Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

He's being very rambunctious today but this is the result of me putting him in my hand and scolding 'Ama, be good. Let's take a nice picture for Tendai, okay?'

His ruff feathers are currently stained pinkish because he took a bath and then rubbed himself all over the red-dyed wood on his playgym to dry off :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
LAB delivers better than USPS :3: Goddamn, Ama, how are you so cute

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I ask him that every day. He claims it's just genetics.

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k

Noxville posted:

For the people with Senegals which have been through puberty, how much longer do I have to endure this?

Mine is 11 and he's a piece of poo poo at various times of the year. Like now. But at others he's a cuddly baby. He manages to bite me really bad at least once every year. So...to answer you: always.
My advice is not to let yours get nesty around cavities (cupboards, boxes, shadowy places, anywhere he fluffs up) and to handle him with a stick of he's getting aggro'd.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I ask him that every day. He claims it's just genetics.

I think we need Charlie's opinion as well. A good objective perspective.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think we need Charlie's opinion as well. A good objective perspective.

Seconded and thirded. The motion carries!

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

How do you guys introduce your little goblins to showers? Mochi likes to take a bath every day already but I'd like a way to get him more comfortable with the spray. Links to a reliable shower perch? I'd be so afraid of it falling down on him, though he's a perfectly average 65ishg. Mr. ana takes boiling hot showers (and also thinks letting the bird shower with you is weird) so I figured it could be some daily bonding time for me and Mochi.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
PYF again.

Seriously, pet birds are adorable and fun to watch but sweet Jesus would I not want to own one.

https://i.imgur.com/jMAS30g.mp4

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cythereal posted:

PYF again.

Seriously, pet birds are adorable and fun to watch but sweet Jesus would I not want to own one.

https://i.imgur.com/jMAS30g.mp4

"Wait, what, getitoffgetitoffgetitoffgetitoffgetitoffgetitoffgetitoff."

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

What a pretty horse.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I made that picture of Ama my lock screen because his expression is so delightful to see :3: I hope that's OK LAB

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

He's being very rambunctious today but this is the result of me putting him in my hand and scolding 'Ama, be good. Let's take a nice picture for Tendai, okay?'

His ruff feathers are currently stained pinkish because he took a bath and then rubbed himself all over the red-dyed wood on his playgym to dry off :downs:

What is he holding on to

How is he not slipping

I do not understand

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's an anime, he's not bound by rules of gravity

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Tendai posted:

I made that picture of Ama my lock screen because his expression is so delightful to see :3: I hope that's OK LAB
Of course!!!!

Potato Salad posted:

What is he holding on to

How is he not slipping

I do not understand
One foot has a tenuous grasp on my finger, but he's actively sliding out of my hand in protest of his circumstance :derptiel:

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Ama is so precious but I wouldn’t say no to some Charlie

Also, this came out recently?
https://twitter.com/2manyparrots/status/996727409423605761

Looking forward to happy tearing up

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
on the other hand, Buttons :kimchi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5wJV-7vlLw

(that hopeful little "cracker?")

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tendai posted:

on the other hand, Buttons :kimchi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5wJV-7vlLw

(that hopeful little "cracker?")

The one thing I love about button's owner is her asking for a cockatoo to use a "library voice".

Can you tell the sun to, "hey , stop being so bright"?

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I keep trying to take Bandit pictures but baby conures are apparently incapable of sitting still for that long

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Shirec posted:

Ama is so precious but I wouldn’t say no to some Charlie

"This is just what we're doing now, huh?"

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
920fps annoyed budgie https://gfycat.com/UntimelyInfatuatedGodwit

e: my hair is just so long today *shake* (this is .2 seconds)

iRend fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 17, 2018

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

A perfectly normal evening

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Serra seems to have no idea she can grip things, at all.

I'm slowly getting her comfortable on shoulders and being around movement. But today she was on my shoulder and I was wearing a "wife beater" (Is that called an A shirt? I'd rather call it an A shirt) undershirts. There was only the strap while the rest was bare skin. She started to rapidly scritch herself with her head tucked under a wing.

Doing this slowly started her sliding off my shoulder. I thought she would simply hop onto the shirt strap. Nah, she slid completely off my should, started panicking, and flew sideways in the side of my dad's recliner.

Afterwards, I'm convinced she was experiencing birdy shame. :3:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I just call them singlets. And yes birds who are not used to singlets get very confused and fall off shoulders when you're wearing them. When I have a singlet or strappy dress on I get the bird shawl out (also good for not getting poop on nice tops) or stick them in my boobs :downs:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I just call them singlets. And yes birds who are not used to singlets get very confused and fall off shoulders when you're wearing them. When I have a singlet or strappy dress on I get the bird shawl out (also good for not getting poop on nice tops) or stick them in my boobs :downs:

I always think that their nesting instincts makes cleavage an amazing hiding spot for birds. Why? Because my friend at the local bird store says certain birds seem to instinctively dive into women's shirts.

I think it's sorta funny. :3:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I'm on my phone or I'd post the gif of a lovebird burrowing gleefully into some boobs that made me decide that's the type of bird I would get.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I'm on my phone or I'd post the gif of a lovebird burrowing gleefully into some boobs that made me decide that's the type of bird I would get.

I think I know the one you are talking about but can't find the drat thing! It's hysterical.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Man, my tiels have never tried to burrow in cleavage, exactly, though Ozzy has buried his face in boob when he's feeling insecure. But Sera will also happily bring food over to me and eat it off my breasts like a goddamn table. I'm not sure if he expects me to join him or not.

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Oohh what a chico! Mine no longer lets me do that but sometimes he will let my husband hold him like that for a bit. Makes me miss the old days when Max was a baby.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/VJjedo3.mp4

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

This bird park is near where I live!

Its from Karaakin Wildlife Center, they rehab endangered black cockatoos.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Here is the gif:

And here is a Crouton and Galbedir taking refuge in my gross old linty dress:

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 07:02 on May 18, 2018

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Here is the gif:

Aww! They're so cute :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

The more I see this picture the more I love it, I didn't know it was possible for the normal senegal-y crazy eyes to look so resigned to their indignity :allears:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Here is the gif:

You found it! Bravo and hurray!

I think every lovebird I've ever met was possessed or something. The ones I encounter are like feathered can openers.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Captain Log posted:

You found it! Bravo and hurray!

I think every lovebird I've ever met was possessed or something. The ones I encounter are like feathered can openers.

Crouton is definitely a feathered can opener, and a foul tempered one at that. Galbedir is beautiful and pure and innocent. When I was talking to the vet about Crouton he said that usually it's a bad sign if a girl lovebird is quiet and docile rather than full of aggro and directionless rage.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Also I have heard from more than one source that the yellow ones are more bitey, which in my experience seems to be true.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
With parakeets, I feel like a docile female is a sick female. All the little ladies I've had have been parakeet rage personified. My father and my current female parakeet seem locked in this staring war most days where my father says, "That bird lives to hate things."

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Spencer started moulting this week. This is one day's moult:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

mikerock posted:

Spencer started moulting this week. This is one day's moult:

Brainwave: Self plucking chickens.