CG teasers of all time...I don't think you need to be a fan to appreciate the spectacle of it. I still have no what's going on plotwise here or who these people are (I know they're your playable chars in BBS but that's it) and man it just rules, watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejYttnAXfEY

Megasabin posted:

I only played KH1 & KH2, and this is pretty much undecipherable to me. It's really cool, but I don't remember there being even traces of story that could give me insight into who these people are or what's happening.

Part of me is afraid to play BBS because what if this moment isn't nearly as cool in-game (like the famous KH2 "deep dive" teaser which, while cool as hell as a taser, iirc it was made before the game and the game had to fit it into the plot somehow).

edit: beep by grandpa platinum postin' tip: if you snipe a page, quote whatever posts you're referring to so people jumpin in won't be confused. That's all for today nerds :c00l:

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Would have anything to do with the fact you're completely ignoring the story and characters in the story-driven game?

tbh the characters and story in mass effect have always been a bit bunk so i cant really comment on any of them other then "they're alright" but no, it's never been the main draw of the series for me

Personally I think the worst thing bioware have ever done in their games is add the romance subplots cuz it makes sad lonely nerds way to attached to their boring characters

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

beep by grandpa posted:

Part of me is afraid to play BBS because what if this moment isn't nearly as cool in-game (like the famous KH2 "deep dive" teaser which, while cool as hell as a taser, iirc it was made before the game and the game had to fit it into the plot somehow".

I mean it's pretty much exactly the same just with PSP graphics instead of expensive CGI so no it's not as cool sadly. Also in three different bits because that's the three different character endings combined.
The boss fights are cool though.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What that's the ending ?? lmao

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it literally spoils the ending of the game mostly except with no context

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

The actual final battles all take place after that cutscene so it doesn’t really spoil the “ending” per se, though it does give away how it’s all set up.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That's kinda cool and doesn't really ruin it for me. I just know it'll be hype as gently caress when I play the game and my characters walk into that setting all armored up like badasses cause this is it :wow:

I really, really love that fuckin CG trailer.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I really want to play the new KH. I love the poo poo out of Disney but my lack of interest in FF always kept me from trying the series. The new one is looking too good to pass up.

Have they ever done Haunted Mansion stuff?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nah, the Disney worlds are generally all like huge names or occasionally then-recent stuff they wanna plug like Tron world in 3D.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Sakurazuka posted:

Nah, the Disney worlds are generally all like huge names or occasionally then-recent stuff they wanna plug like Tron world in 3D.

Haunted Mansion is a huge name!

That’s alright though even if I’m not always that into some of the newish stuff. I understand why they do that.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

fridge corn posted:

Definitely worth it. I bought it at £15 and ive been having a good time with it, easily my favourite mass effect game of the lot. The combat is much improved

Your favorite mass effect game, huh?

:thunk:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I guess if you didn't like Mass Effect the worst one could be your favorite

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

homeless snail posted:

I guess if you didn't like Mass Effect the worst one could be your favorite

Is this why so many people have a thing for FF9

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

Liking FF9 is just good taste

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

Haunted Mansion is a huge name!

That’s alright though even if I’m not always that into some of the newish stuff. I understand why they do that.

they pick from the movies, not the rides. there's no space mountain world either

the haunted mansion movie sucked so it follows that there wouldn't be a world for it in kingdom hearts

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If movie quality mattered they wouldn't have done Tron Legacy 😦

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why did they make the bad guy from Tron Legacy look like if Guy Fieri got a Venom costume?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FAUXTON posted:

This is a bannable offense

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Andrast posted:

Liking FF9 is just good taste

Yeah load times on ps1 aside it blew my mind with graphics, systems/mechanics were cool, story was really good i liked the shakespeare bent, and i loved the old school ff theme after all the edgy 90's iterations

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Why did they make the bad guy from Tron Legacy look like if Guy Fieri got a Venom costume?
Eh? The bad guy from Tron Legacy was just CG younger Jeff Bridges...

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah load times on ps1 aside it blew my mind with graphics, systems/mechanics were cool, story was really good i liked the shakespeare bent, and i loved the old school ff theme after all the edgy 90's iterations

Yeah FF9's fantastic, the PC/PS4 version with the speed up is greatly appreciated.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Akuma posted:

Eh? The bad guy from Tron Legacy was just CG younger Jeff Bridges...

In that Youtube video for KH he's all flamed out looking and looks nothing like he did in the movie.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

BisterdDave posted:

How much longer until Amazon drops their 20% discount?

Would be hilarious if there's a chain reaction where Amazon drops their discount in response to Bestbuy and Gamestop becomes the "best value" place to buy physical games once again.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

In that Youtube video for KH he's all flamed out looking and looks nothing like he did in the movie.
Ohhhh in Kingdom Hearts. Right.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Waltzing Along posted:

Your favorite mass effect game, huh?

:thunk:

I never played the first one, the second one was cool, but I got bored of the third halfway through so take my opinion with a pinch of salt but for mass effect andromeda I will say this: its got the exploring planets and shooting dudes down pat which is all I ever wanted out of a.mass effect game in the first place so for me it is a good game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

veni veni veni posted:

If you mean the one posted earlier that's not him, he looks pretty much like he did in the movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saN-eGWoloU
I don't think there's even a boss version or anything

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The funniest KH tie in will always be Chicken Little.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I completely forgot that summon existed and I even more completely forgot that movie existed. What a bizarre choice. What a forgettable movie.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The voice actor for the main character in Detroit sounds so so bad. The graphics are insanely good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zinkraptor posted:

I completely forgot that summon existed and I even more completely forgot that movie existed. What a bizarre choice. What a forgettable movie.

The most bizarre world is the 3D one based on a straight to video Three Musketeers Mickey Mouse vehicle from 2004

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
So can you only get ps2 games like Ico through ps now streaming or whatever?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The voice actor for the main character in Detroit sounds so so bad. The graphics are insanely good.

How many eye polygons?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I just rented Bloodborne from my local library.

I'd already seen lets plays of the game, but they don't really convey how good the sound direction is. Everything sounds so creepy, all the time. The muttering of the demented locals, the giant crows, those...things in the sewers

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Head Bee Guy posted:

So can you only get ps2 games like Ico through ps now streaming or whatever?

dunno about ico specifically but if a ps2/ps3 game isn't specifically ported to ps4 then yes, ps now is your only option

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SardonicTyrant posted:

I'd already seen lets plays of the game, but they don't really convey how good the sound direction is. Everything sounds so creepy, all the time. The muttering of the demented locals, the giant crows, those...things in the sewers

Yah it has 10/10 sound design and music

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

If you mean the one posted earlier that's not him, he looks pretty much like he did in the movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saN-eGWoloU
I don't think there's even a boss version or anything

Oh, is it some guy from the cartoon or something? Looked just like a reskin of him to me.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I wouldn't want to play Andromeda but if it was life or death I'd choose it over Jade Empire

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'd choose death over any other option so that's not a good metaphor

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Lobok posted:

drat, that looks fun.

Watching on my phone though, I do have one question about something that sometimes bugs me racing games: is it clear what the route is? Where the track ends I mean?

It's mostly pretty obvious. There are semi-transparent track barriers that you can go through but will mostly lead to wrecking/respawning

you can see an example at 90seconds into the tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3N-4B3cvTY

SardonicTyrant posted:

Yeah, all that and the constant blood curdling screams of the bosses really do their job to unnerve the player. Amazing sound design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

fridge corn posted:

I never played the first one, the second one was cool, but I got bored of the third halfway through so take my opinion with a pinch of salt but for mass effect andromeda I will say this: its got the exploring planets and shooting dudes down pat which is all I ever wanted out of a.mass effect game in the first place so for me it is a good game

I haven't played all the games but in my opinion this one is best.